PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Station > Varsity

Nittanys1
09-06-2006, 06:46 PM
So I had a little epiphany today and was wondering who would be interested in switching the monthly meet at the varsity to the atlantic station. There is a TON of space there and would be a cool place to have a meet. The only down fall would be that the parking deck only allows you to stay there for two hours or less without having to pay for your spot.

I know this may be different from the norm but what wouldn't be? this is the closest place from the Varsity and possibly could be our new place to meet. Im not saying this will be our place to meet this month but maybe we can spread the word this meet and possibly make it our future place to meet!

any input would be great!...lol I know ill get some!

Im not sure what the price of parking would be after the two hour bubble but i feel that it will be less then the $5. If we really want to find a new place to have a meet I feel that this place is a very cool place to meet and can have a big potential!

Mr_Mischif
09-06-2006, 07:06 PM
When I tried to make a suggestion to move, people bitched cause the Varsity was "in the middle of everywhere", so unless it's like right next door, I doubt anyone's gonna switch.

modaddy718
09-06-2006, 07:13 PM
yeah atlantic station is right across the highway, you can see it from the varsity.

RUFFIAN
09-06-2006, 07:13 PM
:headslap: uh....atlantic station is next door. its off of 17th street. I'm down to move it. I'm tired of crackheads hittin me up for cash.

Mr_Mischif
09-06-2006, 07:20 PM
:headslap: uh....atlantic station is next door. its off of 17th street. I'm down to move it. I'm tired of crackheads hittin me up for cash.

My bad. i'm from the south side. I don't go where those uppity crackas are often.

IndianStig
09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
good idea.

i don't think atlantic station wants car meets there tho

Nittanys1
09-06-2006, 07:31 PM
yeah they prob dont want us there but what r they going to to when 200+ ppl show up...tell us to leave? then we can go to the varsity!!!! I PERSONALLY THINK WE SHOULD MAKE THE NEXT MEET AT ATLANTIC STATION there is SOOOO much room in the parking deck that there shouldnt be a problem! If there is then we can always drive back to the varsity....we should spread the word at this varsity meeting, I know I'll be there spreading the word!!!

oh and those complaining that its too far of a drive..if you cant got drive 7 more lights down peachtree then dont come!

DeutscheBAG!
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
yeah they prob dont want us there but what r they going to to when 200+ ppl show up...tell us to leave? !

there, you said it. exactly what will happen

Nittanys1
09-06-2006, 07:51 PM
we will not know till it happpens...im sure it was the same way when the varsity meet was started up! If we dont try something new then we will never know! its worth a go! we will have AT LEAST 2 HOURS in the parking deck before we have to pay!

RUFFIAN
09-06-2006, 08:34 PM
last 3 times I was at atlantic station there was more black people thay white down there .

bigdare23
09-06-2006, 08:39 PM
last 3 times I was at atlantic station there was more black people thay white down there .

what do that got to do with it???

Brett
09-06-2006, 09:01 PM

So what do you have against us black people? You think we all steal cars and sell crack? Thats some fucked up racial shit!! This is why us black folks wanna kill whitey cracka's like you

bigdare23
09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
So what do you have against us black people? You think we all steal cars and sell crack? Thats some fucked up racial shit!! This is why us black folks wanna kill whitey cracka's like you

YEAH!!! WHAT HE SAID!!!

Nemesis
09-06-2006, 09:03 PM

LOL Damn Black people. What they think Atlanta is? They own personal freaknik every day of the week?! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

**runs behind white people**

ARFNSX
09-06-2006, 09:50 PM

I hate reminding you of this brett but you are white...aka mr johnson aka cracker aka da man! :police:

yerrow
09-06-2006, 10:09 PM
i think after 2 hours its $8

Ericp
09-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm down for the move. I don't think cops can kick you out either if you pay for parking.....right?

HiPSI
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm down for the move. I don't think cops can kick you out either if you pay for parking.....right?

you can still loiter on a property even if you've paid for parking.

and trying to move a meet like that would be a good way to end even being able to meet at the V. once the property owners for Atlantic Station complain about all the cars loitering in their lot the police will probably start scrutinizing the Varsity lot as well. just be content that the Varsity is accomodating to you guys unlike pretty much every other property in atlanta.

1SICKLEX
09-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Actually I am in talking with management there:)

The parking deck is huge. Thing is they want to see people spend money there and I cannot promise them that will happen. All the restarurants cost $$$$ outside Moes and if people do burnouts and other shit, forget about it.

It is free to park the first 2 hours. Quite frankly all you would have to do is leave within 2 hours, and come right back in for another 2 hours:)

JDMBeau
09-06-2006, 10:23 PM
ya its for parking, i for one would like to see some people move from the varsity cause it gets stupid, burnouts and shit, ya they are cool to watch, but it forces me to park my car away from that

plus the last 2 times ive gone ive had to pay for parking, so im not even going probally until it gets cold.

Tracy
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
I do know they want $6,000-$10,000 and a big ass package to have a car show there that has to be approved by their comitte to make sure it fits in with their image they are trying to maintain ;) Been there already.

quickdodgeŽ
09-06-2006, 10:30 PM
It'll never work. As Tracy said, they are trying to gather an image that will only be "tarnished" if the tuners come in. I guarantee that it won't work. Later, QD.

Tracy
09-06-2006, 10:35 PM
I mean someone can try. They were as nice and professional as you would expect them to be. I just know they want to make it hard for the every day joe to do a car thing there. There were about it if it was like GM backed thing. It has to be a "full presentation before they consider it".

1SICKLEX
09-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I do know they want $6,000-$10,000 and a big ass package to have a car show there that has to be approved by their comitte to make sure it fits in with their image they are trying to maintain ;) Been there already.
Bingo.................

Bballjamal
09-06-2006, 10:58 PM
What tracy said, + , the first dip going into the parking garage is hell sent for lowered cars!

Nittanys1
09-07-2006, 07:50 AM
^^^So is the varsity!

Ehh well the thread did what I wanted it to...get ppl to talk about a new spot...granted with all the information posted it looks like it might not be such a hit will the higher ups over there....I guess I'll just go there tomorrow to take some pics...

B16a2 Civic
09-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Lol, you type with a lot of exclaimation marks Nittany

Nittanys1
09-07-2006, 07:59 AM
yeah.....about that.....

ShooterMcGavin
09-07-2006, 08:21 AM
no way, parking/traffic is already a bitch w/the regular traffic, i wanna be nowhere near that deck when 200+ cars show up for a meet. shit, have u any idea how many ppl are not gonna know how to pay to get out should they overstay their 2 hrs??? it would create the line from hell, i know cuz i've had to sit behind some of these dumb pricks on a regular day. :2cents:

Vteckidd
09-07-2006, 08:24 AM
yeah worst idea ever. i used to live in atlantic station.

Im telling you guys, if there is not a baseball game, TURNER FIELD FRONT LOT FTW

B16a2 Civic
09-07-2006, 08:27 AM
yeah worst idea ever.

more worse then giving Late Night Crew their own section?

Brett
09-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I hate reminding you of this brett but you are white...aka mr johnson aka cracker aka da man! :police:

~looks in mirror~ OH SHIT!!! IM WHITE!!! :lmfao:

The Yousef
09-07-2006, 09:11 AM

:goodjob: :lmfao: :yes: :bump: :cheers: :D

Dominic49
09-07-2006, 10:05 AM

ouch....

justwongit
09-07-2006, 11:23 AM
yeah worst idea ever. i used to live in atlantic station.

Im telling you guys, if there is not a baseball game, TURNER FIELD FRONT LOT FTW

i agree with this one..

and if its in the parking deck.. people gonna be like OMG DUDE TOKYO DRIFT!!!!!!!! :gay:

lildragster
09-07-2006, 11:27 AM
I think its a good Idea, moving it to Atlantic Station. Plus its only like a dollar to park there. If you loose your ticket its $5 for the whole night.

Fr33way
09-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Not going to work.

EVEN if they let "well behaved" tuners meet (which I doubt), the same crowd that is an annoyance at the Varsity will fuck this up.

Tracy
09-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Turner Field has security

IndianStig
09-07-2006, 01:22 PM
we will not know till it happpens...im sure it was the same way when the varsity meet was started up! If we dont try something new then we will never know! its worth a go! we will have AT LEAST 2 HOURS in the parking deck before we have to pay!

Exactly, worth a try. Maybe you should try smaller meets, like do a inner-city meet sometime before the next varsity meet, similar to the G'nett meets. If that goes well, then maybe more people will be willing to try it out.

I'd be willing to try it, if i get a car cool enough to take to meets.

MongolPup
09-07-2006, 01:57 PM
LOL brett said "whitey crackas"

The Golden Child
09-07-2006, 01:57 PM

RACISE !!!

JDMBeau
09-07-2006, 04:22 PM
racist you mean...

i say if anything there should be a meeting spot somewhere more north, i drive almost an hour and a half to get there.

Tracy
09-07-2006, 04:28 PM
racist you mean...

i say if anything there should be a meeting spot somewhere more north, i drive almost an hour and a half to get there.

no he actually did mean racise :yes:

{X}Echo419
09-08-2006, 09:09 AM
I like tha Atlantic Station idea. :2cents:

1SICKLEX
09-09-2006, 06:14 PM
It just hit me if people r bitching about the $5 at the Varsity, Atlantic Station will be too rich for your blood...

I need to find an old abandoned airport or something, lol....

EG BTER
09-09-2006, 07:04 PM
We did a photoshoot in the parking deck and the security gaurds kicked us out...I dont think they will tolerate loitering. my :2cents:

WickedIXMR
09-09-2006, 07:47 PM
IA should just collect money and build their own damn parking lot!!.. cept land is pricey and theres nowhere in midtown where we could do it

Nittanys1
09-09-2006, 07:51 PM
We did a photoshoot in the parking deck and the security gaurds kicked us out...I dont think they will tolerate loitering. my :2cents:

I did on too...spent 1hr 50mins down there ran into NO problems...thats where my sig came from

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2006, 02:28 PM

as have we, twice, both times security came through slowly looking at our cars and didn't stop to say anything.

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
IA should just collect money and build their own damn parking lot!!.. cept land is pricey and theres nowhere in midtown where we could do it

captain obvious has entered the building! :lmao:

Tarzanman
09-10-2006, 04:21 PM
even ignoring the cost of the land (and the taxes you'll have to pay on it). Do you what it costs to pave a parking lot?

Goldvolvo240
09-10-2006, 05:02 PM
sounds good, i'm willing to try but be careful, people are going to criticize you (like he said). if it doesn't work, why dont you set up a meet every three thursday something? good luck...i'm n... i'll bring at least 20 cars or more

Nittanys1
09-10-2006, 06:56 PM
yeah from the input that everyone has given it looks as if it will be hard to pull off...

Also the parking deck is SO big....it will be hard to put everyone together without having a few trial runs or a few mini meets within the area. (that be funny)

I went there last night and had a hell of a time trying to find a spot...but then again there was another deck below me that i didnt go to...

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2006, 07:37 PM
the place is a giant maze but always has plenty of parking tucked away in the lower levels. it's a great place for mini meets, just not the ideal place for a 200+ car event.

HvyArms
09-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Im a little distracted, so forgive me for asking stupid questions...but are we talking about the Parkinf deck under Atlantic Station? One valid concern I think, is that the sound of all our cars motors and people's sound systems respectively would be an issue. I like the open area of the Varsity, the street is right there. You can go up on the top deck and park, or just hang out. Imagine idiots doing burnouts if we met at Atlantic Station? There's just something about all those cars, in a parking deck, that just makes me feel uncomfortable. Just doesnt seem that it'd be as fun. my :2cents:

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2006, 08:52 PM
^^^yeah man u came a bit late, most of what u'd brought up was discussed and all of them are valid issues/problems w/having it at atl station vs a place such as the V

VTECin5th
09-10-2006, 08:58 PM
WTF