PDA

View Full Version : The Fair Tax

thecrazyone
09-05-2006, 02:51 PM
i was just wondering what everyones thoughts and opionions were on the fair tax. Clark howard was recently in gwinnett having a fair tax rally. i hope everyone supports it cause as of right now the IRS does nothing but make the people in the congress and senate rich. also incase u didnt know. there is over 60,000 pages in tax lwas and guidelines which in fact is about 57,000 pages of un needed clauses.

ironchef
09-05-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm all for the fairtax. I spent the entire semester last year writing papers on fairtax for my english class. It of course has some downsides, but nothing major really, imo. FairTax FTW!

Hulud
09-05-2006, 04:02 PM
post a link to a fair tax website, cause i searched and found a bunch of different kinds of fair tax programs

Sirk
09-05-2006, 05:17 PM
www.fairtax.org

{X}Echo419
09-06-2006, 03:08 PM
fair tax FTW! VOTE BICHES!

Dominic49
09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
FT FTW!!!

Danny
09-07-2006, 09:12 AM
IM all for it. Cant type much right now, im trying to get some work done. But right now, our taxing system promotes mediocrity, and would so even more if more democratic tax plans were put into place. I like the fair tax because a couple reasons: 1. It taxes all classes in the fairest way I know of. 2. It taxes drug dealers, "under the table employers", illegal immigrants, people that work mostly on cash tips, and any other form of SIMILAR tax evasion that is presently going on in the US.

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2006, 11:17 AM
IM all for it. Cant type much right now, im trying to get some work done. But right now, our taxing system promotes mediocrity, and would so even more if more democratic tax plans were put into place. I like the fair tax because a couple reasons: 1. It taxes all classes in the fairest way I know of. 2. It taxes drug dealers, "under the table employers", illegal immigrants, people that work mostly on cash tips, and any other form of SIMILAR tax evasion that is presently going on in the US.

That is the best reason of all right there. +1 million if I could. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2006, 11:19 AM
www.fairtax.org

Just FYI, this proposal came about from a GA Senator.

There is also quite a bit of info on boortz.com because he was a co-author of the book with the Senator.

Danny
09-07-2006, 12:35 PM
That is the best reason of all right there. +1 million if I could. :goodjob:

u didnt even +1 me, much less +1million. lol :(

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2006, 04:53 PM
u didnt even +1 me, much less +1million. lol :(

I most certainly did missy...... :taun: :D

Hulud
09-07-2006, 06:19 PM
jaime what are you doin in the politics section?

how many times do i have to tell you only post in the religion section.......... lol

but hey, make a good thread in there that can be discussed cause its been boring lately

5thgcelica
09-07-2006, 07:02 PM
yeaaah ft ftw forizzle!

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2006, 09:25 PM
jaime what are you doin in the politics section?

how many times do i have to tell you only post in the religion section.......... lol

but hey, make a good thread in there that can be discussed cause its been boring lately

Awww, yall miss me don't ya???? :taun:

I'll start something in there soon. :goodjob:

My political views are pretty "right" sided, as in the religion section. I just like the fair tax because it makes people pay that are NOT paying now, so I don't see how revenue could ever go down. It's a pretty simple proposition really.....twice as many people paying equals more revenue. It also means that you are in control of your finances by not spending as much, i.e. paying the new "fair tax", and leaves you with more income to invest.