PDA

View Full Version : Mid West ppl?

nightracer
09-05-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm from the mid west but I honestly think the attitude of ppl up there as a whole is fucking asshole. From church to the car meets people are act like total jackasses. They have the audacity to be shocked when you hold your ground and return their asshole behavior to them or comment on it. I feel a big relief from dealing with those god damn idiots everyday now that I've moved to the south. Has anybody else gotten that vibe from mid westerners?

civic95
09-05-2006, 12:55 PM
No, but I feel the same about Northeastern people (NY, NJ). They must be the most miserable assholes alive. If NY is so fucking great why are they all in a bad fucking mood all the time?

B16a2 Civic
09-05-2006, 12:56 PM
whatever

nightracer
09-05-2006, 12:59 PM
No, but I feel the same about Northeastern people (NY, NJ). They must be the most miserable assholes alive. If NY is so fucking great why are they all in a bad fucking mood all the time?
When I worked for sprint all the ppl would call in from the east coast with their weird accents all pissed off about billing, dropped calls, etc. I'd just argue them into a corner then tell them they owed me money. I loved owning their asses. :lmfao:

NoPainT
09-05-2006, 01:00 PM
uh where you from???

nightracer
09-05-2006, 01:35 PM
oh

TeeJay
09-05-2006, 01:37 PM
lol what also gets me is how northerners always move down here and blah blah about how they love back home so much and how the south sucks...if u dont like it GTFO. good to see somebody from the north actually say something good about the south

toonz
09-05-2006, 01:39 PM
LOL New York is the Shit it's just that New York people are on a faster pace than most other coasts not just New York but the North as in general. No disrespect to any coast it's not that you all are slow, it's just that you people are more laid back and relaxed. The average Northern persons mentality is in the mode of Survival of the Fittest that's why the one's you saw were probably looking mean. LOL

Jimmy B
09-05-2006, 01:47 PM
because us southerners were brought up right... end of disscusion

TeeJay
09-05-2006, 01:49 PM
LOL New York is the Shit it's just that New York people are on a faster pace than most other coasts not just New York but the North as in general. . LOL
:lmfao: :lmfao: if new york is on a faster pace then tell me why ppl from ny/nj drive so goddamn slow, hit 85 sometime and tell me if southerners are slower paced, i swear nearly every car i see with a tag from ny/nj is nearly gettin ran off the road down here :lmfao: :lmfao:

toonz
09-05-2006, 01:52 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ LOL

toonz
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: if new york is on a faster pace then tell me why ppl from ny/nj drive so goddamn slow, hit 85 sometime and tell me if southerners are slower paced, i swear nearly every car i see with a tag from ny/nj is nearly gettin ran off the road down here :lmfao: :lmfao:
My excuse is they don't know there way around:lmfao:

JennB
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
I lived in Indianapolis for about 2 years, I never met anyone who was anywhere near as friendly as what I was used to in the south.

And yes, assholes, I know I have an accent. I hated that damn place.

NoPainT
09-05-2006, 02:22 PM
eh... you never said were your from?

Ran
09-05-2006, 02:27 PM
People in Atlanta are nice. Especially at the gas station. Offering to wash my windshield, pump my gas for me, give me directions. But then they always ask for money or something afterwards. I guess even bums have their ups and downs about them.

TeeJay
09-05-2006, 02:28 PM
HAH!!! thanks for the quote ran lool

mrredrocker
09-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I guess even bums have their ups and downs about them.

Like the "Hey, give me 10 dollars" type? $10, wtf? You're pushing it with 25 cents, man.

toonz
09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^LOL

nightracer
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
eh... you never said were your from?
I said oh... As in Ohio. Its not some place one could honestly be proud of lol!

HiPSI
09-05-2006, 03:42 PM
when we were in St Louis doing the nopi drift demo everyone seemed really cool and nice.

brads94accord
09-05-2006, 04:07 PM
I beg to differ w/ that because i talk on the phone everyday at my job w/ people from all over the country and have been doing it for the last 4 years. I find that midwesterners are very nice people in general although there are assholes all over the US, they are pretty nice people. My parents lived in illinois outside of chicago for about 1.5 years and when i went to visit the people were nice people.

however northeasterners are some of the rudest people i have ever talked to in general. they are always inconsiderate and very condescending the way they speak to you. My g/f has been in NY tri state area the last few days and i asked her how the people were and she was like they are so rude and short w/ you.

And florida i believe is populated more w/ jeriatric northeastern assholes than it is w/ natives.

TeeJay
09-05-2006, 04:11 PM
And florida i believe is populated more w/ jeriatric northeastern assholes than it is w/ natives.
its getting that way around most of the south now :(

ahmonrah
09-05-2006, 04:26 PM
i'm from the OLE' ILL. born and raised til 15 and i can say as much as i MISS living up north, i'm in no rush to go back, unless them perpendicular figures are on the menu. 'cause my hometown was fucked up. if i did go back i'd be in chi-town.

TeeJay
09-05-2006, 04:27 PM
i'm from the OLE' ILL. born and raised til 15 and i can say as much as i MISS living up north, i'm in no rush to go back, unless them perpendicular figures are on the menu. 'cause my hometown was fucked up. if i did go back i'd be in chi-town.
guessing ur from rockford??

ahmonrah
09-05-2006, 04:45 PM
champaign-urbana

nightracer
09-06-2006, 03:00 AM
I beg to differ w/ that because i talk on the phone everyday at my job w/ people from all over the country and have been doing it for the last 4 years. I find that midwesterners are very nice people in general although there are assholes all over the US, they are pretty nice people. My parents lived in illinois outside of chicago for about 1.5 years and when i went to visit the people were nice people.

however northeasterners are some of the rudest people i have ever talked to in general. they are always inconsiderate and very condescending the way they speak to you. My g/f has been in NY tri state area the last few days and i asked her how the people were and she was like they are so rude and short w/ you.

You talk to people on the phone. That isn't the same as being up there.

brads94accord
09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
You talk to people on the phone. That isn't the same as being up there.

Come do customer service and you will learn about people pretty quick by observation. I'm pretty sure i get a pretty damn clear idea of how people act. I talk on the phone 8 hours a day w/ people all over the country and have been doing it for the last 4 years. Like i also said my parents lived in IL and the people of there are very nice people in general, of course not as nice as down here but midwesterners are known to be nice people. however north easterners are the worst.

JennB
09-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Being face to face with people is quite different. I was a little confused when I moved to Indiana and about 2 days later I went for a bike ride.... I was an avid mountain biker for years and got used to getting a little nod or raise of the hand from other bikers and usually a bit of conversation on stops. My first ride in Indiana, no one said a word to me or said hi. Riding in my neighborhood in SC, I usually got a verbal "hello" from just about everyone. It's little things like that.

The people in general are nice but it's different when you live there. It's so cold for such a large part of the year and people are so bundled up and in a hurry not to freeze to death that they don't interact a lot. This carries over to all parts of the year though, you are much, much less likely to have a conversation with a stranger up there, they just don't do that like we do.

I worked in a large public accounting firm when I lived i n Indy and it started as an office joke and became a reality that my boss actually ok-ed with me that I was given all of the most difficult clients that others couldn't handle because everyone liked my accent and how I handled people so much more than the other staff. I had 3 clients the entire time that I was there that were sad to see me go that had fired every single other staff member that was assigned to them... I kept them all for a full 2 years. The bitchiest vile bitch of a client said to my boss about me "She just has such a pleasant way of speaking". I laughed and said "she's still a bitch" and my boss about rolled out of his chair.

Anyways, they aren't awful, but they just aren't like us. I love the south for the most part and I've been to every corner of this country many times over.

Most of my hatred for Indiana was becuase it was so damn cold and boring... not to mention the fact that everyone there is fat.

HiPSI
09-06-2006, 09:30 AM
you want to know who's rude as hell? every motherfucker in Duluth. i think this city breeds assholes, but i guess working here tends to skew my perception of it. everyone that comes into this store has an attitude from the get go, and no matter how nice you are they hold onto it like a life raft in the middle of the ocean. i've worked retail in several other local areas around northeast GA and never had people act like they do down here.