PDA

View Full Version : Misc Installing a dvd burner?

jdmlude
05-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I bought an OEM pioneer dvr-109 dvd burner from newegg.com and need assistance on installing the burner. I installed the hardware drive as master but the drive didn't come with any software for the install or any software programs that allow me to burn dvds. What do I need to do to install the hardware and burn dvds?

Spyder
05-23-2005, 04:19 PM
as far as installing the hardware , just plug it in on the proper IDE cable and set it to the correct position (slv,mst,cbl) from there just make sure that your BIOS is set to auto detect or jump into it and tell it what drive it is for faster boots and reboots. next is installing some software, im no DVD pro so i wont even bother going into what software lets you do certain things... because i dont know. once the software is installed it will find the DVD burner on it's own. worst case it will have to run some configuration or test program which should be self contained.

good luck.

C22H19N3O4
05-24-2005, 12:20 AM
I bought an OEM pioneer dvr-109 dvd burner from newegg.com and need assistance on installing the burner. I installed the hardware drive as master but the drive didn't come with any software for the install or any software programs that allow me to burn dvds. What do I need to do to install the hardware and burn dvds?

If it's new it should come with drivers. Windows won't have the drivers at their site so go to the makers website and download the drivers. Futhermore, you won't get anywhere if you don't have the software to burn the DVDs..ie.. grabber, ripper, dvd-decoder.

6IMAFREAK9
05-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Nero 6!!!

jdmlude
05-26-2005, 02:28 PM
does anyone have a link to free software or disc software i can borrow????I used some free software off of download.com and all 4 programs spite out coasters. I'll buy lunch if I can borrow someone's nero 6 or something close to it.

Spyder
05-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Nero 6 is free on bearshare and limewire ;)

seriously if you get it there and like it, it's well worth buying :)

4dmin
05-26-2005, 03:31 PM
does anyone have a link to free software or disc software i can borrow????I used some free software off of download.com and all 4 programs spite out coasters. I'll buy lunch if I can borrow someone's nero 6 or something close to it. dude pm me and i'll zip it up and host it for you to DL.... i gots it

chrisdavis
05-26-2005, 06:06 PM
does anyone have a link to free software or disc software i can borrow????I used some free software off of download.com and all 4 programs spite out coasters. I'll buy lunch if I can borrow someone's nero 6 or something close to it.

Google

DVD 43 (removes css protection)
DVD Decrypter(rips to hardrive and removes bad sectors. Also contains a burning program)
DVD Shrink (compresses dvds to fit on a single dvd)

These are all freeware and have support forums for troubleshooting issues