PDA

View Full Version : Southern Fried Slide May 14th@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

quazar
03-09-2005, 10:00 AM
http://www.bmwdrift.com/images/conesig.jpg
Okay.. its a new year! 2005.... Slide or Die 2005! We had a great time at SFS last year. Everyone got a TON of runs in and learned alot.
Well... the whole off season everyone had been asking me, "When's the next event?" I posted our event schedule last month so now here's
first event of the season.

DGTrials is proud to present the return to Turner Field with Southern Fried Slide 2 - 'Extra Fixins'
http://www.suicidemag.com/quazar/misc/dgt/chickenplate.jpg
SOUTHERN FRIED SLIDE - Extra Fixin's @ Turner Field’s Blue Lot.
“cause you didn't get enough your first time 'round!”

Date: Saturday, May 14th, 2005
Place: Turner Field – Blue Lot; Atlanta, Ga.
Time: Gates Open 7:00AM - ???

REGISTRATION AND TECH: 7:00AM-8:30AM
DRIVERS MEETING: 8:45AM
DRIFTING: FIRST CAR ROLLS AS SOON AS MEETING IS OVER

Spectators: $5 (insurance fees)

Professional Formula-D drivers, Erik Jocobs and Tony Schulz, will also be available for driver instructing once again. Make sure you ask for them while on grid!

It was quite difficult for us to negotiate and get Turner Field’s Blue Lot. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, rolling burnouts on the track, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund.
Due to a series of troubles at the last event. I have hired the APD Red Dog Unit to help enforce the rules. Do not mess around in the parking lot, outside, on the street, or across the street. I am dead serious about it. I will personally take pictures of you in the back of a squad car and post your face on the forums.

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will be easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire thing. I know some of you have had a taste of our track already and some have been able to do the whole track. :)
We will be having a competition at the end of the year. Prizes and money will be given away to the three top drivers at the event.

NOTES:
1. There will be a 40 DRIVER MAX. To make sure that everyone gets PLENTY of seat time. ONCE WE’VE REACHED THE 40 DRIVER LIMIT THAT'S IT. DON'T COME TO THE GATE IF YOU'RE NOT REGGED.

2. ALL DRIVERS NEED TO ARRIVE BETWEEN 6:45-8:00AM. If you are paid and do not arrive by 8:15AM, your registration will not be accepted. This will be 100% enforced.

3. We will be being very strict on being timely..that means...I say tech ends at 8:30, it ends at 8:30. If youre not there and ready to go by then...Not my problem, other people were responsible enough to get there on time and don'tt have the patience to wait for the rest of you.

4. General tech inspection guidelines --
a. Battery tie down -- you must have a strong battery tie down (preferably metal). Bungee cords are no good. Do not even bother getting in the tech line if your battery is not secured well. Battery boxes must be similarly secured.
b. Seat belts -- you must have a functional 3 (or more) point seat belt that is securely fastened.
c. Seat bolts -- make sure all your seat bolts are tight and present. You will not be able to drive with less than 4 bolts holding your seat to the chassis.
d. Lug Nuts / Studs -- you must have all lug nuts and studs per wheel. 3/4 or 4/5 lugs/studs fails tech. No exceptions.
e. Wheel bearings -- must not exhibit excessive play.
***These rules sound familiar? Thats cause the other guys now use it too*** hahah.

These are the basic tech requirements. Specific requirements are available at http://www.DGTrials.com/forms.php It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle passes tech, not ours. We will provide some assistance (read: very, very minimal), but the burden lies on your, the entrant.

Hotel Information
Hotel: Comfort Inn Downtown South 795 Pollard Boulevard Atlanta, GA 30315 Phone: (404) 658-1610 Fax: (404) 221-1812
http://www2.choicehotels.com/hotelphotos/GA381A.JPG
This is one of the closest hotels there. You can walk to the event from the hotel. Check with them for rates.
Volunteers
I am currently trying to figure out a Volunteer Special for you guys. Its probably going to entail participation in a future event at a discounted rate with a certain number of volunteer days worked. We will be providing our Volunteers with lunch. For those that are interested in volunteering.. please email me at [email protected].

STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS AND SPONSOR INFORMATION.

Please direct any questions you have regarding the track, sponsorship, or the event in general to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank You,
Eugene - DGtrials SEC
www.dgtrials.com
http://dgtrials.com/images/100hi_logo.jpg

quazar
03-30-2005, 09:26 AM
updated the package price paypal link. k thx!

green91
03-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Sounds good, bump for a good event!

I'm going to try to be there and spectate once again this year.

HiPSI
03-30-2005, 10:58 PM
should be there, but i dunno... might be hard to get two weekends off in a row ;)

SLOWR/T
04-09-2005, 01:58 AM
is it full yet??

CodyW
04-09-2005, 01:02 PM
last i checked, there were still plenty of spots left. make sure everyone gets signed up before the 14th to get a good deal!

flysi00
04-10-2005, 07:58 PM
yo codyw do u think u could hit me up on AIM flysi00

CodyW
04-10-2005, 11:29 PM
hey man, just send me a PM or email if you don't mind ([email protected]). i haven't been on AIM in probably 2 years, and don't really like going on there anymore (too many annoying people i'd rather not talk to). i'd be glad to help out with whatever you've got though so try one of those methods and i'll get back to you.

flysi00
04-11-2005, 04:21 PM
aight thanks man

quazar
04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
hey guys.. its not full yet. i'm gonna extend pre-reg.

s14unimog
04-13-2005, 10:38 PM
I sent you an email.. I'm gunna try and make it

quazar
04-16-2005, 02:15 AM
pre-reg is extended till the 25th of April.

bigpanda16
04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
dang, i am so pumped
the next three weekends are goin to be so wild
Apr. 30th-ocala
May 6/7th drift ATL!
may 14th, sfs
i just blew my head gasket on the old 4age and i am rushin to get it done b4 ocala
i need to edit my sig

SIL80det
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Yah I'm excited too. Usually when good events come around my car is broken so this will be a nice change of pace. *knock on wood* Plus it'll be nice to finally get some seat time and probably meet some cool people. Everyone should come out whether driving or not!!
-Matt

SLOWR/T
04-20-2005, 02:46 PM
ill be there!! if i can get a trans in my car and get reg. its going to be close

CodyW
04-21-2005, 05:47 PM
everybody needs to hurry up and register! this event is gonna be awesome but we need to make sure we've got plenty of drivers for it!

quazar
04-22-2005, 01:42 AM
registration is kinda low. i'm guessing its mainly because of FD coming up? or other factors. right now i'm trying to decide which way to go with the event... there are three options..

1. Run the event if we get enough drivers.
2. Make it into a private clinic (slightly higher costs, insane track time, personal instructors)
3. :(

anyways. i'm guessing that there are other factors at play here hence the low registration numbers. i'm kinda disappointed that enthusiasm is low for this event. turner is pretty expensive, maybe we shouldn't have any events anymore?

please PM me if anyone has any concerns or comments.

Youst420
04-24-2005, 06:04 PM
im def. gunna be there! just gotta get the money to u! how many people do u have to have inorder to run this event? how many do u have so far?

quazar
04-25-2005, 09:31 PM
im def. gunna be there! just gotta get the money to u! how many people do u have to have inorder to run this event? how many do u have so far?

hey.. we have 14 so far. hehe.

DrivenMind
04-26-2005, 12:49 AM
I'll register when I get back from Ocala... oh and it looks like I'll be rolling down there with you guys this weekend (I'm with Kapil and Fulllock) and I bought that flat black Ae86 coupe (complete POS) from Sae...

look foward to meeting you Friday.
-Robbie

grip_racer
04-29-2005, 11:56 AM
hey bro

this is the dumbass kid with the screwed up champagne coupe.

if i can get my car fixed in time, i'm definately registering.