PDA

View Full Version : emission testing

COGCaviZ24
09-01-2006, 05:54 PM
i need a good emissions place. i live in hall co.(emissions is not required). i got a ticket last month for "improper exhaust" and there is nothing improper about my exaust. i want to do an emission test so i can have it in court (i'm going to put it on my lift and take a picure of the exhaust system) i don't want to take my car to some rinky dink whole in a wall place. reasonible price would be great.

Hulud
09-01-2006, 06:00 PM
so what constitutes "improper exhaust"?

by the law i mean

5thgcelica
09-01-2006, 06:10 PM
im sure the 'improper exhaust' ticket has nothing to do with emmisions testing..a cop cant give you a ticket because he things you're not passing emmisions.... im sure they gave y0ou the ticket because your exhaust was too loud.

that is unless you are running straight pipes when you arent allowed to.

COGCaviZ24
09-01-2006, 06:13 PM
that's what he was trying to get me for but according the law for improper exhaust, there no mention of exhaust sound (that falls under disturbing the peace). and under the comments of the ticket he wrote "dual hollow tips no internal emissions"

COGCaviZ24
09-01-2006, 06:26 PM
40-8-71.
(a) Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with an exhaust system, in good working order and in constant operation, meeting the following specifications:
(1) The exhaust system shall include the piping leading from the flange of the exhaust manifold to and including the muffler or mufflers and tail pipes;
(2) The use of flexible pipe shall be prohibited except on diesel tractors or according to manufacturers´ original specifications;
(3) The exhaust emission point shall extend beyond the rear or outside of the passenger compartment. The trunk shall be considered as part of the passenger compartment;
(4) The exhaust system and its elements shall be securely fastened, including the consideration of missing or broken hangers; and
(5) There shall be no part of the exhaust system passing through the passenger compartment or any exposed stack so located that any individual entering or leaving the vehicle may be burned.
(b) The engine and power mechanism of every motor vehicle shall be so equipped and adjusted as to prevent the escape of excessive fumes or smoke.
(c) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or offer for sale any muffler which causes excessive or unusual noise or annoying smoke or any muffler cutout, bypass, or similar device for use on a motor vehicle or for any person to use, to sell, or to offer for sale any motor vehicle equipped with any such muffler, muffler cutout, bypass, or similar device. Any person violating this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

anyway....back on subject... good emission places

COGCaviZ24
09-01-2006, 07:20 PM
preferably in or close to hall

5thgcelica
09-01-2006, 08:58 PM
if you have everything you are supposed to... any place will do..none are different than others...

Hulud
09-01-2006, 10:29 PM
they wont have any in hall since there are no emissions forced

The Ren
09-02-2006, 12:29 AM
i can give you the perfect place.. he is the one who made sure i passed for my car.. its right down the road from Mall of Ga.. a little place called "Car Repair"... pm me for more info..

COGCaviZ24
09-02-2006, 07:17 AM
they wont have any in hall since there are no emissions forced

REALY???? :rolleyes:

COGCaviZ24
09-02-2006, 07:25 AM
pm'ed

COGCaviZ24
09-02-2006, 08:54 AM
if you have everything you are supposed to... any place will do..none are different than others...

i got everything, cat., resinator/muffler, and tips. only the tips are visible from the back of the car(muffler is under the middle of the car). the previous owner of the car had the system installed, so i don't know if the cat is real or not(test cat, hollowed out, etc).

btw, my exhaust isn't loud. louder than stock, but not ricer loud. it's got a nice low, sporty sound to it. i don't see how the cop even heard it. i passed him doing 55mph at 1500rpm with the cruise set. he had his windows up

COGCaviZ24
09-02-2006, 02:53 PM
anyone else?