PDA

View Full Version : why doesmy car run sluggish now?

CB7tuner
09-01-2006, 03:22 PM
alright for the past week my car has been seeming a little sluggish but today when i tried to get on it the rpms climb VERY VERY VERY slowly and it takes forever to pick up speed no matter how fast im going or what rpm im already at and the intake is like 4 times as loud as it was. somebody recmended to change my fuel filter(replaced) and check my injectors(clean and fine) so i did and now its still the same. any ideas what is going on . oh yeah and now suddenyl when im taking off it sounds like i have a bunch of marbles rattling really loud around right by my catalytic converter.

B16a2 Civic
09-01-2006, 03:25 PM
exhaust leak, cat may ne clogged which is caused back pressure, this could cause your timing to jump
what type of exhaust set up do you have?

CB7tuner
09-01-2006, 03:32 PM
HP design headers, catco high flow cat, 2.5 custom bent exhasut and a NRG Innovations muffler. i think the cat is blown out cause its loud as crap now (right around the flex pipe) and something rattles like crazy around the cat housing. but could that just happen that suddenly in one day.... cloggin up or whatever?

B16a2 Civic
09-01-2006, 03:36 PM
HP design headers, catco high flow cat, 2.5 custom bent exhasut and a NRG Innovations muffler. i think the cat is blown out cause its loud as crap now (right around the flex pipe) and something rattles like crazy around the cat housing. but could that just happen that suddenly in one day.... cloggin up or whatever?

if you been runnin rich for a while and dumpin oil, it will start clogging it up.
i also been told that it can depend of fuel your puttin in ya car, like if you require octane, and puttin in normal, it could cause it, i dont know.
but yeah, i'd get ya cat checked before it causes more problems

CB7tuner
09-01-2006, 03:41 PM
i ordered a magnaflow high flow cat and just now off ebay so hopefully that will help. but i just use regular unleaded gas it basically a stock engine (f22a1) 1993 honda accord. but untill then could i jack my car up and and beat the cat with a hammer and knock all the honeycomb stuff apart and just run a straight pipe for now?

B16a2 Civic
09-01-2006, 03:42 PM
i ordered a magnaflow high flow cat and just now off ebay so hopefully that will help. but i just use regular unleaded gas it basically a stock engine (f22a1) 1993 honda accord. but untill then could i jack my car up and and beat the cat with a hammer and knock all the honeycomb stuff apart and just run a straight pipe for now?

that should work, i just put a hole in mine, helped alot

Sammich
09-01-2006, 03:44 PM
^^yea im w/ everything thats been said, sounds like a future problem fixed

DrunkScotsman
09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
only prob you might have after that is emissions!

Sammich
09-01-2006, 03:50 PM
that'll be solved after he gets his high flow cat

DrunkScotsman
09-01-2006, 03:54 PM
tru tru , i just bought a aftermarket cat and mineke said they wouldnt install it , cause it wasnt a stock cat!

Vteckidd
09-01-2006, 04:02 PM
sounds like a clogged cat

CB7tuner
09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
ok i busted it (the cat) all up inside cause i can hear it all rattling now but none of the stuff will come out??? and it still feels exactly the same. could it still be the cat even though its all busted up now and how can i get that shit out of the cat now LOL? and thanks for your help so far guys

SLow_POke
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
ok i busted it (the cat) all up inside cause i can hear it all rattling now but none of the stuff will come out??? and it still feels exactly the same. could it still be the cat even though its all busted up now and how can i get that shit out of the cat now LOL? and thanks for your help so far guys

do u have a STRIAGHT THRU MUFFLER. if not ur getting ti stuck on there.

CB7tuner
09-01-2006, 05:00 PM
yeah its a straight through muffler but its just sitting in there (the cat housing) rattling no matter how much i revit. oh yeah and somebody said to me that my car might be in "Limp Mode" maybe becuase my O2 sensor migh be out. ???

SLow_POke
09-01-2006, 06:22 PM
if it was in limp mode u wouldnt be able to rev pass a certain RPM.

the only thing i can add is maybe take off the cat and gut it that way, the honey comb design might be broken but in big pieces thats why i wont blow out,?

-Ernie