09-01-2006, 01:19 PM
need block & Tranny codes

pass emissions??

k20
09-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I'LL GET THEM AS SOON AS I GET HOME...

8bangin302
09-01-2006, 02:31 PM
take the motor and tranny out and sell me the shell..

k20
09-07-2006, 11:46 PM
bump

3kgtdrvr
09-08-2006, 07:08 PM
...and me the tail lights :goodjob:

2.0civic
09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
hey bro, give adam a call tonight. Hes going to get this tomorrow if we can get together on a time

k20
09-11-2006, 09:19 PM
ok.......

hey bro, give adam a call tonight. Hes going to get this tomorrow if we can get together on a time

2.0civic
09-18-2006, 08:57 AM
give me a call when you get up...lol, lets try to get set up today

2.0civic
09-20-2006, 05:52 PM
bump

2.0civic
09-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Car is no longer for sale, sorry guys. To all interested partys in this car, look elsewhere.

First thing is first. Owner of the car claims the Peter at ISP(import source performance in Winder) did the swap and that the swap has 90k on it. Ironically, his thread made in august for a dc shell (the big blue link below),
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=75232, the body had 130k on it. I did a little wandering as to the block VINS of the car now (the EX) and its the motor with 130k on it, not 90k as stated. There is either a: swapped cluster/dash of the odometer has been rolled back

heres the info in the thread

$500
year: 96 RS
vin# jh4dc434ts000359
color: black
miles: 130,000
interior: tan extra clean..
title: salvage
my # 706 870 0342
stock integra hit in the front everthing else is in perfect condition...
wreck about 6 months ago and dont wanna fix it any more..
(shell only)
parting out...

jh4dc434ts000359 is the block number that is in the EX now which is why he probably beat around the bush so much when questioned about some things

2nd thing. Whild doing a carfax earlier my buddy who purchased the car 3 days ago found out the chassis had 120k+ on it, not ~90k as stated in the thread.

Last week when we went to test drive the car, everything ran great and the only problem (so it seemed at the time) was a clutch slipping. The DAY that my buddy gets the loan for the car, i get a PM saying something to the effect of the cat being clogged and how its weak now. So before we got a car needing a whole exhaust system and a clutch, we went to test drive the car again and this time, Theres no power steering hardly in it (leaking pump). as im getting out of the passenger seat, i notice the door hinge is weird (loose looking and popping) so i Blatently ask "hey man, has the car been hit over here?" at which point Ben said "no its never been wrecked." The next day (tuesday 9/19) my buddy adam took the car to a friends shop who said the swap was shitty just by looking at it and said the harness was a shitty job. Well, when teng pulled the dipstick out, there wasnt even enough oil to show on the dipstick. While inspecting it more, found that the metal peice on the PS pump had attempted to be welded and that the radiator has been cracked.

Earlier tonight (wednesday 9/19), we agreed to give him the car back and him give us the check back. We meet him up there and on the way up there i was talking to a buddy that has done a transaction with Ben and said that ben told him that he has a dealers license. So while we are up there, Adam asked him who REALLY did the swap at which point he keeps saying Peter at ISP when there is NO WAY That shop did this bad of a swap and it only lasted a month without all these things fucking up. So Adam THEN asked bout why the radiator was fucked up at which point ben said that it wasnt the original and so i asked if it came out of his teg and he said yes. So he BLATENTLY lied about the mileage on the swap and the radiator is cracked from the wreck. The car is missing the resevoir too (he claims that peter has it for dyno testing his car)

Anyway, I wasted the last week fucking around on this car trying to figure out why the guy wanted $8k then took the $6500 offer and then is looking to get rid of a car thats had a swap in it for a month. The last two days i found out why. ITs because he is a dealer and the car is a peice of shit. The car needs : a clutch, a full exhuast, passenger door fixed, new radiator, and god knows what else. Consider this a buyer beware.

Ben if you got some shit to say, you have BOTH mine and adams numbers or you can pm me on here. Adam is registered here too but hes not online right now so im posting. You KNEW you had ripped him off or else that check would have already been in your bank. If ISP did do the swap, scan documentation. Im going to winder tomorrow to ask him IN PERSON so if i waste even more gas, im going to lock all your threads on here i can get to and delete every post. You also seem to have forgotten that adams bank does have a copy of your drivers license and if you ARE a dealer, im going to report this to the highest authority i can to get your license revoked.

Sorry for the long ass post everyone. Adam may be on shortly to add some things i may have forgotten

Later

Steveo

silversol
09-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Thats fXXd up I know peter very well and have see a lot of his work and he does not do shitty work dont drag some one elses name in the mud! This is the same guy who offered me 3k for my turboed delsol!!! lowballer

2.0civic
09-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Gokblok was the buyer of the car so im going to let him add anything before i lock this and give k20 a chance to defend himself.

2.0civic
09-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Dude had it just been a clutch, we would have been cool but you fucking lied the entire way through everything. I checked the vin tonight after i noticed that your shell had no motor and got curious...how did the shell have 130k on it and the one in the car has ~90k?? who replaces a teg motor at 40k?? nobody.

If pete did not do the swap, you need to go ahead and let me know now cause he might be more pissed off than me over the fact you brought him up in it. Ive been trying to get ahold of him for the last few days and heres the mechs number who checked out the car if you want to call and check 678-425-0584.

MODS/SUPERMODS: PRIME example of why we need engine codes...i would have spotted the mileage discrephancy a long time ago

2.0civic
09-21-2006, 12:06 AM
PM i just got

dude i mess with the swap some what so dont bring pete in to this.... he did his part i just f*** it up...after i guess...

WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU JUST TELL US THAT THE FIRST TIME WE ASKED?!?!?! I HAVE ASKED YOU THAT ATLEAST 4 TIMES AND YOU KEPT SAYING IT WAS HIS SWAP. What about the mileage?? is that the DC motor with 130 on it?? is that why you didnt post vins?? Theres is SOOO much shit i wanted to bitch you out for tonight. What about the dealers license?? im not bringing any other members into this i just want yes or no's and answer any questions you need to fully.

My biggest thing is did YOU KNOW it was fucked up???? and why were you so easy to give adam his money back?? legally, you didnt have to do shit.

Hektik
09-21-2006, 12:44 AM
suck bro im glad yall got the money back tho.

gokblok
09-21-2006, 01:45 AM
In addition to everything that Steven said, my take on things is one of overall dishonesty. This dude was shady from the beginning--title problems, inconsistincies in information concerning ownership and service to the vehicle, and just an altogether weird vibe that I got from the dude.

Things started off with me calling him about the car. He said it was still for sale, but asked me how solid I was about the car, as he had 4 other people looking at it. I told him that if he sold it before I could look at it, I understood his position as a seller, just as he understood my position as a buyer. I met him at Mall of Georgia to drive the car and look at it a little. Dude was a half-hour late on the first day. I drove it, and as soon as I got in it, it felt like MY car. Felt awesome. Exactly what I wanted. Probably why my judgement was a little clouded. Anyway--car drove like a dream other than the brakes, which ground like a fuckin peppermill. He told me he'd have them fixed by the time we met again, and I said cool. I ran CARFAX on it prior to us meeting, and it came back with 120k+ miles on the car, about 30K more than what his post claimed. But, I figured with the newer engine, what the hell. It also came back with an accident reporting minor damage. I asked him about it--he said yeah, right front fender. I had to go to work, so I only drove it for a few minutes, and looked over it briefly, but I really liked it. So, I told him that I wanted my buddy to come up and look at it, but based on blue book for the car (6000) and the engine swap (500), I thought 6500 was a fair price on the car. All good, right?

I was going through my bank for a loan on the car--a loan that had originally been approved for a 99 SI coupe. They said that for the loan, they needed the title, signed over to me in their presence, and the seller's driver's license, for signature verification. When I told him this, he said it was his girlfriend's car, and she was in Japan. Then he said it was in her dad's name, and they couldn't really get ahold of him. Whose car is he trying to fucking sell? RED LIGHTS, ALARMS--what the hell is wrong with me? I guess I really wanted this car. I said no dice without dad's license--he could even fax a copy. He said that the title was already signed by dad, since they were going to sell the car to Import Source for some reason. BUZZER NUMBER 2--somebody was going to buy it and didn't? Why? Instead of having a new title, they got an Affidavit of Correction, stating that the buyer on the title was wrong. We agreed to meet again so he could give me the title and have it transferred into my name, that way the bank wouldn't need dad's driver's license. No good--bank said if I had the title transferred, I wouldn't need a loan. Because I'd already own it. DUH. So, I gave him the title back, and he has it transferred into his name. Golden, right? Not quite.

Steven and I met him in at the Wal-Mart in Commerce (ALARM NUMBER 3--who the hell does business in a Wal-Mart parking lot?) and Steven drove the car. He immediately noticed that the clutch was fucked up, and asked if it was stock. Ben said, "I ain't even gonna lie to you, it needs a clutch." To me, that says knock $200 off the price, or fix it. But, I didn't think to much about it, since I wanted to put a stage II on it anyway. Steven asked him who did the swap, and he said Import Source. Steven says, "Pete did it?" Ben says, "Yeah, Pete." Steven says it's all good if Pete did the swap. Not worried about it. Now, it's dark, so it's hard to see under the hood--my fault; the only times I could meet with him were at night after I got off work. Well, we left and I told him that I would talk to him about getting the loan started. He got the title transferred to his name so that he would be the seller, and I'm all set to get things finished on a Thursday. He calls me, says that he's gotta leave town on personal business. I don't know now if he left town or not. Not a doubt in my mind before, but not so sure now . . . Anyway. We can't do anything until Monday.

We meet up Monday at the bank, and we sit down to get everything finalized. The bank will only finance 5600 on this car--I said the original loan was approved for an SI, not an EX. So, the most they'll give me on this car is 5600. Whatever, I've got the rest in the bank, so I told him I'd meet him that night with a money order for the remainder, because I wanted to have a receipt or record of funds. He said cool--he'd take the car. But he didn't have anybody to drive him back home to begin with--so, even if the bank had approved the whole amount, he still wouldn't have given me the car then--WTF. So, I had to go to work, couldn't do anything about it. We leave at about 4:15, and I go to work. At 7:30 or so, he calls me and leaves me a message: "The catalytic converter is clogged, and it's losing a lot of power. I can either put one on for you, or I can knock $50 off the price so you can get one." My first thought is, "where the fuck am I gonna get a cat for $50?" My second thought is, "what the hell did he do to it in 3 hours?" So, since he already had a check, I was taking that car home with me that night. Steven and I drove back up there (Wal-Mart), drove the car around, and Steven checked over a few more things. Again, it's dark, and hard to see. Ben said that he'd broken a motor mount, but replaced it, and that it was low on power steering fluid. Again, what the fuck had he been doing? As Steven gets out of the passenger side, the door hinge was acting screwed up. Steven asked if it had been hit on that side, and Ben said, "No, it ain't been hit." When originally, he told me it had!! (come to find out, he had a post up earlier looking for a right front EK fender--black if possible--the color of this car.) But that car was going home with me as long as he had a check, so I told Ben that with the clutch and cat needing to be replaced, the most I was willing to give him for the car was 6000. On parts alone, I needed 500 off the price. He said okay. I asked him if he had deposited the check, he said no. I told him to hang on to it, I would take the car that night. Pending having a mechanic check everything out, I would decide where to go from there. He agreed. I told him that if "ALL it needed was a cat and a clutch, the most he would get from me would be 6000. If it needed more than that--" and at this point he says, "We'll work something out." Fuckin yeah we will.

So I take it home, cat screaming the whole way. I find out that cruise control doesn't work, the power steering is stiff as shit, and it won't do better than 90 with my foot to the floor. Something is definitely wrong. I lined up with an automatic 4-cylinder Ranger (guy i know) and couldn't EVEN keep up. Not good.

Next day, I take it to a mechanic who has a lot of experience with engine swaps, and does very clean, very good work. He gets in, turns the car on and says, "You hear that?" I didn't know what the hell he was talking about, but he made a face, and put it in reverse. Cat starts screaming. He asked if it had a new water pump and timing belt, I said I didn't know. He said probably not. He drove it around a little bit, and we got back to the shop and popped the hood. Within seconds he says, "Shit!" I said, "What?" He says, "Radiator's cracked, been rigged with compound, power steering's leaking because of a shitty weld on the line, timing belt cover is missing, and the radiator resevoir is gone." Damn. He checked the dipstick and there wasn't even enough oil in the engine to read on the stick. Where did it go? ALSO: car won't pass emissions, because the check engine light is on. He's got a b16 harness and ECU in the car, with a b18 head. Throwing code because the head's not VTEC, so I've either gotta get a new harness/ecu and install it--lots of money, or find a VTEC head and have it installed--lots of MORE money. Just to be able to register the car!! At this point, I decided that this car wasn't worth it. If all of this is wrong at a glance, what the hell else is wrong that we can't see yet?

So, I call Ben, he says that he talked to his girlfriend (who lets their girl drive a fucked up car like this?) and she said that either i can bring the car back and take my check, or we can just leave it at 5600 bucks. He was real quick to drop the price 900 bucks from his original asking price--he knew what was up. I said I'll get my check.

We brought him back the car, I asked him one last time who did the swap, he said Pete. Nothing about him fucking with it. Just pete. He also said that the radiator that was in it wasn't the original radiator. Steven said, "from the integra?" Ben said, "Yeah, the integra." He knew it was fucked up. He was real quick to give me the check, take his key, and leave. He knew that we knew he tried to fuck me. If the cat hadn't fucked up, he might have got me, too. My only real question is why he held the check. The only thing I can think is that since he has a seller's license, if we could prove that he lied about how many miles were on the engine and chassis, then he would be liable for so much more than if he were just a private seller. That's all I can think of. The scoop on this car is that the inside is immaculate. Wonderfully taken care of interior. Good sound, nice radio, great inside. Outside, car could use some touch ups, but for the most part, also nice. Right front fender is a tad fucked up because of the accident. Engine bay has lots of issues--radiator, power steering, engine losing oil for some reason, no resevoir, timing belt cover missing, head doesn't match ECU or harness, and the car drinks gas worse than my Jeep used to. It needs at LEAST a new catalytic converter, if not a full exhaust system (EK stock is too small for the b18) and god knows what else. This car is probably only worth about 2000 with the milage on it, the repairs that need to be done, and the fact that it won't pass emissions without serious work. Anybody that's interested, know your shit, be able to fix all of it yourself, and don't give this guy a chance to fuck you. I don't know if he swapped out some shit between the times I saw the car or not, but what I picked up from him was not what I agreed to buy. Benjamin, you've been a very courteous seller--agreed to meet with me late at night, easy to get in touch with, and a nice guy. But you need to be up front with people. I might look like a bitch--and you tried to fuck me like a bitch. Thanks anyway, but I'm done with you.

dELfONiK
09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Damn, good thing you got your money back...

2.0civic
09-21-2006, 11:06 AM
pretty much

juust so everyone sees what we are talking about

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=75232

link to Bens $500 DC shell (notice it’s a shell). I skim for a vin, see it, run outside and compare it to whats in the civic and notice HOLY SHIT! It’s the same

$500
year: 96 RS
vin# jh4dc434ts000359

the pics also show the radiator missing (probably the fucked up one now in the civic).

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=73090

sounds like his professional shop swap, was in his yard…

preferredduck
09-21-2006, 05:33 PM
i hope the head i bought from him works, peter actually looked at that with me, it was in his shop

2.0civic
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
speaking of heads, i got my head gasket done finally on the 93...i might be going to tengs tomorrow to show it finally

2.0civic
09-21-2006, 09:52 PM
look what i found on autotrader.......

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=209400964&dealer_id=58460047&car_year=1999&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=both&num_records=25&make=HONDA&distance=75&model=CIVIC&address=30043&certified=&advanced=&max_price=6500&bkms=1158893297062&min_price=1&end_year=2000&start_year=1999&lang=en&cardist=39

hell, atleast the motor mileage is right....carfax disagrees with chassis mileage though....

2.0civic
09-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Run Another Vehicle History Report: Print Report

Report Generated for Kiss my Ass
For Personal Use Only

1999 HONDA CIVIC EX
1HGEJ8144XL086667
COUPE
1.6L L4 PFI 16V / FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options
CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report
CARFAX Vehicle History - At A Glance
• 4 billion vehicle history events checked from public and private sources
• Qualifies - CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
• 3 owners
• Last reported mileage - 110,687 miles

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

The number of owners is estimated by CARFAX
Year purchased 1999 2000 2002
Type of owner Personal --- ---
Estimated length of ownership 9 months 1 yr. 11 mo. 4 yrs. 5 mo.
Owned in the following states/provinces Georgia Georgia Georgia
Estimated miles driven per year --- --- ---
Last reported odometer reading 50,768 110,687

CARFAX guarantees the information in this section
Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem
Fire/Flood | Hail Damage | Buyback/Lemon
Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem
Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem Guaranteed
No Problem
GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.
Register | View Terms

Not all accidents or other issues are reported to CARFAX
Frame Damage Check

No frame damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported No Issues Reported No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment Check

No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
No Issues Reported
No Issues Reported
Odometer Rollback Check

No indication of an odometer rollback.
No Issues Indicated
No Issues Indicated
No Issues Indicated
Accident Check

Inspected at a collision repair facility on 01/26/2004. Accident reported on 07/05/2005.
No Issues Reported
No Issues Reported Accident Indicator
Manufacturer Recall Check

Check with an authorized Honda dealer for any open recalls.
No Recalls Reported
No Recalls Reported
No Recalls Reported

Basic Warranty Check

Original warranty estimated to have expired. View Info
Interested in an extended warranty?

Warranty Active Warranty Expired Warranty Expired

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Still looking? Find similar cars just listed for sale in your area.

Let us do the work! Get daily updates of HONDA CIVIC for sale in your area.

Email:

Zip:

1998 HONDA CIVIC EX
Body Style: Sedan 4 DR
Engine Type: 1.6L L4 PFI 16V
Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM, Power Brakes, Power sun / moon roof, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer
Free CARFAX Report Honda Mall of Georgia
1-800-657-2685

Distance: .06 mi
View Dealer Inventory
Contact Dealer
2000 HONDA CIVIC/SE
Body Style: Sedan 4 DR
Engine Type: 1.6L L4 PFI SOHC 16V
Standard Equipment: Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM CD, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer
Free CARFAX Report Conyers Honda
770-922-5292

Distance: 32.08 mi
View Dealer Inventory
Contact Dealer
1998 HONDA CIVIC EX
Body Style: Coupe
Engine Type: 1.6L L4 PFI 16V
Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM, Power Brakes, Power sun / moon roof, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer
Free CARFAX Report Carriage Nissan
770-532-6335

Distance: 12.51 mi
View Dealer Inventory
View Details & Photos

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 4 billion vehicle history events and found 10 record(s) for this 1999 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8144XL086667).

Purchased: 1999
Type: Personal
Where: Georgia
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 7/4/99 - 4/19/00
(9 months)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
07/04/1999 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Atlanta, GA Registered as
personal vehicle
07/16/1999 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Flowery Branch, GA
Title #0000036998553 Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported
07/16/1999 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Atlanta, GA
Title #36998553 Title or registration issued

Purchased: 2000
Est. length owned: 4/19/00 - 4/17/02
(1 yr. 11 mo.)

04/19/2000 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Atlanta, GA
Title #6333001102016 Title or registration issued
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported
03/13/2002 50,768 Georgia
Inspection Station Passed emissions inspection

Purchased: 2002
Est. length owned: 4/17/02 - present
(4 yrs. 5 mo.)

04/17/2002 50,782 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Athens, GA
Title #6957021071016 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported
05/01/2002 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Athens, GA
Title #776957021071016 Registration issued or renewed
Loan or lien reported
04/01/2003 73,000 Georgia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Athens, GA
Title #776092030912907 Title issued or updated
Correction to record
Loan or lien reported
01/26/2004 110,687 Collision Repair Facility
Georgia Vehicle inspected after an
accident or other incident.
CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2005.

07/05/2005 Georgia
Police Report Accident Reported
in Clarke County
Involving a front impact
with another motor vehicle
Minor damage reported

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Have Questions? Please visit our Help Center at www.carfax.com (http://www.carfax.com/).

Accident
CARFAX receives information on accidents in most states when an official police report is filed. Not all accidents are reported to the Police. The level of detail in the accident record varies by state depending on the state's accident report requirements. CARFAX recommends you obtain a vehicle inspection from your dealer or an independent mechanic for any car involved in an accident.
According to the National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2003 edition, 12% of the 243 million registered vehicles in the U.S. were involved in an accident in 2002. Over 90% of these were considered minor or moderate.
CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 21.Sep.2006 21:54:18. New data will result in a change to this report.

Georgia Police Reports:

Provide an estimate of the extent of damage in its accident reports for the following:
SEVERE: The vehicle cannot be driven from the accident scene due to severe damage or an injury. This level of damage often results in a Salvage or Junk title.
MODERATE: The accident damage affects the operation of the vehicle and/or its parts. Examples include broken windows, trunk lids, doors, bumpers and tires.
MINOR: The accident damage does not affect the operation of the vehicle. Examples include dented bumpers, fenders, grills and body panels. This level of accident should not compromise vehicle safety.
NO DAMAGE: The vehicle was not damaged.
Are required if the estimated damage exceeds $500
Are released to CARFAX approximately 3 months after the accident date

Collision Repair Facility
A collision repair facility specializes in repairing vehicle damage caused by accidents and other incidents. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or a professional inspector is recommended.

First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.

New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

Ownership History
CARFAX defines an owner as an individual or business that possesses and uses a vehicle. Not all title transactions represent changes in ownership. To provide estimated number of owners, CARFAX proprietary technology analyzes all the events in a vehicle history. Estimated ownership is available for vehicles manufactured after 1994 and titled solely in the US including Puerto Rico. Dealers sometimes opt to take ownership of a vehicle and are required to in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma and South Dakota. Please consider this as you review a vehicle's estimated ownership history.

Title Issued
A state issues a title to provide a vehicle owner with proof of ownership. Each title has a unique number. Each title or registration record on a CARFAX report does not necessarily indicate a change in ownership. In Canada, a registration and bill of sale are used as proof of ownership.

Additional Services & Resources
Insurance Center Lending Tree Loans CARFAX Inspection & Road Test CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®
© 2006 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending. 21.Sep.2006 21:54:18

Accident Indicator
Various events could indicate an accident in a vehicle's history, such as: salvage auction, fire damage, police-reported accident, crash test vehicle, damage disclosure, collision repair facility and automotive recycler records. See the glossary for more information.Airbag Deployment
Occurs when the driver, passenger or side airbag has been used or deployed during a crash or other incident. If an airbag has been deployed, new or recycled airbags must be installed for the airbag system to return to operation.Frame Damage
In most cases, a vehicle is inspected for frame damage after an accident or other incident. All levels of accidents from minor to severe can cause frame damage and in most cases it can be repaired. If frame damage is reported, having this vehicle's frame inspected before purchase is recommended.Odometer Rollback
If a more recent odometer reading is less than an older reading, then the odometer may have been tampered with and "rolled back".Manufacturer Recall
Automobile manufacturers issue recall notices to inform owners of car defects that have come to the manufacturer's attention. Recalls also suggest improvements that can be made to improve the safety of a particular vehicle. Most manufacturer recalls can be repaired at no cost to you.Basic Warranty
Most manufacturers offer a basic warranty for new vehicles. These warranties vary by manufacturer and typically last for a certain amount of time and/or a set number of miles.Salvage Title
A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value.. This damage threshold may vary by state. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state. The following ten States also use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.Junk Title
A Junk Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value.. This damage threshold may vary by state. The majority of states use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage.Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title
A Rebuilt/Reconstructed vehicle is a salvage vehicle that has been repaired and restored to operation. These vehicles are often severely damaged before they are rebuilt and refurbished parts are typically used during reconstruction. In most states, an inspection of the vehicle is required before the vehicle is allowed to return to the road. Loss Due To Fire Title
The vehicle sustained major damage due to fire. In most states, fire damage titles are issued when the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value.Flood Damage Title
States issue flood titles when a vehicle has been in a flood or has received extensive water damage. Hail Damage Title
The vehicle sustained major damage due to hail. In most states, hail damage titles are issued when the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value.Manufacturer Buyback or Lemon
A DMV or a state agency marks an official document or issues a Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon title when a vehicle has been repurchased by the manufacturer. Not all states issue manufacturer buyback titles and the specific requirements for a lemon law vehicle varies by state.Not Actual Mileage Title
When the seller certifies, under the Federal Odometer Act, that the odometer reading does not reflect the vehicle's actual mileage. This may occur because the odometer was tampered with, broken, or replaced.Exceeds Mechanical Limits
A vehicle with a 5-digit odometer cannot accurately track mileage after 99,999 miles because the odometer rolls over. This title is the result of a seller certifying under the Federal Odometer Act, that the odometer reading EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS of the odometer.Standard Equipment
Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM CD, Power Brakes, Power sun / moon roof, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer Safety Options
4 Wheel ABS Optional, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

2.0civic
09-21-2006, 09:57 PM
im glad that you think the car has 90k on it when 4 years ago it had 110k on it...

chris13
10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
he is tryin to sell this car car me now

2.0civic
10-17-2006, 06:24 PM
be careful...all im going to say...im not going to talk trash about if since i posted this...ill pm you the mechs number that overlooked it for me if you want to call him and talk to him about what happened...there are other members on the board who saw it also so i can get you their numbers too if you like. LMK

gokblok
10-24-2006, 11:02 AM
anymore news on this car??

£G2♣
10-24-2006, 12:21 PM
yup, this car was sold to me :yes:

2.0civic
10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
lol, was it really?? ive had two people ask me about it in the last week thats wy i was wondering

Double1Trey6
10-24-2006, 02:44 PM
i bought it