PDA

View Full Version : Headlight....

§treet_§peed
08-31-2006, 07:27 PM
it seems i have bad luck with head lights... let me start...

ok i bought new OEM headlights for my 96 civic...anyways one of them decided to be a lil bitch and get water in it..as all the others i have had..well anyways i tryed drying it out and yet it still has moisture in it...i remember reading something about how you could take them apart by puting them in the oven and some stuff and then cleaning them out real good and then resealing them..but i don't remember where i saw it..any help would be appreciated!! thanks!!! :goodjob:

Bishop
08-31-2006, 08:04 PM
did you buy them from the dealership? im sure there's a warrenty or something.

an0therh22
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
bake them in the oven for about ten minutes. and when u reseal just add more silicon and stick it back in the oven gl

§treet_§peed
08-31-2006, 08:16 PM
did you buy them from the dealership? im sure there's a warrenty or something.naw bought them off the net..not ebay though..they came with the Honda Certified shit too, but i lost all that lol:doh:

bake them in the oven for about ten minutes. and when u reseal just add more silicon and stick it back in the oven gl what temp?

TypeRPersonality
08-31-2006, 09:06 PM
lol, I think you got that idea from me. The temperature should be around 250-300 and leave it in for 4-5 mins. But even tho its jDm TyTe, i don't recommend it.

LIKEG6
08-31-2006, 09:43 PM
they bend and crack really easily if you're not careful, I messed around one time and tried to bake my tail lights and they cracked and warped

If you try it be really really careful

atl300zx
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
this happened to me in another car, i put them under a heat lamp for a few days and they dried up, then i resealed them with clear silicone.

§treet_§peed
09-01-2006, 10:01 PM
:werd: well what i tried to was the same thing with some birght as shop lights...:D let them day over night and then put some sealant around them...hope it works if not imma bake the piss out them...lol

§treet_§peed
09-02-2006, 02:22 PM
i think i fixed them today.....i baked them at 200 degrees for 8 minutes, popped it apart...then dried them out really really really good with a couple paper towels, then a hair dryer...after that i put some strong ass silicon cocing (sp)? around it in the gap...then i put them back in the oven at 200 degrees for 8 more minutes then pulled them out pushed on them really really hard for like 2 minutes in front of a fan while it cooled now i'm letting it cool off and gonna wait until tomorrow afternoon before i put it back in..thanks for the help you guys...:goodjob: