PDA

View Full Version : Good start this morning!

dartingd
08-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Meant to post earlier, but forgot….so I’m goin down 365(before Gainesville, where it turns into 985) and I look down at my gas gauge to see that I’m about 50 miles from needing to fill up, so I decide to get gas while I’m still in habersham county, since it’s cheaper. It had rained all night apparently, cause the roads were still pretty wet, and it had just started to sprinkle again. I start to slow down so I can turn into the station, making sure to keep around 60ish till I get into the little turning lane for the station, and something happens, dunno what. I hit a puddle the wrong way or something, and instead of slowing and turning, my car starts to slide and turn a little sideway, and CRASH!!! I hit the stupid curb where the in/out area is for the gas station and hop up on it halfway, taking out any poor shrubs in the vicinity. I thank the lord my radiator and oil pan are intact still and proceed to get gas…when I finish pumping, I go to get back into my car and see that my rim is not bent, but warped like a bike rim or something, and that the wheel/tire is pushed back about 2 inches…needless to say I’m happy my parents are on vacation so I could drive my dad’s truck to work this morning…shop says it’s prolly a bent tie rod, trashed wheel, and I’m def. Lucky that’s it…oh well, my c8’s came in the mail earlier this week, so I guess they’re goin on asap!

Ran
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow, that sucks. At least it wasn't any worse.

dartingd
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
ya..happy no one was in front of me..woulda sucked..i have liability only on the civic...

dartingd
08-31-2006, 10:24 PM
i get the good word in the mornin on what was broke....i'll keep posted for all one of you that replied, lol

LQQKITZME
08-31-2006, 10:55 PM
man that sucks..

BlueLude94
08-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Ya the first few minutes of rain are the worst. Enough to wash the oil and shit all over the road but not enough to wash it all off

dartingd
09-01-2006, 10:42 AM
talked to my guy...he says he didn't look at it yet, but looks like bent strut...

dartingd
09-01-2006, 01:57 PM
just talked to car guy...lower control arm is gone, and possibly more, but that's the only noticable part...

Ran
09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Any ideas on cost of repairs?