PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Custom Turbo Kit For 99 Mitsubishi Galant

silviadriftr
05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Dave finished the turbo kit for the galant yesterday. Still waiting for the fuel pump and injectors, then the dyno. I will post numbers as soon as it goes to the dyno.

Repost Squintz
05-23-2005, 10:03 AM
niccceeee

Repost Squintz
05-28-2005, 06:58 PM
so anyword on the numbers its putting down

silviadriftr
05-31-2005, 08:56 AM
so anyword on the numbers its putting down

Not yet. Dave is going back and using a secondary fuel injector set to compensate for the fuel because the customer wants more power but still wants to be able to pass emmissions. This way the secondary injectors can be turned off when doing emmissions and the boost can be lowered. The map sensor for the secondary injector controller should be in in the next couple of days.

THEONE
05-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Not yet. Dave is going back and using a secondary fuel injector set to compensate for the fuel because the customer wants more power but still wants to be able to pass emmissions. This way the secondary injectors can be turned off when doing emmissions and the boost can be lowered. The map sensor for the secondary injector controller should be in in the next couple of days.

brilliant!!

B16a2 Civic
05-31-2005, 05:33 PM
sup man, ay how much did it cost for all that, my friend has a Galant just like that, exact same kit and he was lookin into turbo too, just hit me up with a ball park figure

twkg
06-01-2005, 02:09 AM
now thats some hotness!!!!

flysi00
06-01-2005, 11:11 AM
nice clean setup

BTEC
06-01-2005, 10:28 PM
ah yeah, the strut tower brace got made for the galant today. That junk hotter than a mofo. Tell that silviadriftr dood to get some pics up of it b4 i get mad. Yeah, what i said.

dereksi
06-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Why dont you take the pics BTEC?? You see it every day. LOL

silviadriftr
06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Why dont you take the pics BTEC?? You see it every day. LOL

He can turn a wrench but his hands get shakey with a camera. :D

Kevykev
06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
nicely done.

BTEC
06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
i dnt have a digi cam. my phone takes pics but i can only send them to email addresses. im too busy to take pics ne way. silviadriftr, i make it u shoot it, got it? l8er

Z33_kid
06-03-2005, 12:00 AM
dang it looks hott

A1EX
06-05-2005, 03:46 PM
^^^^ i agree

ILLSMOKEu
06-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Did you dyno eyt

silviadriftr
06-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Did you dyno eyt

I haven't gotten the info from Dave yet. I think the factory MAF took a crap. Customer is thinking of doing a map coversion. I'll check to see if he got any numbers before the maf took a crap.

Rican219
06-22-2005, 02:51 PM
A kit for the I4 has been out for a while. I was working on the V6 kit with a company in Cali.

I'm the original Atl Galant LOL

The V6 kit will contain the following:

A.A.I. 2 1/2" Downpipe
A.A.I. Wastegate Dump Tube
A.A.I. 2 1/2" Intercooler Tubing
A.A.I. 3" Turbo Inlet Tube
A.A.I. Side Mount Intercooler
Turbonetics T3/T4E Turbocharger with Polished Compressor Housing.
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor B.O.V.
Turbonetics Silicone Connectors
GReddy E-Manage w/ ignition harness
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Stainless Steel Clamps
Oil Feed & Drain Systems
MAF Adapter
K&N Air Filter
B.O.V. Recirculation Hose
All Required Mounting Hardware
Ceramic Coated Hot-Side Tubing
Powder Coated Cold-Side Tubing (Silver is Standard, Optional Colors Available For Additional Cost)
8.5psi kit will have 370cc high impedance injectors
Cost: $3900

Power gains will be between 120whp-150whp over stock.

I4 Kit
TURBOPACKAGE 4G64: This high quality cost effective bolt on turbo system designed for the 4G64 engines found in the 2000+ Mitsubishi cars. The system features our custom CAD designed T-304 Stainless Steel manifold, downpipe and charge tubing. The system designed for setup flexibility, safely makes excellent power while reaching peek boost quickly. Performance ranges from 200-250 hp on stock engines and 250-400 hp on modified engines running additional boost pressure. We recommend professional installation for this system. The basic kit includes the following components:

• Max Rev TIG Welded T304 Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold

• Garrett T3-T04E - .48 or .63 A/R Turbocharger

• Tial 38mm Wastegate .4 Bar Spring

• Max Rev 2.50 or 3.00 Inch T304 Stainless Steel Downpipe

• Max Rev Mandrel Bent 2.25 Inch Charge Air Tubing

• Max Rev Large Aluminum Front Mount Intercooler

• Max Rev T-6061 Billet Aluminum Blow Off Valve

• Max Rev Stainless Steel Oil Line Kit and Fittings

• Max Rev Quality Turbo Installation Kit

Recommend using an A'PEXi S-AFC, Vortech 12:1 FMU for fuel control. Also Walbro fuel pump to run higher boost.

Curious to see what your kit has to offer

silviadriftr
06-22-2005, 03:07 PM
A kit for the I4 has been out for a while. I was working on the V6 kit with a company in Cali.

The V6 kit will contain the following:

A.A.I. 2 1/2" Downpipe
A.A.I. Wastegate Dump Tube
A.A.I. 2 1/2" Intercooler Tubing
A.A.I. 3" Turbo Inlet Tube
A.A.I. Side Mount Intercooler
Turbonetics T3/T4E Turbocharger with Polished Compressor Housing.
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor B.O.V.
Turbonetics Silicone Connectors
GReddy E-Manage w/ ignition harness
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Stainless Steel Clamps
Oil Feed & Drain Systems
MAF Adapter
K&N Air Filter
B.O.V. Recirculation Hose
All Required Mounting Hardware
Ceramic Coated Hot-Side Tubing
Powder Coated Cold-Side Tubing (Silver is Standard, Optional Colors Available For Additional Cost)
8.5psi kit will have 370cc high impedance injectors
Cost: $3900

Power gains will be between 120whp-150whp over stock.

I4 Kit
TURBOPACKAGE 4G64: This high quality cost effective bolt on turbo system designed for the 4G64 engines found in the 2000+ Mitsubishi cars. The system features our custom CAD designed T-304 Stainless Steel manifold, downpipe and charge tubing. The system designed for setup flexibility, safely makes excellent power while reaching peek boost quickly. Performance ranges from 200-250 hp on stock engines and 250-400 hp on modified engines running additional boost pressure. We recommend professional installation for this system. The basic kit includes the following components:

• Max Rev TIG Welded T304 Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold

• Garrett T3-T04E - .48 or .63 A/R Turbocharger

• Tial 38mm Wastegate .4 Bar Spring

• Max Rev 2.50 or 3.00 Inch T304 Stainless Steel Downpipe

• Max Rev Mandrel Bent 2.25 Inch Charge Air Tubing

• Max Rev Large Aluminum Front Mount Intercooler

• Max Rev T-6061 Billet Aluminum Blow Off Valve

• Max Rev Stainless Steel Oil Line Kit and Fittings

• Max Rev Quality Turbo Installation Kit

Recommend using an A'PEXi S-AFC, Vortech 12:1 FMU for fuel control. Also Walbro fuel pump to run higher boost.

Curious to see what your kit has to offer

I am curious to see what Dave can get out of it as well. But you said it had been out a while and the Dyno graph posted at the bottom of the page is from 5/28/05. No older graphs? I didn't think that it had been out before may. At least that's what they said. :)

Also this kit does not use the emanage because the owner wanted to be able to pass emissions without putting everything back to stock settings to do so.

Rican219
06-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I will try and find an Ealier chart on the I4 one the V6 one is the only one I had. Have you seen the SUper Charger kit for the V6? Anyway I know the Galant in and out since I was one of the Originals to even think about Tunning one up.

Here is a Video Clip I found
http://www.iamsethmo.com/Vids/stewidyno.avi

silviadriftr
06-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah, there was a guy at the NOPI/NDRA Steele event that was showing his car with a charger on his.

Rican219
06-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Here is a friend comments on the I4 Turbo kit that he had....

LITTLE REMINDER OF MY TURBO TUNING DONE SO FAR ( back from couple moths ago 6-1-02) :

6 months ago my galant was pushing 140 whp at the DYNOJET dyno chase .
I was really disaponted back then, i was about to gave up on my galant - I put so much money for 40 whp gain (basline at 100whp stock).
Well, so i driving like this for about 4 months, till i went on the dyno again to see my air to fuel ratio (they tested it on wide band 0 2 sensors). No mather what i did, the power wasn't comming up, even with max out 550 cc injectors...I found out back then that i am running extremly lean and was really pissed off. I had injectors switch 2 times already and nothing. The

SO WHAT HAPPENED TODAY AT THE DYNO???

As of today, I didn't do any other mods ever since i dynoed my car 6 months, except for one thing that was fucking me up all the time - injectors. I had 310 cc all the time in my car, thinking i had some 550cc!!!!
The reason why i had those 310cc was - one of the guys who ordered the injectors chose a wrong fucking part number. That shit casued me to sped a lot of money to see wtf was wrong with my fuel system
I had my warlbo 255 fuel pump taken out and rewired, and i even thought my vortech fmu is a pos.
However, the whole time I was running 310 cc on my car and that was a big problem that i had.

We decided a week ago that we will put my injectors to check the part number again just to make sure....So we did.
Denso part number indicatd 310 cc injectors, not 550 cc.

I did some more research and i quickly find out that running 550 cc injectors would be too big for my setup.
As of today i switched my inectors to denso 460 cc high imp. injectors.

Took it to the factorxengeneering shop to get it tuned - some client of theirs convinced me to do that. Mike was the tuner there. He is a cool guy i gotta say. He has serious experience as a tuner,engine builder mechanic, and racer. The shop looks very professional, the place is vey clean, they have fabrication room in there, engine building area room, 2 hydraulic lifting racks, some awesome big making hp cars there, lots of tuning tools and of course DynpackDyno Chases.

So i found out 2 vit things at the dyno.
1. MY pipie going from the filter, through mass air sensor, then agian a clamp, piece of pipe and a clam is realy restrictive.
I need to chane it ASAP to get better hp numbers.
2. My boost is only 4.5 psi at the time, even though my autometer shows 5 -6 psi. Yes, i have a little boost creep (.5 psi after 4000 rpm).
So the autometer gauge is off by 1 psi, according to their computerized coneccted one.

Well, folks that's not all. Mike did an excellent job on tuning my SAFC. He tuned all the RPM band past 3000 RPM at 12.2 air to fuel ratio, using dynapck wide band o2 sensors.
I am rich finally, and my EGT temps don't go more than 1470 F at WOT for a long time of driving it.

O.K. Here are some numbers for u, i will post the pics of dyno sheet as soon as i get them from leo, who already took the pics with his digital camera.

i did six runs there. ALL THE RUNS AT 4.5 PSI ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STANDARD HP IS : 181 whp
at MPH: 89
at RPM: 5762

TORQUE: 165 FT/LB ath the wheels
at mph 69
at rpm 4504

THE estimated hp at the crank is 235 hp. Not bad for 4.5 psi turbo galant 4 cylinder.

NOTE: All the runs were taking at 4.5 psi only.
Dynapack is a very expensive dyno chase that proved accuracy and precision over popular dynojet. The hp and ft/lb numbers on dynapack are lower than the ones on dynojet. This is due to the wheels inertia.
In other words, dynojet wheel hp # is higher (overestimated) over dynapck (hp #s are lower about 8 % than the one on dynojet).
Once i will tune my car at 7 psi safely, i will tune it at dynapack and take it later for a baseline on the dynojet to see the differnce in whp without changing anything.
Here is an example how the dynos compare to their whp reeding on WRX.
http://www.vishnutuning.com/How%20Big%20Is%20Your%20Horsepower.xls

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND THOUGHTS:
The car really feels strong in 3 rd and 4 gear. LOts of top end, safe EGT temp even for running and getting on it for a long time.
Though 1 thing that pisses me off is our auto tranny. The first gear is really weak, and turbo kicks in at about 2900 rpm.
The car starts to acctualy accelerate in the 2nd, but my low rpms (1thru 3k) really suck. Once the turbo kicks in though this is where the car is making power.
The thirs is very strong now, i would say this is my stonget gear of all of them, perhaps because it was tuned in the third...
I don't know what my quarter mile time is, but i know my 60 footer would probably be bad, because of my auto tranny.
I wish i had at least bullet proof it so i can boost it 12 psi safely

LAST THING TO SAY IS:
I just got my Greddy Manual boost controler, but haven't put it on yet, so once i do and save some money again - i will go back to the dyno and defeniately crank the boost to 7psi, then tune it again, and it should make over 200 whp on dynapcak easly.
I will let u know.
I love the turbos and their possibilties to tune and crank the boost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Let me know how your kit does I'm pretty sure I have friends Locally that would be more then Interested to look into it. Also if you want to market it I have some places you can post that will get you some hits. WHen it comes to the Galant I know where to go LOL

boostdgalant
12-14-2005, 03:42 AM
if the car is still around id like to see it.