PDA

View Full Version : General Chat I think I have the stiffest clutch in GA

TIGERJC
08-31-2006, 02:05 AM
I have a JC comp stage 2 6 puck clutch. I also have toyota lsds on my car. I have always wonder why I have the most stiffest clutch. I have driven spec stage 5 clutches and they are not as bad as my clutch. Does anybody know what could be the problem. Five star tuning and vinhbody know what I am talking about

Five*Star*
08-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Honestly, your clutch isn't too bad. I have driven imports with stiffer clutches. Try driving around an old Pontiac Hot Rod with a performance cluth....that's stiff!

BTW, all of your pivot points in the clutch actuation system were greased by me personally, so it isn't stiff because of friction in the acuation system (ie. slave cylinder, clutch fork, throughout bearing). Maybe it is time to try a braided steel clutch hose see how that does.

Ran
08-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Meh, my Datsun has a 6-puck unsprung clutch and it's not too bad. My buddies EVO clutch is a hell of a lot worse.

TIGERJC
08-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Honestly, your clutch isn't too bad. I have driven imports with stiffer clutches. Try driving around an old Pontiac Hot Rod with a performance cluth....that's stiff!

BTW, all of your pivot points in the clutch actuation system were greased by me personally, so it isn't stiff because of friction in the acuation system (ie. slave cylinder, clutch fork, throughout bearing). Maybe it is time to try a braided steel clutch hose see how that does.

I guess so

BTEC
08-31-2006, 01:46 PM
when u start blowing slave cylinders come talk to me. im on my third one.

i4_garage
09-01-2006, 12:45 AM
yeah that shit is hard....but its drivable....not the hardest i have driven tho

BlkCD5
09-01-2006, 07:01 AM
driving a car with a 6 puck clutch owned me :(

Five*Star*
09-08-2006, 01:00 AM
driving a car with a 6 puck clutch owned me :(

6-puck doesn't matter though. It is all in the pressure plate stiffness.

JC, you may need your Clutch Master Rod adjusted. If it is not pushing the clutch in all the way, it can make it stop where it is stiffest. Once you get it pressed in so far, it then eases up. Might just be your problem. I had that problem once on an Eclipse stage 2.

BlkCD5
09-08-2006, 01:32 AM
The clutch didn't have any springs either, so it was a bit harsh.

MeFryRice
09-12-2006, 11:39 PM
JC I've tried your clutch and it's not really all that stiff.....drive Lauren's M3 then come back to me and say that!!