PDA

View Full Version : i have a spoon ecu that does not work

89 lude
08-30-2006, 09:40 PM
where can i take it to get it look at or who. i just got it and it blinks the very first time then goes to the second blink stays for a sec and blinks 5 times after that could someone please help me. the numbers on the computer are

37820-PW0-000 thanks

uproot
08-30-2006, 09:41 PM
:edit: just noticed it says does not work now.... so what is it doing to your performance?

89 lude
08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
it wont start the car it just sits there and turns over like it isnt firing... but we change to a regular comp. and the car runs fine

htchking
08-30-2006, 10:05 PM
if your puting into a car for first time it will prob throw codes so just rkeep reseting com. by taking power wire off batt for 15 sec until light stop blinking ..but it should blink a certain amount of times to read main relay.but not possitive may want to check on forums for the type of car for trouble shooting.

89 lude
08-30-2006, 10:08 PM
well it been in a b16 hatch for a while but it just would not work and if i switched it with the stock comp it started right up..

uproot
08-31-2006, 05:23 PM
check out www.honda-tech.com im like 99.9% sure you can find an answer there ... just go to search type in something like spoon ecu and then make sure you click the archived content....

SLow_POke
08-31-2006, 06:45 PM
where can i take it to get it look at or who. i just got it and it blinks the very first time then goes to the second blink stays for a sec and blinks 5 times after that could someone please help me. the numbers on the computer are

37820-PW0-000 thanks

sounds like code 10 and 15.,

im sure 10 in IAT, and 15 cant really remember but pretty sure its ignition signal ....maybe this is why its not turning on

anyway im sure any ECU questions would be better answered by
http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

scttydb411
, drop him a PM

-Ernie

scttydb411
08-31-2006, 07:12 PM
w/o looking up the codes, but if it's ignition signal it is commonly the dizzy.

i would make sure you have the iat plugged in. honda has similar plugs for a few sensors and you may have some stuff plugged in wrong. get a voltmeter and start tracing wires.

have you tried a unchipped ecu to see if it does it too? how about trying it in another known working car?

89 lude
09-01-2006, 10:24 PM
thats what i did and if i use the regular comp in a hatch back b16 the car runs fine and no codes are thrown but put the spoon in and it just turns over so its the comp be cause the regular one runs fine vetec works and every thing

scttydb411
09-02-2006, 10:44 AM
sounds like it then. is the spoon chip removeable on a zif socket, or is it soldered directly to the ecu board? if it's removeable it's possible the chip got scrambled or inserted wrong. reflashing the chip may help, but it probably won't be the same program.

most of the spoon programs aren't really spoon programs anyway...most people just jack up the timing, fuel, vtec, and rev limit and call it a spoon chip.