PDA

View Full Version : MILITARY : REASON WHY I WILL NEVER JOIN

Julio
08-30-2006, 06:12 PM
My Grandpa told me long time ago.. When I showed interested in the Military.. Love this country.. is a great country.. you can become anything you want, do whatever you want... But, The military in this country means nothing to the goverment.. never sale your body and life for the Military in this country.

I was just thinking this.. why? I just came accross this... Now, How fucked up is this? this is simply one of many terrible treatment some of our soldiers get.

http://info.detnews.com/weblog/index.cfm?blogid=7825

:gay:

TeeJay
08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
whatta crock

Bishop
08-30-2006, 06:20 PM
my grandpa was trying to get me to koin the military right before i graduated high school. I was like fuck that.

and yeah, that article you posted is just fucked up. They can't even afford to provide medical treatment for the wounded, but that can afford to send us to war....wtf?

MachNU
08-30-2006, 06:52 PM
I am sorry but i have to disagree. I think the military is just for certain people. Like the statement that makes the most Since in this nation is "Freedom is not free!" I mean i am sorry everyone preaches that this is a free nation, but no one is willing it fight for that freedom, no matter what the cost. It might jsut be me that i have plenty of family members that have been or are in the military, some that have gone to Iraq, and come back. But to me this nation would not be what it is without the people that fight for its freedom.

And before anyone judges, i plan on joining the military once i get my 4 year degree.

Jsut my :2cents:

The Golden Child
08-30-2006, 06:57 PM
yea my boss said fuck the when i was deciding awhile back ..
he said it aint gunna do you no good when your dead ..

3kgtdrvr
08-30-2006, 07:05 PM
I am sorry but i have to disagree. I think the military is just for certain people. Like the statement that makes the most Since in this nation is "Freedom is not free!" I mean i am sorry everyone preaches that this is a free nation, but no one is willing it fight for that freedom, no matter what the cost. It might jsut be me that i have plenty of family members that have been or are in the military, some that have gone to Iraq, and come back. But to me this nation would not be what it is without the people that fight for its freedom.

And before anyone judges, i plan on joining the military once i get my 4 year degree.

Jsut my :2cents:

im totally with u bro! im on the verge of the marines. yeah shit is fucked up, but if it wasnt for those brave men and women that do what they do, things would be even more fucked up. and if u dont think life is good here, then get the fuck out and see how it is somewhere else...now thats just my :2cents: in my eyes its an honor to fight and die for your country and protect the lives of millions of americans and yes u will never be anywhere near fully compensated for the time and effort and possibly sanity or well being u give up, but thats just life and somebody has to do it or u wouldnt be sittin on ur computer right now. god bless our troops!

Julio
08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
did you guys read this thread?

The Golden Child
08-30-2006, 07:26 PM
"Honestly, they would have loved to have funded it, but there were just so many priorities," says Jenny Manley, spokeswoman for the Senate Appropriations Committee. "They didn't have any flexibility in such a tight fiscal year."

MachNU
08-30-2006, 09:07 PM
did you guys read this thread?

I read it, but it seems like this si turning into a thread, and a statement that makes it seem like you are protesting fighting. So of course your going to get people to post up reasons they fill they should not go intot he military! everyone can argue any way they want, but others fell Fighting for there freedoms, is what its all about, and others think that freedom should just come free. But in todays soceity, everyone wants something for free, and they will do anything for it.

IE

You find a person stealing your car. You sit there and watch them. The car being YOURS and the guy wanting it, becuase its hsi freedom to want it, even if its not his, and against the law. Well some may just let him take it and call the cops, but they cant do anything about it. Your know out a car. While others will fight and defend that car, becuase its theres, and it gives them the freedom to do what they want with it.

That may not make that much since, but to me it does, and like i said this is a thread that you for fighting for your freedom, or against the military. To me this is jsut to dam broad!

again just my two cents!

Julio
08-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Julio me and you are cool, but nothing against you, i just think this is a two Either you are or you arent type of thread. everyone can argue any way they want, but others fell Fighting for there freedoms, is what its all about, and others think that freedom should just come free. But in todays soceity, everyone wants something for free, and they will do anything for it.

IE

You find a person stealing your car. You sit there and watch them. The car being YOURS and the guy wanting it, becuase its hsi freedom to want it, even if its not his, and against the law. Well some may just let him take it and call the cops, but they cant do anything about it. Your know out a car. While others will fight and defend that car, becuase its theres, and it gives them the freedom to do what they want with it.

That may not make that much since, but to me it does, and like i said this is a thread that you for fighting for your freedom, or against the military. To me this is jsut to dam broad!

again just my two cents!

Man..Oh.. Man.. Im not bashing the military... this thread was to simply show How our goverment is not taking care of the soldiers who got injured while fighting for our freedom.

Thats all. :D

MachNU
08-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Man..Oh.. Man.. Im not bashing the military... this thread was to simply show How our goverment is not taking care of the soldiers who got injured while fighting for our freedom.

Thats all. :D

LOL just making sure!!!! Becuase this was seeming like it was turning into a bashing the military type of thread!!!

Julio
08-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh and If I see someone stealing my car... even though I have a couple of Guns.. I even Have a license to carry. I wont do nothing.. Unless Im in danger. I have insurance =]

Julio
08-30-2006, 09:13 PM
LOL just making sure!!!! Becuase this was seeming like it was turning into a bashing the military type of thread!!!

My bad if I came across that way.. But I've seen, read.. talked with family members who are/retired from the military the horror stories.. Thats why I said.. I would never join..

Sorry for the confusion there. I support our troops bro.. :D

MachNU
08-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Oh and If I see someone stealing my car... even though I have a couple of Guns.. I even Have a license to carry. I wont do nothing.. Unless Im in danger. I have insurance =]

Yeah but what i am getting at is, if it came down to it, you will defend that car becuase its yours, you worked your ass off for it!!!!!

MachNU
08-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Like this, this was a thread i posted stating about the freedoms people take for granted!!!

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=34289758#post34289758

Julio
08-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah but what i am getting at is, if it came down to it, you will defend that car becuase its yours, you worked your ass off for it!!!!!

Naw man.. Not worth risking my life over a car... Now if Im touched in anyway by that criminal.. I will defend myself and do what I can to survive.

I have learned to keep my head level in bad situations over the years. when I was between the ages of 18 to about 22.. I didnt think to good..

MachNU
08-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Naw man.. Not worth risking my life over a car... Now if Im touched in anyway by that criminal.. I will defend myself and do what I can to survive.

I have learned to keep my head level in bad situations over the years. when I was between the ages of 18 to about 22.. I didnt think to good..

LOL dude i am not getting litteral, just saying when it comes down to it, you would want to defend your car, becuase its yours. I was just trying to name a item, that people would defend, and that come fill very passionate about!

Hektik
08-30-2006, 09:25 PM
For many people joining the military is a very good thing. i dont think that a person with a family like wife and kids should join it is very hard on a relationship when u have to go on deplyment for 6 months and then get back for 6 months and do it again. how ever the military does take very good care of u. when i was in i got a decent pay check but my rent and my car loans were paid of. thats what people fail to see. o i only get 3k dollars a month but thenn they dont include BAH and BAs plus fre medical benefits. i think for a single person that doesnt have much else like they dropped out or live close to a poverty level then yes this is a very good life. IE one of my best friends was a hardcore gangbanger got into lots of trouble dropped out of school had no job or any actual lead in life. he joined the navy and now hes a very stand up person.

THE MILITARY IS NOT FOR ALL PEOPLE. BUT IT IS VERY HELPFUL IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE.

im sorry if this got off topic and I seemed to ramble on. this is just a touchy subject for me I support the military and everything it has done for me and my familiy.
k thanx

Jimmy B
08-30-2006, 09:30 PM
the media always bashes the militery, no matter what the situation... im sure its not as bad as that article says...

pesoanlly, i will give the UTMOST respect to any of our militery, i dont have the mentality for it, call me a wuss, i call it jsut being me.. i would love to protect our country, but i will do all i can over HERE in the states to support all of teh militery...