PDA

View Full Version : keep katrina victims in your thoughts today.

SwurvinIn
08-29-2006, 08:21 AM
today is the one yr anniversary....to all those that lost their lives and those that lost their homes...please keep them in your thoughts today

RandomGuy
08-29-2006, 12:17 PM
[/thread failure]

aaronfelipe
08-29-2006, 12:18 PM
[/thread failure]
pwnd

Ran
08-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Everytime I hear about Katrina, I think back to this pic...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Nismosis/Motivational%20Posters/Determination.png

Allshow97
08-29-2006, 12:24 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Nismosis/Motivational%20Posters/Determination.png

LIRL!!! That shit is wrong yo... But so damn funny!

Tasuki_Civic
08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
no its not funny...i think pple in america so heartless when it comes to that. there is a time to joke and a time not to. and at times its not in your place to joke about things similar to that. those pple went thru hell loosing friends family and children. they were all separated not knowing where they went...some pple still cant find their family memebers because of it.

its insulting, annoying, and sad to see or hear ignorant pple talk about that event.

dereksi
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Ran
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM
its insulting, annoying, and sad to see or hear ignorant pple talk about that event.What's ignorant, is that these people watched this thing come at them for weeks and still failed to evacuate in time. Then, in time of crisis, turned on each other and abused whatever support was given to them. Do I feel sympathy for those that lost loved ones and such? Sure, but they had every mean in which to avoid it.

It's a lot like those idiotic Americans in Lebanon who told to evacuate before the conflict but didn't. Then they get caught up in the middle and start complaining that they can't leave without paying a fee. :rolleyes:

Nemesis
08-29-2006, 01:31 PM
I agree with Tasuki, that is very heartless Ran Kizama. Not a time to joke.

My thoughts and prayers are with the fallen families of Katrina.

Tasuki_Civic
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
What's ignorant, is that these people watched this thing come at them for weeks and still failed to evacuate in time. Then, in time of crisis, turned on each other and abused whatever support was given to them. Do I feel sympathy for those that lost loved ones and such? Sure, but they had every mean in which to avoid it.

It's a lot like those idiotic Americans in Lebanon who told to evacuate before the conflict but didn't. Then they get caught up in the middle and start complaining that they can't leave without paying a fee. :rolleyes:

if you took in more insight about what really happened and why some pple could not leave, then maybe your comment wouldnt be as it is now. i said the same thing before i took a look at what realyl happened. and there are alot more stories that i have no idea about. you are like other who dont give a shit about what happened or why. you just want to rely on what the news says and then move on like it didnt have any effect what so ever on this country. thank you nemisis

Ran
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
if you took in more insight about what really happened and why some pple could not leave, then maybe your comment wouldnt be as it is now.Then please enlighten me. To be honest, if I saw a big@ss hurricane heading towards me, I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Hell, even without a car, you could get a bus ticket or something. It's not like this thing just popped up one day above the city. People had every means and opportunity to leave but still didn't.

you are like other who dont give a shit about what happened or why. you just want to rely on what the news says and then move on like it didnt have any effect what so ever on this country.Thank you for putting words in my mouth. To think that you spoke of ignorance earlier. :rolleyes: The people that evacuated and came back to nothing? They have my sympathies but they'll overcome. I know that the storm had an effect on the country. However, people taking government funded cash cards that were issued to them and blowing the money instead of trying to get back on their feet? They can go to hell. Same thing for those that lounged around in a hotel enjoying the free ride until they were kicked out. People who have earned sympathy will get it. I'm just not going to feel bad for someone because something happens to them that they could have avoided.

SwurvinIn
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
jesus christ....this really went in the wrong direction

BTEC
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
What's ignorant, is that these people watched this thing come at them for weeks and still failed to evacuate in time. Then, in time of crisis, turned on each other and abused whatever support was given to them. Do I feel sympathy for those that lost loved ones and such? Sure, but they had every mean in which to avoid it.

TELL ME WHAT U WOULD DO IN THIS SITUATION AND DNT GIVE ME SOME BULLSHIT ASS STORY.

U R POOR AND U LIVE CHECK TO CHECK. U MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY BILLS AND BUY A LITTLE FOOD AND THATS ABOUT IT. U DNT MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO EVEN HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT AND UR LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING UR NEXT PAYCHECK SO U CAN HAVE MONEY TO EVACUATE AND NOT STARVE U AND UR KIDS TO DEATH ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. THE MONEY UR GONNA EVACTUATE WITH WOULD NORMALLY BE UR RENT MONEY AND UR HOPING UR CAR IS IN GOOD ENOUGH CONDITION TO GET U BACK.

UVE SEEN STORMS B4 AND THEY SAID U SHOULD EVACUATE BUT U MADE IT THROUGH THEM SO Y ARE THEY MAKING THIS ONE SUCH A BIG DEAL, U CAN HANDLE A LIL FLOOD.

WOULD U RISK EVERYTHING TO TRY AND MAKE IT OUT OF STATE "JUST INCASE" THE STORM DESTRYS EVERYTHING? OR DO U STAY AND TRY TO WRK AND TAKE CARE OF U FAMILY BC U DNT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A HOTEL, OR MONEY FOR FOOD FOR UR WHOLE FAMILY TO JUST UP AND GO OUT OF STATE TIL "THEY" SAY ITS SAEF TO COME BACK? DO U STAY AND WAIT FOR THAT NEXT CHECK SO U CNA TAKE THA RISK AND HOPE THE STORM DOESNT HIT TIL AFTER U GET THAT CHECK?

{X}Echo419
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
jesus christ....this really went in the wrong direction

it's not like this ever happens on I.A...... :ninja:

brads94accord
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM

I'm totally w/ you there. Granted there are some people there i feel sorry for because they lost family members and so forther however i have no remorse for the people who ....did not buy renters insurance (its like $10 a month) because a majority of the people in the slums who lost their houses didn't own those houses and the ones who didn't leave when had plenty of warning, and those who fought back against the help offered.

Also working for a credit card company up until i left customer service to move to fraud about 3 months ago i still recieved calls from people asking for their payments to be waived because they were katrina victims...We were only required by law to waive their minimum payments for one month but our company waived them for 3 months and people still abused that. Its rediculous the lack of responsibility some of those evacuees had...

however i totally respect the people who within a month had moved to other cities and already had jobs. In customer service i recieved a large number of calls w/ in a month of the hurricane from people who relocated and already had new jobs and we asking when they needed to make payments.

Ran
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
UVE SEEN STORMS B4 AND THEY SAID U SHOULD EVACUATE BUT U MADE IT THROUGH THEM SO Y ARE THEY MAKING THIS ONE SUCH A BIG DEAL, U CAN HANDLE A LIL FLOOD. That's it right there. These people were warned and told, "Hey, this is a big f*cking storm! Leave!" and they didn't.

WOULD U RISK EVERYTHING TO TRY AND MAKE IT OUT OF STATE "JUST INCASE" THE STORM DESTRYS EVERYTHING? OR DO U STAY AND TRY TO WRK AND TAKE CARE OF U FAMILY BC U DNT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A HOTEL, OR MONEY FOR FOOD FOR UR WHOLE FAMILY TO JUST UP AND GO OUT OF STATE TIL "THEY" SAY ITS SAEF TO COME BACK? DO U STAY AND WAIT FOR THAT NEXT CHECK SO U CNA TAKE THA RISK AND HOPE THE STORM DOESNT HIT TIL AFTER U GET THAT CHECK?If I was told that a storm the size of Katrina was coming, you bet your @ss I'd be leaving. You're talking about money and food? What? There were shelters and support centers put up in the neighboring states that would help you until you were able to get back on your feet. Money for food or a hotel is an invalid excuse and don't give me sh*t about the quality of shelters. I've stayed in them before and while they're cramped, smelly, and usually of low quality, it's a hell of a lot better than being some moron in the middle of a storm who goes down with his home or much worse, his family.

Ihowever i totally respect the people who within a month had moved to other cities and already had jobs. In customer service i recieved a large number of calls w/ in a month of the hurricane from people who relocated and already had new jobs and we asking when they needed to make payments.Exactly! :goodjob:

BTEC
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
OF COURSE I DNT FEEL SYMPATHY FOR THE ONES THAT TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE SUPPORT THEY WERE GIVEN BC OF WHERE THEY LIVED. BUT U HAVE TO EXPECT PPL TO JUMP ON UR CASE IF U JUST COME OUT WITH A "FUCK EM" TYPE ATTITUDE BC PPL PROLLY DID HAVE SITUATIONS LIKE THE ONE I JUST MADE UP WHERE THEY DIDNT WANT TO MAKE THEM WRONG DECISION. OR NO MATTER WHAT IT WAS KINDA LIKE A LOOSE LOOSE SITATUTION EITHER WAY IT WENT.

BTEC
08-29-2006, 02:10 PM
If I was told that a storm the size of Katrina was coming, you bet your @ss I'd be leaving. You're talking about money and food? What? There were shelters and support centers put up in the neighboring states that would help you until you were able to get back on your feet. Money for food or a hotel is an invalid excuse and don't give me sh*t about the quality of shelters. I've stayed in them before and while they're cramped, smelly, and usually of low quality, it's a hell of a lot better than being some moron in the middle of a storm who goes down with his home or much worse, his family.
Exactly! :goodjob:
I THINK ITS EASIER FOR U TO SAY UD EVACUATE BC U KNOW HOW SERIOUS THE STORM IS BC ITS AFTER THE FACT. GETTING HELP FROM SHELTERS AND NEIGHBORING STATES IS TAKING A RISK AS WELL BC THEY DNT HAVE TO DO SHIT FOR YOU.

AND U SAY ITS A MORON TO STAY BC U DNT KNOW JUST HOW BAD THE STORM IS GONNA BE? LOOK AT ALL THE PPL THAT LOOT AND SHIT DURING STORMS. U DNT KNOW IF PPL WAS TRYING TO PROTECT THEIR SHIT BC IF THE STORM HADNT DESTROYED EVERYTHING THEY WOULD STILL COME BACK TO NOTHING BC PPL MIGHTVE STOLE IT ALL.

WE CAN GO BACK AND FORTH ON THIS SHIT BUT I SAID MY PART. THEM PPL THAT TOOK THE SUPPORT AND ABUSED IT GETS NO SYMPATHY AND THEY PPL THAT DIED BC THEY FELT THEY HAD NOWHERE TO GO, COULD GO, OR STAYED TRYING TO PROTECT WHAT LITTLE THEY DID HAVE I FEEL BAD FOR. THEY PPL STRUGGLING TO MAKE IT OR WHO ARE MAKING IT AFTER STARTING FROM SCRATCH, I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO AND THEY GET MUCH RESPECT.

Ran
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I THINK ITS EASIER FOR U TO SAY UD EVACUATE BC U KNOW HOW SERIOUS THE STORM IS BC ITS AFTER THE FACT. GETTING HELP FROM SHELTERS AND NEIGHBORING STATES IS TAKING A RISK AS WELL BC THEY DNT HAVE TO DO SHIT FOR YOU.Sure, it's always easier to state that after the fact. However, I lived in Florida for 9 years and whenever ANY storm came my way that my family thought could be trouble, we were gone.

AND U SAY ITS A MORON TO STAY BC U DNT KNOW JUST HOW BAD THE STORM IS GONNA BE? LOOK AT ALL THE PPL THAT LOOT AND SHIT DURING STORMS. U DNT KNOW IF PPL WAS TRYING TO PROTECT THEIR SHIT BC IF THE STORM HADNT DESTROYED EVERYTHING THEY WOULD STILL COME BACK TO NOTHING BC PPL MIGHTVE STOLE IT ALL.I made reference to the people turning on each other in my first definitive post. To be honest, I'd be more fearful of the storm taking away my stuff than some bum from Bourbon St. If that retard is going to wade thru flooding waters to get the booze from my wine cabinet, then he can have it.

WE CAN GO BACK AND FORTH ON THIS SHIT BUT I SAID MY PART. THEM PPL THAT TOOK THE SUPPORT AND ABUSED IT GETS NO SYMPATHY AND THEY PPL THAT DIED BC THEY FELT THEY HAD NOWHERE TO GO, COULD GO, OR STAYED TRYING TO PROTECT WHAT LITTLE THEY DID HAVE I FEEL BAD FOR. THEY PPL STRUGGLING TO MAKE IT OR WHO ARE MAKING IT AFTER STARTING FROM SCRATCH, I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO AND THEY GET MUCH RESPECT.That's straight and I agree with you on this. I still think that there's nothing worth standing thru a huge-@ss storm for when the gambling price could be either your or a loved one's life.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-29-2006, 02:27 PM
damn time flies by fast