PDA

View Full Version : How will JB weld hold up to high heat, and shaking?

JoeyKazez
08-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Part of the pipe on my pocketbike ripped off (it is now a hole in the side of the pipe), and it can be easily JB welded in place, but I'm wondering if it will just fall off quickly, or melt? I used some Loctite Epoxy, and the damn stuff just melted right off. If anyone has suggestions for a better solution for how to get that thing stuck on there, and will be able to stand up to heat and vibrating, please tell me.

thepolecat
08-28-2006, 07:18 PM
very well- jb welded a bmw block back together about 2 years ago and it is going strong

drmcivicsi
08-28-2006, 07:50 PM
weld it back on

§treet_§peed
08-28-2006, 08:36 PM
JB weld FTW!!! all you need is some duct tape, zip ties, and JB weld and you can fix anything!! and if you can't fix it with that stuff...thro it away..:D but of course you know that, your sig says it all..:D

JoeyKazez
08-28-2006, 08:51 PM
JB weld FTW!!! all you need is some duct tape, zip ties, and JB weld and you can fix anything!! and if you can't fix it with that stuff...thro it away..:D but of course you know that, your sig says it all..:D

hahahah it sure will :D honestly I really can't think of too many things that cannot be fixed with JB weld, zip ties, and duct tape.

thanks for the advice guys, drmcivicsi, I would do that if I could get it done very quickly, but the guy who can weld it has work and will have to wait till later on to weld broken stuff I got (btw, anyone think JB weld will work for attaching broken bars that hold up an engine on a go-kart?)

HiPSI
08-28-2006, 08:55 PM
hahahah it sure will :D honestly I really can't think of too many things that cannot be fixed with JB weld, zip ties, and duct tape.

thanks for the advice guys, drmcivicsi, I would do that if I could get it done very quickly, but the guy who can weld it has work and will have to wait till later on to weld broken stuff I got (btw, anyone think JB weld will work for attaching broken bars that hold up an engine on a go-kart?)

the answers to your questions are:

no

no

no

no

no

no

ummmmm..... no

and another NO just for good measure.

§treet_§peed
08-28-2006, 08:57 PM
if you get the really really stong shit it should for a little bit...also put duct tape around to help...:d put it really all depends on how you drive..ruff as hell will cause it to break again..but try it anyways..it's worth a shot..lol

HiPSI
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
people.... it's an EXHAUST PIPE. JBWeld will burn/melt, just like the other stuff you used. but i guess if you like fire under your arse then go with the JB/Duct tape solution.

§treet_§peed
08-28-2006, 09:43 PM
:lmfao: i agree but still!:D