PDA

View Full Version : looking for a mobile mechanic! please help!!!

DrunkScotsman
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM
heres the scoop... about two months ago i bought a 90 civic hb , while drivin it home realized something was wrong , i had a buddy look at it , and come to find out i was down one cyl , so i decided that there was no way to pass emissions , i would do a swap , i had my friend put a d16a6 ( that i bought from cardesigns) in my car , the swap has been a nightmare , we had probs with dizzy , injectors half shaft , and a few other things , to make a long story short , my buddy ( who works for AAP) has pretty much given up on my car since he has already been paid for the labor of the swap , but now i'm gettin to to crunch time and have to get this runnin right , so i can get my drivin permit (dui) and start my 6 month suspension , i am willing to throw some one some cash to come over and help me troubleshoot what is left to be done , i havent been drivin for about 2 and a half yrs due to my mishap , and am itchin to drive my car , its gettin really old bummin rides , if any one could please help it would be greatly appreciated , i work 3rd shift so i am usually up for a while during the day , i get off at 7am , and dont have to be back at work until 10:30 , help!!!!!!!:cry:

SLow_POke
08-28-2006, 06:32 PM
heres the scoop... about two months ago i bought a 90 civic hb , while drivin it home realized something was wrong , i had a buddy look at it , and come to find out i was down one cyl , so i decided that there was no way to pass emissions , i would do a swap , i had my friend put a d16a6 ( that i bought from cardesigns) in my car , the swap has been a nightmare , we had probs with dizzy , injectors half shaft , and a few other things , to make a long story short , my buddy ( who works for AAP) has pretty much given up on my car since he has already been paid for the labor of the swap , but now i'm gettin to to crunch time and have to get this runnin right , so i can get my drivin permit (dui) and start my 6 month suspension , i am willing to throw some one some cash to come over and help me troubleshoot what is left to be done , i havent been drivin for about 2 and a half yrs due to my mishap , and am itchin to drive my car , its gettin really old bummin rides , if any one could please help it would be greatly appreciated , i work 3rd shift so i am usually up for a while during the day , i get off at 7am , and dont have to be back at work until 10:30 , help!!!!!!!:cry:
Ill be happy to help if your around the Douglasville area. so im pretty sure u posted up what is wrong with your carbut im going to ask anyway to link me to it see what help i can be .

-Ernie

DrunkScotsman
08-28-2006, 06:42 PM
i am up here in gwinnett , it is idlin kinda rough , and my alt is not pushin out what it should be , the alt is from original engine and it worked fine with the old engine , my ecu is spittin out three dif codes , one i know of , (cat , , not hooked up yet) , and the other two i dont know , i think there is still some wiring issues left to troubleshoot too

SLow_POke
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
i am up here in gwinnett , it is idlin kinda rough , and my alt is not pushin out what it should be , the alt is from original engine and it worked fine with the old engine , my ecu is spittin out three dif codes , one i know of , (cat , , not hooked up yet) , and the other two i dont know , i think there is still some wiring issues left to troubleshoot too you must have mixed up 2 sensors . do you know how to get the trouble codes, would help alot.

the alternator should be an easy fix. u can have autozone test it for free if its not charging and you sure it works might look into the rectifier. in the alt

-Ernie

***EDITED*** didnt really want to type all this so heres a link

http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/06.php

§treet_§peed
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
^^ good points bro...:goodjob:

i4_garage
08-28-2006, 10:07 PM
mixing up the 2 sensors is always the first cause...check that out

DrunkScotsman
08-29-2006, 07:10 AM
i know these are noob questions but , where would these 2 sensors be? and how do i know if they are plugged in wrong? thanx for helpin fellas:goodjob:

DrunkScotsman
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
bump for some help

SLow_POke
08-29-2006, 05:05 PM
im not saying thats the problem, its s possibility.

check your codes and we go form there

-Ernie

DrunkScotsman
08-30-2006, 07:37 AM
mods , could you please lock this or delete it , my boy actually came thru for me and got my shit up and runnin , it is in the shop as i type gettin my exhaust done , thank you to everyone who posted or atleast checked out my thread , i have IA itis , i'm probably worse than those myspace junkies! , love the site you fellas are holdin it down !

SLow_POke
08-30-2006, 03:48 PM
mods , could you please lock this or delete it , my boy actually came thru for me and got my shit up and runnin , it is in the shop as i type gettin my exhaust done , thank you to everyone who posted or atleast checked out my thread , i have IA itis , i'm probably worse than those myspace junkies! , love the site you fellas are holdin it down !

so what was the problem ?

-Ernie

DrunkScotsman
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
a relay and some wiring was wrong , i still have a small timing issue , but my boy is comin over tomorrow to fix that

SLow_POke
08-30-2006, 04:57 PM
a relay and some wiring was wrong , i still have a small timing issue , but my boy is comin over tomorrow to fix that

glad your gettting it taken care of .:goodjob:

-Ernie