PDA

View Full Version : Misc Apache Cafe

PhatbacK
08-26-2006, 10:49 PM
hey guys i went and checked this place out tonight and it was pretty cool!! they had live bands playing...that had this act that was 2 guys...one was black and the other white...and they sounded like jimi hendrix mixed with outkast...the black guy played guitar ...it was pretty cool! if no one has checked it out ..do so...its by the varsity....very chill place :goodjob:

GTScoob
08-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Tuesdays are open mic night. Its always a good time and the PBRs are pretty cheap.

ARFNSX
08-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Pretty good spot and sometimes relaxing. Been there many of times.

PhatbacK
08-27-2006, 01:11 PM
ewwwww cant do PBR. but ya it was a very chill place....i never even knew it was right where it was...not bad at all. it kinda smelled funny though

GTScoob
08-27-2006, 03:29 PM
ewwwww cant do PBR. but ya it was a very chill place....i never even knew it was right where it was...not bad at all. it kinda smelled funny though

Reefer? Thats all I normally smell in there, reefer and BO.

PhAtBoYMr2
08-27-2006, 10:32 PM
apachee is cool, i used to go there alot for the open mic on tuesday, The same rappers always win but theres some talent that goes in and out that place.

thinkfast®
09-18-2006, 12:21 PM
yea plenty of talent.. mark you down to roll this tuesday or what nigga, dees bringin some homegirls

HvyArms
09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
yea plenty of talent.. mark you down to roll this tuesday or what nigga, dees bringin some homegirls

Tuesday at Apache? Im down

PhAtBoYMr2
09-18-2006, 01:09 PM

Yeah nigga im down, if i get drunk enough i might challenge pierre

HvyArms
09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
can I go can I go

thinkfast®
09-18-2006, 02:06 PM
lol thats whats up then mark, I would probly die from laughter, damn haitian battle rappers

yo hvyarms, your welcome to come through man, u know where its at right? we're comin from gwinnett so if u get there early enough grab a table lol

HvyArms
09-18-2006, 03:10 PM
lol thats whats up then mark, I would probly die from laughter, damn haitian battle rappers

yo hvyarms, your welcome to come through man, u know where its at right? we're comin from gwinnett so if u get there early enough grab a table lol

Yeah I know where, but what time does it begin? I usually just chill at the bar, but if we need a table then I should get there early.What is it, 8?

thinkfast®
09-18-2006, 03:54 PM
8? naw man, it dont start til 10 or so, but the tables fill up pretty quick.. lemme know if you down for sure

HvyArms
09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
8? naw man, it dont start til 10 or so, but the tables fill up pretty quick.. lemme know if you down for sure

Yeah I'm in, I live like 15 minutes away from there.

Tasuki_Civic
09-19-2006, 07:01 AM
just to let you guys know if you didnt know.............apache is open everyday of the week. the most popular days are sunday, tuesday, and every first friday... i think?

but its open everyday and if you have have a last minute date its a nice place to go. the hold all kinds of thing like open mic, talent shows, poetry, live local and professional bands and rappers. modeling promotion of design the list can go on.

i recommend for anyone to check that place out. its one of my favorite spots in atlanta.

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 08:10 AM
I know, I go there all the time.

Flip
09-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Yah that place is pretty cool. I like the nights where they have mc battles... those are fun. and yeah, that place is filled with chiba... the host guy is usually smokin something when he's not on stage LOL

thinkfast®
09-19-2006, 09:21 AM
yo me and Dres (host) hit a blunt in the back a couple months ago, haha.. hes cool as hell

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 09:23 AM
yo me and Dres (host) hit a blunt in the back a couple months ago, haha.. hes cool as hell

he and I used to have a group, the 4 kings. I didnt even know he still hosted on Tuesdays. thats whats up. so what time?

PhAtBoYMr2
09-19-2006, 09:24 AM
first to clutch first to bust

thinkfast®
09-19-2006, 09:24 AM
you were down w/ 4 kings ent?

thinkfast®
09-19-2006, 09:26 AM
first to clutch first to bust

ahahaha.. yo mark, wanna roll up to the pad and we cruise from here or what.. I guess around 10?

PhAtBoYMr2
09-19-2006, 09:35 AM
yeah nigga we makin brian drive again or i think its dee's turn

thinkfast®
09-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I think its dees turn, well, we could pile in the Lincoln.. brian outta state anyways lol

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 10:08 AM
you were down w/ 4 kings ent?

yeah man, this was back in the day too. before everybody disbanded

thinkfast®
09-19-2006, 10:09 AM
who disbanded? far as I know they were still cool? I know Ox passed in '04 but I thougt it was the same crew.. you gotta fill me in tonite

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 11:11 AM
who disbanded? far as I know they were still cool? I know Ox passed in '04 but I thougt it was the same crew.. you gotta fill me in tonite

Damn that was 04, cant believe it was that long ago. Everyone is still cool, but the original 4 kings are no more. And this was even before if was 4 kings ent. Because Dres kept the name, but we all kinda stopped pushing the way Dres does. Dres is the host for Tonight?

thinkfast®
09-19-2006, 11:18 AM
yea man, dres still hosts mic club, he'll be up there.. thats cool man, well I'll see u up there tonite, just look for a bald headed mo fo w/ a LA hat, haha.. naw hit me up on the cell, 404.969.7223

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah so 10 should be cool for me, I'ma hit you around 9 I guess. Might not stay the whole night, my ex wants to "talk", but if I see her before I go to Apache I'll never make it because she'll be talking all yr.

Tasuki_Civic
09-19-2006, 12:59 PM
he and I used to have a group, the 4 kings. I didnt even know he still hosted on Tuesdays. thats whats up. so what time?

wow really?? i remember "tHA fOUR kINGS" i used to go to those events yall had downtown where tha Vortex is at right now on peachtree st.

dres was inlove with my big sis at the time and then her roomate.....well whatever but thats how i knew dres. his lil brother used to have this big crush on me and i loved him so much but we never took it anywhere cause i guess i just didnt like him like that. but he had the greatest personality.

anyway after i stopped goin cause it closed down....i was lookin for some other places to go and i thats how i go into apache cuz apache used to be a jazz club but it was called somethin else back then.

hahaha those were tha good days

Tasuki_Civic
09-19-2006, 01:03 PM
funny things is 4kings ent. was the first poetry spot i ever hit. ever since i was hooked.

im surprised to see some pple on IA are into that scene

thinkfast®
09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
cmon tasuki, you just thought I was some dumb gangbanger huh, I got culture girl, I'm down for the cause

you trippin lol

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 02:31 PM
funny things is 4kings ent. was the first poetry spot i ever hit. ever since i was hooked.

im surprised to see some pple on IA are into that scene

Yeah back then Apache was Club Yin Yang, damn girl that was a whiiiiiile ago? You do poetry?

Tasuki_Civic
09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
cmon tasuki, you just thought I was some dumb gangbanger huh, I got culture girl, I'm down for the cause

you trippin lol
lol los siento......hey you can neva tell what kind of person people are on IA. some of these people are missing a couple of screws.

Yeah back then Apache was Club Yin Yang, damn girl that was a whiiiiiile ago? You do poetry?

YEEAA!! Ying yang thats tha name of it. it was on tha tip of my tounge.

yea i do poetry! but one thing about it ive never got on stage with it. lol too nervous ya know. its like tellin the whole world my personal thoughts. and sometimes it hard as shit to tell one person. id get so scred i'll fuck up.

if you look on my blog theres a picture of a note pad. whats written on there is part of the begining of one of my poems. they always come out to sounding like im rapping but their poems.

you do poetry as well?

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 07:05 PM
you do poetry as well?

You know what, actually I flow. I started rapping a few years ago, and I still do it from time to time. Just recently though, a few friends and I have started the spoken word thing. It's more fun to me, because there's no beat to hide behind, it's just you. I still get nervous on stage, I'm trying to figure out if I'm gonna put my name on the list tonight or not.

Oddly enough, I only get nervous at small places. I think it's because I can actually see individuals, in 01 I did a song with Common and CeeLo at the tabernacle, and that place is huge it has 3 balconies. The crowd was rediculous, and we went on before Jill Scott....it was nuts...but I was cool there because there were way too many people to just focus on one woman at a table who keeps staring...but maybe I will go up tonight, who knows?

Tasuki_Civic
09-19-2006, 07:12 PM
You know what, actually I flow. I started rapping a few years ago, and I still do it from time to time. Just recently though, a few friends and I have started the spoken word thing. It's more fun to me, because there's no beat to hide behind, it's just you. I still get nervous on stage, I'm trying to figure out if I'm gonna put my name on the list tonight or not.

Oddly enough, I only get nervous at small places. I think it's because I can actually see individuals, in 01 I did a song with Common and CeeLo at the tabernacle, and that place is huge it has 3 balconies. The crowd was rediculous, and we went on before Jill Scott....it was nuts...but I was cool there because there were way too many people to just focus on one woman at a table who keeps staring...but maybe I will go up tonight, who knows?

when was this.....

wierd thing is i always motivate others to share themselves on tha mic but i neva do it. wish i could come see you do your thing. the ride had an emergency so no goin out tonite

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 07:20 PM
This was 01, if I remember correctly. Common was touring with Jill, but his Album was out "Like Chocolate for Water". Jill did, I think the song is called Long Walk? ANyway she did a few cuts, they loved her. made our set look like nothing

Tasuki_Civic
09-19-2006, 07:40 PM
dog thats so funny...my girlfriend and i went down there and thought we could get tickets while up there and they were sold out. so we were outside listnen to it for a bit then we left. i was so upset that night

HvyArms
09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
dog thats so funny...my girlfriend and i went down there and thought we could get tickets while up there and they were sold out. so we were outside listnen to it for a bit then we left. i was so upset that night

yeah it was an incredible show. back then I didnt even really know who Jill was, so when we were introduced I was kinda blah about it. The woman is truly talented

Tasuki_Civic
09-20-2006, 11:33 AM
yeah it was an incredible show. back then I didnt even really know who Jill was, so when we were introduced I was kinda blah about it. The woman is truly talented

wow you didnt know who she was.......?!?!?! aaah maan i would have loved to be in your shoes then. i adored her when she first came out. and i had first dips on her album around the time it came out cause i worked at music warehouse back then.

and commmon....i would have hugged him and neva let him go. im sure the crowd was massive.

can only imgaine. thats a classic memory. hold on to that one. hope you took pics

HvyArms
09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
wow you didnt know who she was.......?!?!?! aaah maan i would have loved to be in your shoes then. i adored her when she first came out. and i had first dips on her album around the time it came out cause i worked at music warehouse back then.

and commmon....i would have hugged him and neva let him go. im sure the crowd was massive.

can only imgaine. thats a classic memory. hold on to that one. hope you took pics

Common was cool, but he was calling the women in the audience hoes. I wasnt really shocked though, just a little...hmmm disturbed.

quickdodge®
09-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Tonto. Jump on it. Jump on it. Jump on it.
Kemosabi. Jump on it. Jump on it. Jump on it.
Custer. Jump on it. Jump on it. Jump on it.
Apache. Jump on it. Jump on it. Jump on it.

Later, QD.

Tasuki_Civic
09-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Common was cool, but he was calling the women in the audience hoes. I wasnt really shocked though, just a little...hmmm disturbed.

what? realyl? wow.