PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' closer to 500 lmao...

HyPer50
08-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Welp just found out the new numbers for my new motor, it's on a break in tune right now... so we'll have to wait a lil bit before goin' a bit more aggressive, but it pulled a 483rwhp/461ft-lbs run. Maybe I'll hit 500 once we retune it, but it's cool. I'm just happy that I'll have a reliable car again lmao.

candy2082002
08-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Welp just found out the new numbers for my new motor, it's on a break in tune right now... so we'll have to wait a lil bit before goin' a bit more aggressive, but it pulled a 483rwhp/461ft-lbs run. Maybe I'll hit 500 once we retune it, but it's cool. I'm just happy that I'll have a reliable car again lmao.

HOLY CRAP to 500 that is CRAZY......ummm yeah dunno what tha means lol thought I would reply cause you rock my socks....and your cars crazy awesome:bump:

GTScoob
08-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Normally aspirated still?

David88vert
08-26-2006, 06:39 AM
I'm just happy that I'll have a reliable car again lmao.

That's where I am trying to get back to on my Mustang also. I gave up on getting more power for now. Right now I just want to be able to drive it. Have no time to tune it myself, and the only tuner that I can find around here with any knowledge is only open M-F (when I work). Can't get the car out to him.

HyPer50
08-26-2006, 12:04 PM
That's where I am trying to get back to on my Mustang also. I gave up on getting more power for now. Right now I just want to be able to drive it. Have no time to tune it myself, and the only tuner that I can find around here with any knowledge is only open M-F (when I work). Can't get the car out to him.

Not sure where you live, but Jeff Harris over at Prospeed is basically the best pushrod tuner around. 770-222-5015. Prospeed is over in Powder Springs/Austell, over by Mainstream auto or whatever.

HyPer50
08-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Normally aspirated still?

Nahhhh it's got a Vortech V2-SQ pushin' about 13psi

David88vert
08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Not sure where you live, but Jeff Harris over at Prospeed is basically the best pushrod tuner around. 770-222-5015. Prospeed is over in Powder Springs/Austell, over by Mainstream auto or whatever.

I've already talked to him. I'm sure he would be fine for regular tuning, but my setup is above his level of knowledge. After talking to him, I realized that he is an old school chip burning guy, and he did not understand 16-bit computer technology. He has never tuned a Motec (but had heard of them). He did not know what a Haltech, Autronic, or Wolf even was (never heard of them). And he definately did not understand the difference between 8-bit and 16-bit technology. He would still be fine if I didn't already have the ECU (because a SCT would do the job for my littel bit of horsepower), but I already have the AEM. His solution - sell the brand new AEM at a huge loss and buy a SCT from him. That is not an option to me.

Basically, I don't feel comfortable with his tuning capabilities with my setup. I have had lots of bikes and cars (street and race) tuned by some of the top tuners in the world. I have used many different tuning systems, and I have tuned quite a few street cars myself.

I do like a lot of their work though and I will be sending my car there for other work, like suspension and probably motor work. I am confident in their abilities on those items.

I am having Tommy Higgins tune it when I can get it over to his shop. His shop originally built the car, and did the original tuning. It worked great until the ECU died. I don't have time to work on my cars with all of the craziness at work.

Big Baller
08-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Jeff can tune FAST, its not really that diffrent than AEM. He will be tuning my mustang with the aem on it next week. Personally I wouldnt let Tommy Higgins tune my dog but thats just my opinion.

If you want the AEM tuned I would take it to someone that does alot of AEMs I.E. Batlground.

Matt

David88vert
08-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Dan's a good tuner, and if it was on a 240, Supra, etc., I would have him tune it. Dan doesn't tune a lot of old Mustangs, so I don't expect him to know the best timing, sensor quirks, etc.

I'm looking for a very specific tune, and I don't feel confident that Jeff Harris understands how to do it. I know Tommy Higgins does, because he already did it on this same car before. He is not my first choice for tuning, but it is too much hastle to bring in one of our tuners for just this one street car (not to mention cost).

I like FAST, but I already have a AEM and I am sticking with it.

HyPer50
08-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Dunno, I dont need all that engine management crap yet lol.. So for what I have, Jeff does a great job and know he tunes some very fast stuff, guess he just isn't too far into the electrical side of it, but he's the man when it comes to pushrod tuning.

David88vert
08-27-2006, 08:07 AM
That's exactly what I was saying also. I have no doubt of his ability to build a car, or to burn a good chip. I just don't happen to have that setup.

hydroshutter
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Congrats

Spoolin250
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Jeff Harris not knowing what he is doing? hell he tunes some of the fastest on the street and strip. i don't know what everyones big deal with using all these aftermarket management systems for. they are worthless unless making well over the 600hp mark or on a large boosted turbo or blower setup. but hey Jeff tunes all my shit and nothing is ever wrong. i would stand by Jeff Harris anyday. i have had stuff done by Tommy Higgins and my ass still hurts from the raping he gave me. Prospeed all the way.

HyPer50
08-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Prospeed all the way.

Definatly.

David88vert
08-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Jeff Harris not knowing what he is doing?

Read again. I didn't say that he wasn't a great engine builder, or that he couldn't tune with 8bit chips. I didn't say he doesn't build fast cars. He is definately a good guy to go to. However, in my situation, and with my equipment, he could not give me proper answers to question that I KNOW the answer to. He does not currently have the experience with the equipment that I have. That does not mean that he could not learn it quickly, and do a great job. But he was not looking to do that. His solution was for me to throw away a brand new $1600 16bit ecu, and buy a cheaper, lower grade 8bit ecu from him.
However, at my current horsepower level and setup, I am sure that he could do a good job tuning it with a SCT. But that is not what I have. If I didn't already have my AEM, I would probably have let him do it all.
ProSpeed is a great shop, and does great work - IMO. This is just one instance where it is better for me in this situation to take the car elsewhere for this task. BTW - I am not looking for max power, but rather maximum daily driveability. There is a big difference when you are tuning.

FAHHQUE700
09-08-2006, 04:22 PM
When did Jeff become an SCT dealer???

IndianStig
09-08-2006, 07:40 PM
got NAWS?

really.....use a 50shot or something, how much could your motor handle?

WINDSOR
09-14-2006, 06:57 PM
The FAST/BS3 is much easier to tune then an AEM plus you have a lot of good FAST tuners in the area such as petty,brad brand etc....AEM is still kind of new and from what i've read they are still working out some bugs on the mustang software but for a street car its the best system out there imo. I think though for Davids setup AEM is a bit overkill.

Jeff does great work but if he hasn't tuned an AEM system before on a mustang i really wouldn't want my motor to be his guinea pig so i agree with what David is saying.

I know one of the best tuners of AEMs for mustangs is out in Arizona,,Steve cole with Mental addiction motorsports. He had a turbo sn95 making over 1000 rwhp with an AEM and has done a bunch of cars. It kind of sucks though around here there isn't as much experience with the AEM on anything else but imports.

NevrNufTorq
03-30-2007, 10:32 PM
congrats chris!! awesome

GSRtegŪ
03-31-2007, 12:05 AM
Congrats man :goodjob: