PDA

View Full Version : Random Sorry guys... 1025HP M3... DEFINATELY Street car this time...

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 09:34 AM
LISTEN TO THE FUEL PUMP IN THIS THING

I need it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7rkMIjByk

Tank
08-25-2006, 09:41 AM
yeah i remember seeing that bmw definitly sexy the thing i like is how clean those engine bays look but definitly nice

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Yep thats a sweet car, are you trying to prove something about BMWs

ka-t_Zenki
08-25-2006, 10:09 AM
damn.. and thats a daily driver

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Yep thats a sweet car, are you trying to prove something about BMWs

nope

but they are the ultimate driving machine...

i dont search or see anything else... so BMWs is all i find

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
nope

LMAO Ultimate Driving Machine, nothing german will ever be the ultimate driving machine

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
LMAO Ultimate Driving Machine, nothing german will ever be the ultimate driving machine

ur obviously ignorant...

wow...

please explain

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 11:09 AM
You are obviously a BMW snob, I like BMWs I think they are nice cars but as far as the ultimate driving machine they are nowhere even close.

They might be a very well rounded car but they arent the ultimate anything.

So many cars that do so much better.

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
You are obviously a BMW snob, I like BMWs I think they are nice cars but as far as the ultimate driving machine they are nowhere even close.

They might be a very well rounded car but they arent the ultimate anything.

So many cars that do so much better.

again a broad comment with no factional based arguement...

still the ultima driving machine until proven otherwise...

hmmm when a new sports coupe comes out... what car does it get compared to?

M3

new sports sedan what do they compare it to
bmw 3 series

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Tell me this why does the new M3 get its ass handed to it by cars that are half the price IE. EVO and STI

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Tell me this why does the new M3 get its ass handed to it by cars that are half the price IE. EVO and STI

hmm the current m3 came out in 2001... BEFORE the evo and STI..

and it it 1 second slower around the track compared to the Evo and STI...

EVO and STI have AWD giving them an advantage already...

then u factor int hat the sti and evo are brand new... and the m3 is 6 yeasrs old... wait for new m3... then talk

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 11:30 AM

1/2 price...
hmmm 30-35 for evo

45-50 for the m3...

yah 1/2 price

the m3 is better track car and performance car all around

im sorry...

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 11:35 AM
1/2 price...
hmmm 30-35 for evo

45-50 for the m3...

yah 1/2 price

the m3 is better track car and performance car all around

im sorry...

Damn youre fucking stupid, I mean its almost painful to read youre post. I didnt know that anyone could be that blindly bias towards one brand.

What a fucking dumbass

Repost Squintz
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
hoooooollllyyyyyyyyyyy ssssshhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaattt;
anyways back to your regular programmed bashing. :D

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Damn youre fucking stupid, I mean its almost painful to read youre post. I didnt know that anyone could be that blindly bias towards one brand.

What a fucking dumbass

yup

im a dumbass...

funny how ive kept up with STIs and EVOs on the track... and i dont even have the new m3...

your the moron dude.. if u think the STI and EVO are better track cars than the M3 u seriously need some help...

barely anyone even races the STI and EVO on road courses... if they are sooo badass why arent they racing htem in speed world challenge or speed touring series?

and STI is getting owned in WRC by fucking citroen!!! and Mitsu is out for 2 years of the WRC...

god damn dude... im done with this thread because u just cant stand it that BMW is the ultimate driving machine

oh yah and my bmw isnt filled with plastic shit like those two fucking jap cars... cheap interiors... STI eats tires because of suspension issues YAH for POSITIVE CAMBER UP FRONT

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 12:10 PM
lol

Youre Mad

I win

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
lol

Youre Mad

I win

ok sweet

back to thread.. that bmw is sick

Jaimecbr900
08-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Very nice clean install. Props. :goodjob:

Nice car.

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 12:17 PM
If you can run a faster time than me at the next track day then I will pay for youre entry fee.

Matt

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 12:22 PM
If you can run a faster time than me at the next track day then I will pay for youre entry fee.

Matt

my next event will prolly be march drivers school at Road Atlanta with BMWCCA... this years track even fund has almost been sucked dry...

so unless something else comes up... an IA little talledega or something else...
we shall see

Sport1.3
08-25-2006, 01:53 PM
im with matt...id rather have a Mercedes or an Audi if i had to have a german car. And by no means is an BMW the Ultimate driving machine haha. its a nice car man, but get over yourself lol

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 03:06 PM
im with matt...id rather have a Mercedes or an Audi if i had to have a german car. And by no means is an BMW the Ultimate driving machine haha. its a nice car man, but get over yourself lol

u obviously dont research or know much about german cars...

audis are a wiring nightmare

and mercedes spend more time in the shop than on the road

WhiteAccord
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
nice

Sport1.3
08-25-2006, 03:54 PM
u obviously dont research or know much about german cars...

and mercedes spend more time in the shop than on the road

HAHA you obviously dont watch much of the DTM touring cars in germany...AUDI is the way to go...and mercedes has been giving BMW a run for its money ever since the 190E was raping the e30's back in the day...get off your damn high horse and grow up :lmfao:

gbrookie71
08-25-2006, 04:00 PM
u obviously dont research or know much about German cars...

and Mercedes spend more time in the shop than on the road

what does wiring and shop time have to do with the ultimate driving experience

Ran
08-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Nice vid and props to a well tuned vehicle! :goodjob:

hmmm when a new sports coupe comes out... what car does it get compared to?

M3

new sports sedan what do they compare it to
bmw 3 seriesComparisons are a pretty weak way to support an argument. I mean, when the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 came out, they compared it's handling to that of a Miata.

Don't get me wrong, I loved BMW until the new body styles came out and tarnished the brand. I would love to own an M3 and I think it's a very well balanced machine. Yes, I find it to be a great performer in all areas, but it doesn't really accel superiorly in any area in general. Just my :2cents:.

skillzilla
08-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Nice, Id hit it :) Didnt hear the fuel pump though...maybe it was the dyno roller spinning.

kendogg
08-25-2006, 06:45 PM

On a track, perhaps slightly. On the street, in a straight line, your sadly mistaken son. The STi gets WALKED by the new M3, and the E36 (95-99) pulls away from one over 100-120-ish. Kinda depends on how good of a launch both drivers get, or if it's a highway drag, ya know, that AWD is a killer for the M3, but by 100 it's definitely reeling the STi in, and normally passing it by 120.

kendogg
08-25-2006, 06:48 PM

Eww. You couldn't pay me to drive ANYTHING built by VW/Audi. And although a merc is a nice car, rarely has there ever been a mercedes that does EVERYTHING a BMW does as well or better. Better mild mannered street car, perhaps, but definitely not better on the track, or with very spirited driving. Hell, you can barely even get many Mercedes with stick's anymore. Very rarely does MB build anything that can beat a matching BMW.

kendogg
08-25-2006, 06:49 PM
what does wiring and shop time have to do with the ultimate driving experience

It's hard to have the ultimate driving experience if you can't drive it.

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
HAHA you obviously dont watch much of the DTM touring cars in germany...AUDI is the way to go...and mercedes has been giving BMW a run for its money ever since the 190E was raping the e30's back in the day...get off your damn high horse and grow up :lmfao:

this shows that u definately dont know WHAT THE FUCK u are talking bout... specially motorsport history

the e30 is the winniest chassis in motorsport history...
haahhaah nice try though

im not on a high horse but if u think mercedes and audi builds a better track car ur insane

2.3 Evo 8
08-25-2006, 10:41 PM
M3 sucks balls! I drag their ass down the road all the time.

...it is amusing to wait for them to catch up and get the "snob" look they all love to give after getting their ass handed to them by the Evo.

I don't even want to mention what I would do to it on a road course.

Maybe you need to experience more cars before making such a bias statement.

man
08-25-2006, 11:30 PM
M3s are nice but I'll stick with the GT3 as my ultimate driving machine.

thinkskater
08-25-2006, 11:35 PM
wow that was amazing , the car looked so fucking stock, even retained the dorky wheels :goodjob: saaaaaaaaaaleeper!

xliv2racex
08-26-2006, 06:03 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/autos/cr_auto_reliability/
http://www.reflector.com/money/content/shared/money/stories/clark/0406/041111cars.html
http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

Take your pick of the links, they all pretty much say the same thing, Euros are trash and if they Are daily driven its not for too long......

Yeah it might just be quick, but it will quickly break as well.
**not meant to step on toes, just summarizing what the people who get payed professionally to rate cars** so if you have a euro.... im sorry

The Yousef
08-26-2006, 06:21 PM
...i just creamed my pants :(

kendogg
08-26-2006, 07:14 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/autos/cr_auto_reliability/
http://www.reflector.com/money/content/shared/money/stories/clark/0406/041111cars.html
http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

Take your pick of the links, they all pretty much say the same thing, Euros are trash and if they Are daily driven its not for too long......

Yeah it might just be quick, but it will quickly break as well.
**not meant to step on toes, just summarizing what the people who get payed professionally to rate cars** so if you have a euro.... im sorry

I could care less what people who prefessionally rate cars say. I know from personal experience. Up untill about 2000, Euro's, with good maintenence, will last as long as japanese cars. As fara s the 2000+ models, IDK, I'm still holding my tongue, as son of the newst BMW's, Benzes, and VA/Audi products have thrown more useless electronic gizmo's that ever into their cars ready to break, so, I'm not sure what to think yet. Sorry, but I'll take another 250k mile BMW or MB to drive cross country any day over any 205k+ Jap or american car.

speedminded
08-28-2006, 03:05 AM
I can take this arguement either way, the Raceworks Del Sol(s) eat up M3's on the track, but does it have the feel and styling of the bimmer...not even close.

As for being the ultimate driving machine, it's not just the m3 or m5 but each and every bmw made was built with both handling and comfort in mind. The only other company you can compare it to is Porsche but they are no where near as well rounded...4 doors, 2 doors, convertibles, and SUV's...w/ a large price range.

Nearly every new sports car/sports sedan is STILL compared to an M3/M5, that must tell you something. If I had the cash to build up an M3 and have an M5 for a daily both would be in my garage. I'm not even going to talk about the M3 GTR.

For those that doubt BMW, what models have you driven?

Crazy Asian
08-28-2006, 03:48 AM
My mom has the X3 with the 2.5...not the best but ya it comfortable. I got beat by and RX330. I cried. But I love BMWs. Especially the X5 with the 4.4.

Jaimecbr900
08-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Whomever is talking about reliability of German cars obviously hasn't daily driven one for very long. What BMW tops ANY reliability report done by anyone remotely independent? The 3 series has always been the benchmark because it was good all around, but in recent years that gap has been exponentially shortened by several cars that are not only less expensive but far more reliable too. It won't be long before the 3 series will drop down to 2nd place. As a matter of fact in this month's Motor Trend they pitted the Infiniti G35 against it and the Infiniti stomped the 3 series in just about every category including acceleration, braking, value, fit and finish, etc. The only category it didn't win was the slalom and that was only marginally. I still don't see how they gave the BMW the nod for first place after getting beat in just about every category..... :thinking: ....but they did. But even BMW loving journalist all agree that it's a matter of time unless BMW pulls a rabbit out of a hat soon.

The M3 and the M5 are indeed very nice. Their powerplants and suspensions are indeed race pedigreed. I'd drive the wheels off an M5 in a heartbeat, no doubt. As far as the "ultimate" driving machine......there are indeed others out there, albeit far more expensive, that certainly would give that title a very good claim as well. They are fun to drive, but their reliability is questionable IMO.

DinanM3atl
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
For those that doubt BMW, what models have you driven?

RIGHT THERE... most of the people in this thread are pretty level headed, like the guy with the Lexus...

but as jason said(and he drives an acura) when did u drive the SHIT out of a BMW... even just a 325... hell even a 5 series...

I would be willing to bet that most of u havent... you scoff at them and say "fucking piece of shit, that guy got fucking raped on price when he bought it... blah blah blah blah"

Drive one then talk shit...

The guy with the EVO... congratualations... u have a race team sponsered evo... YOU ARE THE COOLEST... and you beat stock M3s driven by middle aged guys!!!! you are SOOOOO AWESOME... you are my hero... get a life dude... u have a modified turbo car...

The new BMWs and euros are loaded up with electronic gizmos...
Let me fill in you guys on here knocking BMW reliability...
Person A buys a 745LI... cant figure out how to use IDrive... so he brings it in for service... that counts as a BREAK DOWN... beacuse someone cant read the owners manual... learn before you speak...
Do i have to find links to post for high mileage bmws... again
477K out of an e30 in CHICAGO!!! he has done clutch jobs...
250K on kendogs 5 series
he had another 1984 5 series that he just sold and we drove it from new york and a 3.5L I-6 with over 200K got 33MPG on the highway...
thats as good as some new 6 cylinder hondas...
BMWs M3 engine.. the 3.2L I-6 gets top ranking in 6 cylinder 3.0L-3.5L everyyear...

oh and if u read MOTOR TREND, car and driver etc for car reviews and good comparissions... you are NOT a CAR PERSON...
REPEAT... NOT A CAR PERSON!!!
One example... Sports Sedan comparission... 3 series(2005 325i) vs G35
First thing... "you cannot find a non optionedn 330i on a dealer lot, so even though the price of the 330i and G35 are the same we are gonna use a fully loaded 325i) OH WHAT DO YOU KNOW... the 2.5L I-6 is slower then the VQ35... WOW but the 330i if they used it is faster.... hmmmm sound biased... they proceed to knock BMW because rear leg room is a little bit tighter on the BMW but good on the G35... WHO GIVES A FUCK... its a "SPORTS" sedan... IE... if u are buying a sports sedan.... its for the DRIVER... BMW builds DRIVERS cars... infiniti is worried about rear leg room... fuck rear leg room... in the end the G35 wins by a slight margin... they compared apples to oranges... big 6 cylinder versus small 6 cylinder...
BIASED.. japanese cars win 99% of reviews in motor trend and car and driver... most of the time because of price... they are doing sedan comparissions... jap car loses every category to an audi a4... but jap car wins in price by 5K and suddenly the jap car is the winner.... yahhhh ok...

DinanM3atl
08-28-2006, 10:43 AM
coudlnt believe this was still in my user control panel

HalfBaked
08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
hmm the current m3 came out in 2001... BEFORE the evo and STI..

and it it 1 second slower around the track compared to the Evo and STI...

EVO and STI have AWD giving them an advantage already...

then u factor int hat the sti and evo are brand new... and the m3 is 6 yeasrs old... wait for new m3... then talk

*cough* Evos and STis have been around since like 93 dumbass...

The only BMW I'd buy would be an e30 m3. Thats it.

Big Baller
08-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Just for the record I have driven the "shit" out of alot of BMWs the only one I even remotely care to own would be an E30 M3.

The rest are blah

DinanM3atl
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
*cough* Evos and STis have been around since like 93 dumbass...

The only BMW I'd buy would be an e30 m3. Thats it.

WOW

so in 93 i could go to subaru and mitsu and buy an STI or EVO...

yah no...

we live in the US remember?

DinanM3atl
08-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Just for the record I have driven the "shit" out of alot of BMWs the only one I even remotely care to own would be an E30 M3.

The rest are blah

this would lead me to believe ur either didnt get a full experience... or ur gauge on an incrediable sports car is not very good...

prolly dont like 911s either, or Elise? or Exige? Or Cayman S?

HalfBaked
08-28-2006, 10:56 AM
WOW

so in 93 i could go to subaru and mitsu and buy an STI or EVO...

yah no...

we live in the US remember?

No shit.

You said the cars were new, they aren't new. The motors and technology have been around for a long time, they are only just available here now in recent years. Doesn't mean they haven't been beating up on m3s for longer.

God, I'd love to watch you get your ass handed to you by a slow fwd car on a track...

DinanM3atl
08-28-2006, 11:02 AM
No shit.

You said the cars were new, they aren't new. The motors and technology have been around for a long time, they are only just available here now in recent years. Doesn't mean they haven't been beating up on m3s for longer.

God, I'd love to watch you get your ass handed to you by a slow fwd car on a track...

good one.. i have plenty of track experience... but nice try

Sport1.3
08-28-2006, 11:04 AM
good one.. i have plenty of track experience... but nice try
namely what? what organizations do you run under?

HalfBaked
08-28-2006, 11:05 AM

It doesn't matter!

He has an m3, and the m3 has run at many tracks, so basiclly he has...

Nothing compares to the almighty m3.

DinanM3atl
08-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Windy City BMWCCA
Peachtree BMWCCA
F-Body Club of Chicago
Audi Club in chicago

all HPDEs
Some Nasa events

oh well
time to leave this thread again...

HalfBaked
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
It is funny...

This thread makes me really badly want to just work on suspension mods and track my car...

Sport1.3
08-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Windy City BMWCCA
Peachtree BMWCCA
F-Body Club of Chicago
Audi Club in chicago

all HPDEs
Some Nasa events

oh well
time to leave this thread again...

so no wheel to wheel racing then? i deal with CCA guys all the time....they all have your attitude oddly enough lol. what NASA events have you been involved in? like Time trials or driving schools?

Big Baller
08-28-2006, 12:23 PM
this would lead me to believe ur either didnt get a full experience... or ur gauge on an incrediable sports car is not very good...

prolly dont like 911s either, or Elise? or Exige? Or Cayman S?

LOL you really have no fucking idea do you, my sports car gauge is dead on. The BMWs as well as the evo and the sti we were talking about are not sports cars, and if you think they are you are sadly mistaken.

I've driven everything you listed except the cayman, but I dont see how any of the cars you listed have anything to do with what we are talking about.

Youre E36 isnt the greatest car ever produced despite what you might think.

fight club
08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
this makes me laugh.

4dmin
08-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Only not another BMW thread... ok but the M3 is no where near the ultimate driving machine... there are tons of cars it will lose to in a straight line and on the track and who gives a shit if your car comes w/ heated seats + wood grain + navigation... if i wanted a luxury i would buy a sedan or suv.

I compiled the Power Lap Times which are done by Top Gear, if your not awareTop Gear is one of the hottest shows in europe and now here in the states, they test out all kinds of rides and have a professional driver to do all the work to push the cars to the limit.

The Top 54 are listed as you can see the M3 ranks 52/54 w/ a price of 50k it is tied with both the Nissan 350z and the Mazda RX8 as far as track times. There are 5+ cars alone w/ = or better track times that are cheaper including: Evo III, STI, VW R32, S4, etc...

For top manufacter i would say Porsche takes the cake w/ 5 cars in the Top 50 ranging from 59k - 485k.

Best Bang for your Buck = Corvette Z06! thats right at 65k and ranked 15/50 its almost 10sec faster then the M3 for only 15k more ;)

\/ read it and weap boys M3 are nice but far from ultimate... shit VW R32 ranked 5 positions higher then the M3. Thats sad my friend. I love the M3 but for the price I think you can purchase alot more ride for the $. Enjoy! :goodjob:

HalfBaked
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
own3D!!!!!

Sport1.3
08-28-2006, 01:44 PM
AHahahah! oh watch out though the Z4 M edition got 28th...he'll argue that one to death! OWNED x eleventybillion!

speedminded
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
..but the 911 turbo that cost 1.5x more only beat it by 8/10th of a second.

GTScoob
08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
your the moron dude.. if u think the STI and EVO are better track cars than the M3 u seriously need some help...

barely anyone even races the STI and EVO on road courses... if they are sooo badass why arent they racing htem in speed world challenge or speed touring series?

I'm pretty sure they have a lot of restrictions for AWD cars that make it very hard to be competitive with them.

I like M3s but personally I'd rather buy an STI, a 20G, an accessport ECU, and some high end coilovers (total cost probably $36K) and rape Vipers on the track. Thats still a really sick M3, I'd take it over a Supra thats for sure.

I'm going to go track down a pic of a local STI owner coming around a turn (I wanna say at Roebling or Sebring) with one of each generation M3 behind him in the rearview mirror. He was bone stock except for JIC coilovers. Big Baller, Siegel's got it on his comp, its a great pic. I've spent 15 mins searching around Nasioc and WRXatlanta and cant find it.

4dmin
08-28-2006, 01:59 PM
..but the 911 turbo that cost 1.5x more only beat it by 8/10th of a second.

that why you buy a Porsche Caymen :goodjob: faster cheaper then 911 Turbo

fight club
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
R

The guy with the EVO... congratualations... u have a race team sponsered evo... YOU ARE THE COOLEST... and you beat stock M3s driven by middle aged guys!!!! you are SOOOOO AWESOME... you are my hero... get a life dude... u have a modified turbo car...

1. turbo from factory, dont start that bullshit of if i add a turbo etc. then the m3 is faster. add another turbo on an evo and its still faster.
2. he could woop your ass, and your definately not middle aged.
3. glad you found a decent hero, just dont cry when you try to trade agianst a evo and they dont give you eleventybillion dollars for the ultimate driving machine.
4. when the fuck did busher become a race team!?! :thinking: does that mean Autofab is a racing team? and battlegrounds? and TS does his tuning, does that mean hes sponsered by two racing teams?!? :ninja:

4dmin
08-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Another good read:

Road and Track: Get a Grip

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/information/press/magazine/magazine2002/getagrip1.html

How They Ranked

1. Ferrari 360 Modena
2. Lotus Elise
3. Porsche 911 Turbo
4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII
5. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
6. Porsche Boxster S
7. BMW M3 coupe
8. Mazda MP3

fight club
08-28-2006, 03:04 PM
buaahahahah all it beat was an mp3. how sad.

lightspeed
08-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Guys, its moot to argue with BMW drivers.
I dont know what it is with these people who become obsessed with the mis-conceived notion that they are such "awesome driving machines." I guess advertising is amazingly-powerful. Or maybe mommie and daddy used to have one back in their formative years.
Its also amazing that, in most performance categories, BMW's are outperformed by their competition... Even much less expesive cars.
And yes, and BMW drivers like to think that someone their cars "feel" so good to drive, and that makes them better. For some reason, they equate that somewhat unique german teutonic feel in the controls to a feeling of superiority. In reality, it boils down to subjective impression that some people like. They arent "better."
I like a lot of BMW's for what they are, dont get me wrong (most of the ones I like arent in production anymore though.) But to call them the "ultimate driving machine" with a serious-face seems just a bit overstated.
BTW...BMW's are continuing to loose their focus on driving as time goes on. Take one look at the horrible interiors on many of their newer cars, along with that confounding i-Drive, and youll see what I mean.
Oh...back to the video. Im really impressed to see an "ultimate driving machine" make as much power as supras and skylines have been making for years :jerkit:

On_Her_Face
08-28-2006, 03:07 PM
bmw's r great cars but my choice of any bmw would be the m-roady i think its better than the m3 (personal opinion so flame on it all u want about the m3 = god)

however bmw is not the ultimate driving machine and neither is any other company (when comparing all the tests that r done and price)

fight club
08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
I dont know what it is with these people who become obsessed with the mis-conceived notion that they are such "awesome driving machines." I guess advertising is amazingly-powerful. Or maybe mommie and daddy used to have one back in their formative years.
Its also amazing that, in most performance categories, BMW's are outperformed by their competition... Even much less expesive cars.
And yes, and BMW drivers like to think that someone their cars "feel" so good to drive, and that makes them better. For some reason, they equate that somewhat unique german teutonic feel in the controls to a feeling of superiority. In reality, it boils down to subjective impression that some people like. They arent "better."
I like a lot of BMW's for what they are, dont get me wrong (most of the ones I like arent in production anymore though.) But to call them the "ultimate driving machine" with a serious-face seems just a bit overstated.
BTW...BMW's are continuing to loose their focus on driving as time goes on. Take one look at the horrible interiors on many of their newer cars, along with that confounding i-Drive, and youll see what I mean.
Oh...back to the video. Im really impressed to see an "ultimate driving machine" make as much power as supras and skylines have been making for years :jerkit:

hahahaah i miss you man. i need this wit and candor poking fun at me every friday and saturday! COME OUT!

On_Her_Face
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
also who gives a fuck what the car feels like on a track its not supposed to be smooth on a track, if ur car is running smooth on the track ur probably in last, close to it, or either ur bmw with the great german feel is kicking some major honda civic ex ass

speedminded
08-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I'll take an M Coupe [M Shoe] any day. Said to be the fastest and best handling production BMW made...

On_Her_Face
08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
id rather have the vert and turbo it (s52 motor) i know u can turbo the s54 now but thinking realisticly i dont have that kind of cash haha

4dmin
08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
I'll take an M Coupe [M Shoe] any day. Said to be the fastest and best handling production BMW made...

its by far the HOTTEST HATCH :goodjob: gotta love the shoe :yes: but here is another Road & Track: Best Sports Car (3/2005)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article...9&page_number=1

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/2232005114249.gif

Sport1.3
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM
buaahahahah all it beat was an mp3. how sad.

if you read the article you'll see the MP3 was way outta place! but somehow tied for second in the slalom! those cars are deadly in the corners, and the Mazdaspeed Version is still the fastest FWD slalom car ever tested by road and track!!

91DSM
08-28-2006, 04:00 PM
GodDamn!!!!!!!!!!!! GodDamn!!

xliv2racex
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM

I'm with him :sicks: <basically what is happening

speedminded
08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
its by far the HOTTEST HATCH :goodjob: gotta love the shoe :yes: but here is another Road & Track: Best Sports Car (3/2005)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article...9&page_number=1

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/2232005114249.gifbad link, what were all the cars tested?

Maki
08-29-2006, 11:36 AM
i want the bmw please

4dmin
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
bad link, what were all the cars tested?

sorry i'll try to find the link again, but they took the TOP 20 voted for track used cars that is what emerged :goodjob:

Elbow
08-29-2006, 01:09 PM
I love BMW's, and have driven a lot of different kinds with different mods, BUT have driven cars FAR better. But I still love em...

Leadfoot_mf
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
RIGHT THERE... most of the people in this thread are pretty level headed, like the guy with the Lexus...

but as jason said(and he drives an acura) when did u drive the SHIT out of a BMW... even just a 325... hell even a 5 series...

I would be willing to bet that most of u havent... you scoff at them and say "fucking piece of shit, that guy got fucking raped on price when he bought it... blah blah blah blah"

Drive one then talk shit...

The new BMWs and euros are loaded up with electronic gizmos...
Let me fill in you guys on here knocking BMW reliability...
Person A buys a 745LI... cant figure out how to use IDrive... so he brings it in for service... that counts as a BREAK DOWN... beacuse someone cant read the owners manual... learn before you speak...
Do i have to find links to post for high mileage bmws... again
477K out of an e30 in CHICAGO!!! he has done clutch jobs...
250K on kendogs 5 series
he had another 1984 5 series that he just sold and we drove it from new york and a 3.5L I-6 with over 200K got 33MPG on the highway...
thats as good as some new 6 cylinder hondas...
BMWs M3 engine.. the 3.2L I-6 gets top ranking in 6 cylinder 3.0L-3.5L everyyear...

oh and if u read MOTOR TREND, car and driver etc for car reviews and good comparissions... you are NOT a CAR PERSON...
REPEAT... NOT A CAR PERSON!!!
One example... Sports Sedan comparission... 3 series(2005 325i) vs G35
First thing... "you cannot find a non optionedn 330i on a dealer lot, so even though the price of the 330i and G35 are the same we are gonna use a fully loaded 325i) OH WHAT DO YOU KNOW... the 2.5L I-6 is slower then the VQ35... WOW but the 330i if they used it is faster.... hmmmm sound biased... they proceed to knock BMW because rear leg room is a little bit tighter on the BMW but good on the G35... WHO GIVES A FUCK... its a "SPORTS" sedan... IE... if u are buying a sports sedan.... its for the DRIVER... BMW builds DRIVERS cars... infiniti is worried about rear leg room... fuck rear leg room... in the end the G35 wins by a slight margin... they compared apples to oranges... big 6 cylinder versus small 6 cylinder...
BIASED.. japanese cars win 99% of reviews in motor trend and car and driver... most of the time because of price... they are doing sedan comparissions... jap car loses every category to an audi a4... but jap car wins in price by 5K and suddenly the jap car is the winner.... yahhhh ok...
man u need to chill yes i have beat on bmw's its called susan b colemans breast cancer drive we beat on every model of bimmer what fun what fun

Sport1.3
08-29-2006, 01:37 PM
vette>M3 anyday...you tell him tim lol

SidewayzS14
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
nope

Thats because your a BMW Dousche Bag:2up:

lightspeed
08-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Thats because your a BMW Dousche Bag:2up:
damn :eek:

DinanM3atl
08-29-2006, 11:24 PM
since you guys seem to LOVE R&T and MT and fucking Car and Driver...

here you go...
Start reading!!!

http://www.scathontiphat.com/stuff/articles/CD_article/pg1.html

To sum it up...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/bmvvm3/9eadd80b.jpg

Supra barely got int he picture down there on the end...

HalfBaked
08-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Are you fucking kidding?!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Leadfoot_mf
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
that article is 9 years old living in the old glory years huh let it go man...lol

DinanM3atl
08-29-2006, 11:43 PM
that article is 9 years old living in the old glory years huh let it go man...lol

no but people bashing my car... saying it is a PIECE OF SHIT blah blah blah

so i posted that up...

thats saying alot that my car stock beat a 355, and NSX-T etc etc...

oh well...

ill leave this thread once again tim

cya in 2 weekends ;)

Ran
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Thats because your a BMW Dousche Bag:2up:I had a run-in with a guy like that ones over at R*Speed. Some snobbish guy had just gotten a BMW Z4 Coupe and was trying to prove his manliness to the Miata guys. After the guy has firmly established that he's a f*cking moron, I joined the conversation...

BMW Guy: "Yea, it's the new Z4 Cou'pe" (Said with a fruity accent)
Me: "A what? WTF is a cou'pe? It's a coupe."
BMW Guy: "No, in Europe it's called a Cou'pe" (Again with the fruit accent)
Me: "Uh huh...so in Europe, do they call you a Dou'che?"

:jerkit:

DinanM3atl
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
I had a run-in with a guy like that ones over at R*Speed. Some snobbish guy had just gotten a BMW Z4 Coupe and was trying to prove his manliness to the Miata guys. After the guy has firmly established that he's a f*cking moron, I joined the conversation...

BMW Guy: "Yea, it's the new Z4 Cou'pe" (Said with a fruity accent)
Me: "A what? WTF is a cou'pe? It's a coupe."
BMW Guy: "No, in Europe it's called a Cou'pe" (Again with the fruit accent)
Me: "Uh huh...so in Europe, do they call you a Dou'che?"

:jerkit:

wow good one...

more like in britain they call it a Cou'pe.. then a saloon and a touring... or audi calls it an avant...

chnco
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm just curious where the fuck you get this cocky ass attitude? Did your penis grow when you bought your E36? Or are you just insecure and you think a BMW is going to help your self esteem?

How does it feel that your typical Kia owner can easily afford a E36? Doesn't help your BMW prestige, does it?

DinanM3atl
08-30-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm just curious where the fuck you get this cocky ass attitude? Did your penis grow when you bought your E36? Or are you just insecure and you think a BMW is going to help your self esteem?

How does it feel that your typical Kia owner can easily afford a E36? Doesn't help your BMW prestige, does it?

yah it grew HUGE!!! sure they can afford a E36 318ti...
AWESOME!!!

chnco
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
yah it grew HUGE!!! sure they can afford a E36 318ti...
AWESOME!!!

Well, food stamps should be able to cover a E36 318ti car note. I was referring to a M3. Maybe I should sell my Sephia and get one?

DinanM3atl
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Well, food stamps should be able to cover a E36 318ti car note. I was referring to a M3. Maybe I should sell my Sephia and get one?

good luck finding an m3 for 6-8K

again... im done with this thread...

Sport1.3
08-30-2006, 12:14 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/skeosh/ballsinmyfacem3.jpg

HiPSI
08-30-2006, 12:56 PM
what the fuck is up with BMW boy? why do you feel the need to sit here and act like BMW's are god's greatest creation on 4 wheels?

it's NOT.

/thread

ISAtlanta300
08-30-2006, 01:41 PM
since you guys seem to LOVE R&T and MT and fucking Car and Driver...

here you go...
Start reading!!!

http://www.scathontiphat.com/stuff/articles/CD_article/pg1.html

To sum it up...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/bmvvm3/9eadd80b.jpg

Supra barely got int he picture down there on the end...

So how much is your cut from their BMW royalty check? 10%?

HalfBaked
08-30-2006, 03:48 PM

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=207257506&dealer_id=58261077&car_year=1995&model=M3&num_records=&bkms=1156970777047&lang=en&start_year=1981&mod_bookmark_id=null&certified=&search_type=both&distance=0&make=BMW&min_price=1&address=30144&advanced=&end_year=1998&max_price=8000&cardist=873

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=207825463&dealer_id=51681542&car_year=1997&model=M3&num_records=&bkms=1156970777047&lang=en&start_year=1981&mod_bookmark_id=null&certified=&search_type=both&distance=0&make=BMW&min_price=1&address=30144&advanced=&end_year=1998&max_price=8000&cardist=847

There is 2 I found within 2 minutes of looking.

Now go /yourself.

Ran
08-30-2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=207257506&dealer_id=58261077&car_year=1995&model=M3&num_records=&bkms=1156970777047&lang=en&start_year=1981&mod_bookmark_id=null&certified=&search_type=both&distance=0&make=BMW&min_price=1&address=30144&advanced=&end_year=1998&max_price=8000&cardist=873"A few issues, great project!"

Uhhh....

chnco
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM

Trust me I've looked. A '97 just on here just sold for like 7k, there's another one for sale right around there I believe, and that's on IA!

I thought it would make a nice daily driver, too bad your a douche bag.

2.3 Evo 8
08-31-2006, 09:42 PM

1. Buschur Racing is a company that sells parts, just like any other company that makes car parts.

2. I get a discount on parts with my sponsorship and in return I send people his way, keep a good relationship with them, and make a few video's of me spank'in some M3's for the internet. :lmfao:

3. Who said I beat a "stock" M3??? :???:

4. My car had the stock turbo on it when I raped ALL of those M3's I raced.

Fuck you very much and have a nice day Mr. le douche bag. :goodjob:

sina518
09-01-2006, 11:18 PM

Matt

just from that comment i understand that you dont know shit. a bmw was not designed to run with civics at the drag strip. its made to be ran at the track. you know were real cars get tested. well thats what the magazines do anyways. and since when are evo/ and sti compared to a m3 lets see both evo and sti have forced induction bmw m3 does not have any kind of forced induction. but as you can see from the post if you do put forced induction on any bimmer it will hand you your ass all day long. so their for before you come and try to put ppl down for things that are completely off subject. get your facts straight please..

Fast Shadow
09-01-2006, 11:53 PM
nope

I dumped my "mint" "certified pre-owned" M3 after less than 4 months, it was more trouble than it was worth, it wasn't that fast except a decent top end pull and it handled like shit next to my S2000 and especially my EVO to be honest. It was comfortable though. And it was was pretty.

As far as reliability here's what broke on my 2003.5 M3 while I owned it:

Rod bearings replaced as part of engine recall for all M3s built from 2001 through May of 2003. Several S54 engines failed due to oiling issues and bad rod bearings. Nothing like having the dealer tear the engine open and replace the bearings on the so called "ultimate driving machine" LIRL.

SMG relay unit replaced as part of recall for all SMG equipped cars due to issue with the transmission locking up in park.

Battery in the remote died. BMW keys have the remotes integrated and the bateries can't be replaced. So you have to buy a new key. Price: $120

Window trim fell off due to cheap glue in hot weather. Common problem on the E46 M3. Replaced for free under warranty after 2 days waiting for the part to arrive. If no warranty cost to replace would have been $800 parts and labor.

Navigation unit completely failed and had to be replaced under warranty. Out of warranty it would have cost over $1500 parts and labor.

Tire pressure alarm would falsely go off once a month or so. Had to reset the warning. Never fixed because we couldn't reproduce it when it was at the dealership.

Scheduled maintenance is expensive. I had Inspection 1 done on my M3 at 24000 miles. Inspection 1 includes an oil change, other fluid changes, and a valve adjustment. WTF a valve adjustment on a BMW? It's not a fucking Ferrari. Inspection 1 is nearly 7 hours of labor and if you're under warranty it's free maintenace. But if you're out of warranty it costs anywhere from $800-$1500 depending on where you take it to. Even regular oil changes cost over $100.

So I pieced my M3 the fuck out and got an EVO 9 and could not be happier.

The new BMW 335i twin turbo is pretty interesting, I would rock one of those as long as it's fully covered under maint and warranty.

Oh and another reason I sold my M3 was 90% of the BMW owners I've met are a bunch of cocksucking snobs or little kiddies with beat down cars that think they're in fucking new Bentleys.

chnco
09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
just from that comment i understand that you dont know shit. a bmw was not designed to run with civics at the drag strip. its made to be ran at the track. you know were real cars get tested. well thats what the magazines do anyways. and since when are evo/ and sti compared to a m3 lets see both evo and sti have forced induction bmw m3 does not have any kind of forced induction. but as you can see from the post if you do put forced induction on any bimmer it will hand you your ass all day long. so their for before you come and try to put ppl down for things that are completely off subject. get your facts straight please..

Ummm. . .the BMW has a larger displacement and a couple of more cylinders. That's fine, get a stroker Evo/STI and get a turbo/supercharged M3 if you want to compare apples to apples.

BTW: Big Baller wasn't referring to the drag strip specifically. Feel free to catch him on a road course, autox, drag, etc.

2.3 Evo 8
09-02-2006, 07:54 AM

Reading comprehension is your friend. Baller said and meant "track day" as in road course dumbass. Straight line, you would get raped there also. :goodjob:

sina518
09-02-2006, 06:19 PM
personally i dont give a shit. i just feel the need to talk shit every now and then. the m3 shown in this post has a 32,000 dollar turbo system. for that much money id rather buy a supra or a evo and trick it out

Leadfoot_mf
09-02-2006, 08:34 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/skeosh/ballsinmyfacem3.jpg
ha ha 40 year old virgin shit right there

The Ninja
09-02-2006, 11:46 PM
VETTES STIs EVOs ftw....i think m3s are for tuner rejects who couldn't get the girl with their broke down civic, and cut ebay "coilovers".

>.>....yes thats me ^^

Fast Shadow
09-03-2006, 02:05 AM
i would say the EVO and STI have more in common with the original E30 M3 than the E46 M3 does with the E30 M3. that's sad for BMW.

BrandoonWa
09-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Whatever, this one is fast as hell...

jfman
09-10-2006, 01:16 AM
DinanM3atl.. dont get me wrong. I LOVE E36 M3's and always will. What a nice car, especialy for the money(they can be had sub $10k).

But now M3's have grown to be extremely HEAVY cars as they addon luxury items. A 2004 M3 weights more than a big hunka iron 2004 Ford Mustang GT with a iron block V8 and a cast iron rear end. :2cents:

Seriously Beemers are nice cars but I think youre a little brainwashed by the marketing department of BMW. You need to quit that "ultimated driving machine" BS because it makes you sound like a lemming.

You sound like a 4th grader talking to his buddies about his dads car..

Kid #1: My dads truck is built "Ford Tough" !

Kid #2:No cant be the best since and my dads chevy is "like a rock"

DinanM3atl : get out of here you kids, nobody cares about your trucks because BMW's are "the ultimate driving machine"

jfman
09-10-2006, 01:17 AM
i would say the EVO and STI have more in common with the original E30 M3 than the E46 M3 does with the E30 M3. that's sad for BMW.

+1 The E30 m3 was a sports car in its purest form.

d993s
09-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Any car can be modified to handle well, even Camaros and Mustangs. If you don't believe it, do the research.

I am German car biased (German specialty cars, not your average Jetta 2.0 8v) for obvious reasons (build quality, looks, handling, high resale value, great out-of-the-box track readiness, and yes, RELIABILITY....... when regularly maintained) but to say that BMW's own the track, etc, is nonsense.
There are many other cars on the track that can and do outhandle BMW's (Miatas, Sentra SE-Rs, 240SXs, S2000s, Integras, STIs, Evos, Porsches, VWs, etc, etc, etc). It all depends on the set-up.