PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my Cougar :(

Nemesis
08-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Im really torn on this and have been for the past couple of weeks. Ive been depating on if I should keep the car or just sell it. Its paid off right now, but if I sell it I could pay maybe a good chunk of the loan on my WRX and then some. The car has a lot of time and money vested into it, and I really dont want to strip her down and part it out. Id like to see it go to another person that would take care of her as much as I did. On the other hand, I still want to drive it , but paying for insurance on this car and the WRX is slightly out of the question. I really love this car and since it was my first car that Ive ever really owned it has a lot of value besides of what I have put into it. I won first place at Nopi Nationals with it, it has been sponsored by companies such as Corbeau, and has broken a few personal records. But back to that insurance thing, I have to pay both of them next week and that's costing over 1200 for 6 months. This is a decision that is honestly going to affect my life, since I plan on moving out into an apartment by next January at the latest. A lot of my decision will be based on your opinions and voting.

Here is a shot of the car for those that dont know. Interior is all black and carbon fiber, not wrapped but actual molds:

http://www.undergroundcove.com/image1/nxt3.jpg

B16a2 Civic
08-25-2006, 08:13 AM
honestly man, i would love you to keep it, but if it will affect your living day to day status, sell it, you'll have memories.....how often do you drive it?

NoPainT
I would sell it.... you had your fun with it. Now you got the WRX and a loan like you say... and insurance, wow that's alot... I would have to say let it go... :(

HvyArms
No need to depate about it anymore...whatever that means. if you think it'll be a struggle for you to keep both, sell the Coug. What may end up happening is that you find something funner (I make up words too!). Having a nice car, but stressing over bills is NO FUN, you can't even enjoy your toys.

Nemesis
honestly man, i would love you to keep it, but if it will affect your living day to day status, sell it, you'll have memories.....how often do you drive it?

It has sat in the garage for the past month now.

Nemesis
08-25-2006, 08:14 AM
I would sell it.... you had your fun with it. Now you got the WRX and a loan like you say... and insurance, wow that's alot... I would have to say let it go... :(

I could just drop the insurance or go with liability too.... :(

NoPainT
08-25-2006, 08:14 AM
No need to depate about it anymore...whatever that means. if you think it'll be a struggle for you to keep both, sell the Coug. What may end up happening is that you find something funner (I make up words too!). Having a nice car, but stressing over bills is NO FUN, you can't even enjoy your toys.

Exactly :goodjob:

MachNU
08-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah i say you sell it, and take the spirit of that finely done car, and invest it into the WRX!!!!!!

PS.... Quit your bitching on insurance shit 1200 a month for 2 cars, man your lucky as hell i pay 230 a month (1380 for 6 months) for just my single car!!!!!!

B16a2 Civic
08-25-2006, 08:15 AM
go ahead and sell it man, if you wait too much longer, it will keep losing value, get what you can and live comfortably

NoPainT
08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
I could just drop the insurance or go with liability too.... :(

so wat your saying is you want to keep it huh? I understand, you just don't want 2 see it go to someone that won't take care of it.

Ran
08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
It has sat in the garage for the past month now.That should answer your question man. You seem to be focusing your efforts into the WRX now, so I'd say that your Cougar days are pretty much done. Save yourself the trouble and put her up for sale.

Nemesis
08-25-2006, 08:17 AM
so wat your saying is you want to keep it huh? I understand, you just don't want 2 see it go to someone that won't take care of it.

Thats my biggest problem with sellin it. Seeing it in some junk yard after a month or so because it got wrapped around a tree.

NoPainT
08-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah i say you sell it, and take the spirit of that finely done car, and invest it into the WRX!!!!!!

PS.... Quit your bitching on insurance shit 1200 a month for 2 cars, man your lucky as hell i pay 230 a month (1380 for 6 months) for just my single car!!!!!!

damn... I pay 235 every 6 months :D

MachNU
08-25-2006, 08:20 AM
damn... I pay 235 every 6 months :D

wow thats fucked up...the sad thing is...insurance doesnt even know aobut my 2 speeding tickets from a couple years back. So i am due for 3 deductions but i cant call for them, until next year, when my tickets drop!!!!!! i hate insurance!!!!!

5thgcelica
08-25-2006, 08:36 AM
i say keep it man.

but if its really gonna strap you on funds..... then you know what u gotta do..

Ran
08-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Damn you guys pay a lot for insurance. $160 a month for the Yaris, and $180 a year for the Datsun.

Leadfoot_mf
08-25-2006, 08:37 AM
not only yes but u should never have bought it in the first place.....get as far away as possible and never refer to it again burn all pictures u have and kill everyone who has seen u with it....but other than that u should do what is best for you.....

Dirty Octopus™
08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
sell it.
quick.
WRX
FTW
do it.
do it.

SpoonedEG
08-25-2006, 08:44 AM
I don't like Cougars even though yours seems to b very nicely modified......You should sell it and concentrate all your effort into the Subie.....but then again it is very hard to let go a car in wich you put tons of efforts ....

Allshow97
08-25-2006, 08:47 AM
George I'd hate to see you let it go. But if it is affecting your day to day life you r gonna have to let it go. Make sure it does find a good home, it's a fine specimen of a machine and I would love to see someone with the same passion get ahold of the vehicle and treat it with as much TLC as you did. Good Luck bro :goodjob:

Crazy Asian
08-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Everyone has their debates if they want to sell their first car but if I was in your shoes right now I'd sell it. Come on you had fun in your car and youll have photos and memories. Move on to another car and have fun. Like the WRX. So far you are...so enjoy it.

TRINI4LIFE
08-25-2006, 09:30 AM
When you move out, that extra money for the insurance would help you in the long run. So if it was me I would sell it, and make a huge payment on the other car.

Leisa
08-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I say keep it, thats your blood ,sweat, and tears.... can you imagine someone else driving it,... and not babying it like you do... Brett goes through the same thing every year... but it all comes down to.... he cant see someone else driving it ... its your choice...

The Golden Child
08-25-2006, 10:23 AM
sell it and use the money towards the rex ..

civic95
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Sell the WRX. Then you can have NO car payment, AND cheaper insurance.

Nemesis
08-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Sell the WRX.

:lmfao:

No freaking way. I would rather sell the Cougar and then use the money to pay off the loan. I therfore keep the WRX and have no car payment...... :thinking:

civic95
08-25-2006, 11:52 AM

No freaking way. I would rather sell the Cougar and then use the money to pay off the loan. I therfore keep the WRX and have no car payment...... :thinking:

You must of put a big downpayment down then. Either that or your expecting to get much more $$ for the cougar than you actually will.

Nemesis
08-25-2006, 11:53 AM
You must of put a big downpayment down then. Either that or your expecting to get much more $$ for the cougar than you actually will.

How much do you think my WRX was?

civic95
08-25-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm thinking about $17K, I know it was more than $10K.

RandomGuy
08-25-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah man i say you let it go... bc if you keep it eventually somethin will happen to it and you dont wanna go thru that any more. Just let it go... its days are over, you need to get it out of there breathe a fresh breath now into the WRX.

Sell the cougar man... lol just like u sold the 300zx.

Hektik
08-25-2006, 12:44 PM
i think u already made the decision. if it has sat in the garage untouched for a month while u drive the WRX then why keep it. sell it and move on build the WRX then sell that and move on after all it is just a car and if u keep saving it u might never move onto other bigger rides. its uderstandable thats its ur first car u ever trully built a very nice one at that but why keep making ins payments just to say " I still have my first built car". either way GL with ur decision

Julio
08-25-2006, 03:41 PM
fuck that shit. Sell it. I had the same feeling for my old Ek.. once the bitch was gone.. I was happy to make way in the Garage for the new toy.
Is hard as 1st, But I know exactly where you coming from.. Once is gone.. is Gone and it will be all dandy after that.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-25-2006, 03:47 PM
its your, well, your first love, well "obsession" all your hard work, blood, sweat, and tears into that car.....

but if you'd rather keep it, I say put it on liability or take it off your insurance.. do you have it under a weekend car? like something you rarely drive to help insurance purposes? don't some insurance companies have "toy/project car" insurance? I think the prem. may be a bit higher though..

if you sell, atleast ship it across the U.S., so you don't know what will become of it whether the new owner fucks it up..

how much is the cougar with? i know your def. not gonna get what you put into to it, but it'd be interesting to see what it would go for..

GTScoob
08-25-2006, 04:22 PM
I say sell it unless you really need 2 cars right now. Your WRX has much more potential for performance.

If you're planning on getting an apt I'd sell it especially because parking sucks at most places and its very unlikely that you'll get a garage or anything. Save some money and move on, the Cougar was nice, find a good home and make some $$$ off of it.

BlkCD5
08-26-2006, 01:26 AM
I say just part with it. No one on here really keeps their first car forever. Apparently you moved on with the WRX. So, just remember the memories you had with the cougar.

The Yousef
08-26-2006, 06:55 AM
it will be hard bro....but you have to look at your future...and if it is better to sell the cougar...then, as hard as it will/maybe, then do it.....

JASONBALL
08-26-2006, 07:52 AM
I would sell it. If it is going to jepardize your pockets in the future it is time to let it go. I personally will never hold on to something that can negativley effect my future and happiness. I've been there when money was tight and it is no fun. The cougar came a long way from where it started. got to the top of the game for cougars. And now it is just holding on for as long as you keep it. Not improving becuase you have a new project. I say sell it use it to pay off other bills. You will still be know for the guy that hell the fucking sweet ass widebody cougar. Just remember like that guy said. you will still have pictures. and if you sell it near you. It will never be anyone elses car. Everyone that sees it will go hey bro there is your car. Cuaes you built a legacy and the noob drivening. So through all that. I'm sure your lost. SO SELL.

The Yousef
08-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I would sell it. If it is going to jepardize your pockets in the future it is time to let it go. I personally will never hold on to something that can negativley effect my future and happiness. I've been there when money was tight and it is no fun. The cougar came a long way from where it started. got to the top of the game for cougars. And now it is just holding on for as long as you keep it. Not improving becuase you have a new project. I say sell it use it to pay off other bills. You will still be know for the guy that hell the fucking sweet ass widebody cougar. Just remember like that guy said. you will still have pictures. and if you sell it near you. It will never be anyone elses car. Everyone that sees it will go hey bro there is your car. Cuaes you built a legacy and the noob drivening. So through all that. I'm sure your lost. SO SELL.

...indeed

down_shift
08-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Sell it out of state and move on.

The Yousef
08-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Sell it out of state and move on.

^byron also loves the penis^....

MongolPup
08-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes! 27 67.50%
Hell no. 13 32.50%

The tribe has spoken.

Brady
08-26-2006, 12:55 PM
i'll buy it for 4k george..and you can still drive it whenever you want to..only i'll take out all the carbon fiber and get naggjaja to paint it the same green his was and put an ecotec 2 liter in it. :D or if i can save enough money i might try to drop the coveted 302 out of a foxbody in it! YEEEEHAW!

HalfBaked
08-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Honestly, sell it.

But sell it to someone out of state, so you don't have to worry about seeing the car again.

Hulud
08-26-2006, 01:14 PM
honestly george, your not going to keep it forever are you?
why not make some money off it

Hulud
08-26-2006, 01:18 PM
i mean you will only lose the value every day

JITB
08-26-2006, 06:39 PM
whatever u do, we are gonna get the headers off....:)

P. A.
08-26-2006, 09:51 PM
some times u have to let go, and now is that time, u had fun with it,u build it, it will allways be YOUR'S even if some body alse has it.but u can't hold some thing that it will stress u down the road(economicly), u have a new ride to mess with, it will be fun building this 1 just like the other, if not may be better, but u have to move on...

been there, don dat

B18c-rex
08-26-2006, 10:16 PM
You won first place at nopi with it now its time for the subaru hottness to take the throne AHHH YEAH !!!!