PDA

View Full Version : Henry Rollins

Hulud
08-24-2006, 08:56 PM
random rollins quotes

"If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, don't show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do."

“I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone.”

"Misanthropy never felt this good...Like you really want to matter to some idiot. He can call me whatever he wants. I don't care what he thinks about me. He's not even alive in my world. That's it, they're dead in my world. All extras in a corny movie..."

"I'd like to break the armchair over your head. I like to destroy my sensitivity. I want to register pain. The more pain I can take, the stronger I become. Strength is all important...You attack me intellectually, but inside you fear me on a pure animal level. This makes you mad. You know I can see your fear..."

JustinSane110™
08-24-2006, 09:04 PM
:goodjob:

Dirty Octopus™
08-24-2006, 10:18 PM
who tha hell is that? :thinking:

Hulud
08-24-2006, 10:24 PM
are you serious?

Dirty Octopus™
08-24-2006, 10:25 PM
are you serious?
yeah im serious... i dont feel like googling it either. humor me

Hulud
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah im serious... i dont feel like googling it either. humor me
why did the chicken cross the road?

Dirty Octopus™
08-24-2006, 10:32 PM
to find out who Henry Rollins is and why are his quotes are so significant.

Hulud
08-24-2006, 10:33 PM
to find out who Henry Rollins is and why are his quotes are so significant.
right you are

Hulud
08-24-2006, 10:37 PM
why are his quotes are so significant.
the real question is, why are anyones quotes significant?

the answer would be, because they mean something to someone

HyPer50
08-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Damn you suck... I was afraid this was gonna be a "RIP" thread when I just saw "Henry Rollins" and if ya haven't even HEARD of em, then ya might as well crush yourself with the rock you've been living under.

anyways... favorite Rollins quote... "If you were on fire, I'd put you out.... with gasoline"

Hulud
08-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Damn you suck... I was afraid this was gonna be a "RIP" thread when I just saw "Henry Rollins" and if ya haven't even HEARD of em, then ya might as well crush yourself with the rock you've been living under.
:stupid:

Dirty Octopus™
08-24-2006, 10:52 PM
the real question is, why are anyones quotes significant?

the answer would be, because they mean something to someone

oh.....

so... im assuming they are significant to you.... did they strike a few cords? did they make you change your life?

Hulud
08-24-2006, 10:55 PM
oh.....

so... im assuming they are significant to you.... did they strike a few cords? did they make you change your life?
haha no

just liked them

Dirty Octopus™
08-24-2006, 11:00 PM
haha no

just liked them

aight then... cool.

i like people that use the word "oneself" its so cool to me...
i.e.
in order to stay off cocaine one must keep oneself away from crack

Dirty Octopus™
08-24-2006, 11:01 PM
prally im just easily amused.

JustinSane110™
08-24-2006, 11:04 PM
All of this and still nobody managed to tell him who Henry Rollins is. :lmfao: :lmfao:

Dirty Octopus™
08-24-2006, 11:07 PM
All of this and still nobody managed to tell him who Henry Rollins is. :lmfao: :lmfao:

ya know? :thinking:

its all good though... it finally clicked. after i googled it. i matched the face with the name.

he doesnt looked like the philosophical type but whatever.
you know Bruce Lee majored in Philosophy...

"Dont watch the fingah or you'll miss all the heavenly Glory!" :yes:

Hulud
08-24-2006, 11:15 PM

its all good though... it finally clicked. after i googled it. i matched the face with the name.

ok atleast you had seen him before

HyPer50
08-24-2006, 11:42 PM

He wasn't always a buff guy lmao...

Hulud
08-24-2006, 11:44 PM
He wasn't always a buff guy lmao...
dude what are you talking about?
he came outta the womb ripped

HyPer50
08-24-2006, 11:45 PM
dude what are you talking about?
he came outta the womb ripped
werd
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Henry_Rollins_of_Black_Flag.jpg

Hulud
08-24-2006, 11:50 PM
lol wtf
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/David.Solbach/images/flag9.jpg

Leadfoot_mf
08-25-2006, 01:02 AM
bf ftw

Miranda
08-25-2006, 01:08 AM
If I let you, you would make me destroy myself. In order to survive you, I must first survive myself. I can sink no further, and I cannot forgive you. There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. No other choice. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice. Shameless now, nameless now, nothing now, no one now. But my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless, and my fear is NAKED.

JustinSane110™
08-25-2006, 02:38 AM
werd
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Henry_Rollins_of_Black_Flag.jpg
Is it just me or does he look a hell of a lot like Criss Angel in that pic? :lmfao:

God
08-25-2006, 05:54 AM

jesus christ are you bloody serious?

1439/2000
08-25-2006, 07:49 AM
We are tired of your abuse, try to stop us its no use. Rise above, above we're gonna rise above.

Black Flag is still good. Too bad they recorded everything on the shittiest sounding tape ever.

Sirk
08-25-2006, 08:24 AM
I saw him when he did his two night show of spoken word, the man is amazing. Laughed nearly the whole time, great storyteller.

Hulud
08-25-2006, 10:17 AM
We are tired of your abuse, try to stop us its no use. Rise above, above we're gonna rise above.

Black Flag is still good. Too bad they recorded everything on the shittiest sounding tape ever.
very true