08-24-2006, 03:58 PM
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7251/bmw15nx0ce.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/haakono/IMG_8105.jpg

http://www.hastig.se/hastig/bilder/134/images/IMG_5540.JPG

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/haakono/IMG_7893.jpg

yah pictures

kendogg
08-24-2006, 04:09 PM
AFAIK, this is the most powerful inline 6 engine ever built to date. Tested on an engine dyno, I should say. There is possibility of a few 2JZ's being more powerful, but I don't think any of those have ever been engine dyno'd, most of those are chassis dyno'd once they are already in the car.

BMW M power FTW!!!

AND, I don't recall ANY of Vidar Strands engines ever failing in any kind of race or event. His E34 M5 with 1190 BHP and a 2 speed powerglide also running 8's in the quarter. However, it's fairly well known in the circles that follow his cars that whenever he goes to an event, he normally does trash a gearbox at most every event. From what I've been told, he runs a 2 speed powerglide in all of his setups for the drag strips, and an built E34 M5 Getrag 280 for the track. Unfortunately, there is no gearbox that I know of that can take 1200+ bhp on a road course for hours of the kind of abuse that he puts the car thru, but the motor sure does take it :)

Tank
08-24-2006, 04:16 PM
nice as BMW but i think if you check Supraforums theres a couple of Supras already past that HP mark bro so it aint the fastest I6 sorry ................but its nice

kendogg
08-24-2006, 04:28 PM
nice as BMW but i think if you check Supraforums theres a couple of Supras already past that HP mark bro so it aint the fastest I6 sorry ................but its nice

It is possible, but were these engines truly Engine dyno'd? Thats the only claim I made. Like I said, AFAIK, unless somebody can show proof of a 2JZ on an ENGINE dyno, not a chassis dyno, then I'll believe it. Not trying to start anything, I'm sure there are more powerful ones, just very few are engine dyno'd.

Besides, how many supra's run 7.83 in the quarter, irriguardless of the hp produced.

Tank
08-24-2006, 04:35 PM
It is possible, but were these engines truly Engine dyno'd? Thats the only claim I made. Like I said, AFAIK, unless somebody can show proof of a 2JZ on an ENGINE dyno, not a chassis dyno, then I'll believe it. Not trying to start anything, I'm sure there are more powerful ones, just very few are engine dyno'd.

Besides, how many supra's run 7.83 in the quarter, irriguardless of the hp produced.
hmmm yeah i see what your saying ill have to look into it and as far as your 7.83 second run theres MVP drag car Bostlogics Drag supra and lets not forget the mighty Titan racing supra theres a guy in florida named Sherbaz his supra is there hmmmm maybe a couple more the only hting i cant confirm is how they dyno'ed thats beyond me right now but i know theres some 1500HP supras running around still nice to see I6's doing big shit like this m3 lovin it

DinanM3atl
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/

7.94 and that is supposedly "record breaking"

DinanM3atl
08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.suprastore.com/top10014miti.html

1. [email protected] KRYSTOS EFANTIS MSP RACING 3315lbs DRs best MPH 185.44

2. 7.94@181Gary White Titan Motorsports 3.4L, GT55-88, nitrous, PG 8.9@163 on the stock 6 speed

3. 8.02@17x(need trap speed) Boostlogic. GT47-80, TH400, nitrous, 3000lbs(?)

4. 8.19@166 Chris Anderson AAP Powerglide

5. 8.34@171 Dana Westover/Virtual Works Auto GT47-88, nitrous, full weight

Big Baller
08-24-2006, 05:06 PM
That is in no way a fucking street car, its back halfed for christ sake.

and he doesnt have any rules hes building his car by where as titan and the rest of the supras have limits.

Tank
08-24-2006, 05:30 PM
another good point made by big baller imagine if they didnt go by the rule book man the possibilities are endless man

skillzilla
08-24-2006, 08:43 PM
WTF, how about nearly every NHRA Pro RWD running a 2JZ, all deep in the 6's. Id say they are a tad faster... Even NHRA Modified imports are low 7's, most with 2JZ's. Now of course these are unibody, Tube Frame, purpose-built drag cars, but its still a turbo I6 thats hella faster than the Bimmer posted (which looks purpose-built also, even if it is "street legal" in Sweden).

skillzilla
08-24-2006, 08:45 PM
BTW these motors are running 1500+ BHP

Big Baller
08-24-2006, 09:45 PM
To run 6's chances are those guys are pushing closer to 2000-2500 hp

skillzilla
08-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Modified class cars are 1500+, I dont even want to know what Pro RWD cars are running :)

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 08:58 AM
meh think what you want...

who cares if it has been tubbed? That makes it not street legal? Do you notice there is a spot for headlights... if u went to link on bimmerforums taillights were kept for a reason...

I in theory COULD do this here in the states... with my car... and as long as I had 02 simulators and didnt have that crazy side dump exhaust i could drive it on the street and get it registered... not saying i wouldnt get pulled over :)

i was just posting something up showing that there are other GREAT motors that come from elsewhere besides 2Js, SR20s, RB's etc...

Hell that S38 motor makes more stock HP NA from a 3.8L I-6 than the the RB26 and 2J do and they are turbo...

Tank
08-25-2006, 09:02 AM
no disrepsect meant to the I6 but when you make it seem to be the highest Hp or fastest it still has some ways to go cause teh 2JZ still kicks ass in both those fields but if i owned a m3 no doubt id boost and rock the shit out of it

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
yah.. i didnt say it was the highest HP...

Kendogg did and he said AFAIK... so he didnt really know..

BUTTTTTT

that car has stock block and crank... then forged pistons and rods... thats CRAZY!!!

turbodave
08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
KICK ASS CAR.

turbodave
08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
I guess you can get any motor to make good power. The only important ? is if you have cubic dollars in you wallet to make it happen. I think it takes double the money to make that BMW than a 2jz and makes less power.

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
I guess you can get any motor to make good power. The only important ? is if you have cubic dollars in you wallet to make it happen. I think it takes double the money to make that BMW than a 2jz and makes less power.

well not "any" motor :) hehehe

from my experience... when u are doing stuff like that.. its all the same money...

turbos for the cars are equal price.. intercoolers are equal price... building a head for crazy boost weather on a 2J and nthe S38 should be about the same...

building a crazy motor is building a motor... its ussually all the same thing ussually when u are dealing with this kind of power...

The S38 in the videos is really not all that built and still got 1422... its stock block, stock crank, forged rods and pistons... built head...
thats it for the actually Engine itself...

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 10:06 AM
At the end of the day if he really wanted to go fast he would have put a V8 in it anyways.

BTEC
08-25-2006, 10:25 AM
ACTUALLY U ALL ARE WRONG. IT NOT ALL ABOUT POWER BUT THE CHASIS HAS TO BE RIGHT AS WELL. THE COMPONENTS CONECTED TO THE MTR DOESNT REALLY COUNT AS THE ENGINE BUILD. CARBON FIBER INTAKE MANIFOLD, TURBOS (2 OF THE BIG ONES), CUSTOM WATER TO AIR INTERCOOLER. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY THE REAR SECTION OF THE CAR HAS BEEN TUBBED, NARROWED AND FULLY (WHATEVER WRDS MEAN ENCLOSED WITH SHEETMETAL AND BOXED IN). DO I HAVE TO TEACH YAWL ER-THANG?

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 10:27 AM
ACTUALLY U ALL ARE WRONG. IT NOT ALL ABOUT POWER BUT THE CHASIS HAS TO BE RIGHT AS WELL. THE COMPONENTS CONECTED TO THE MTR DOESNT REALLY COUNT AS THE ENGINE BUILD. CARBON FIBER INTAKE MANIFOLD, TURBOS (2 OF THE BIG ONES), CUSTOM WATER TO AIR INTERCOOLER. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY THE REAR SECTION OF THE CAR HAS BEEN TUBBED, NARROWED AND FULLY (WHATEVER WRDS MEAN ENCLOSED WITH SHEETMETAL AND BOXED IN). DO I HAVE TO TEACH YAWL ER-THANG?

wow dude... really? the car build has more to do then just the motor...

THANX!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTEC
08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
wow dude... really? the car build has more to do then just the motor...

THANX!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
OH, A NOOB. EVERYBODY ELSE WOULDVE KNOWN THAT WAS A JOKE, HENSE THE F&F QUOTE OF "2 OF THE BIG ONES". SMART GUY.

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 10:35 AM
OH, A NOOB. EVERYBODY ELSE WOULDVE KNOWN THAT WAS A JOKE, HENSE THE F&F QUOTE OF "2 OF THE BIG ONES". SMART GUY.

wow u have 12,000 post on importatlanta...

YOU ARE SOOOOO COOL...

come over to bimmerforums.com
where i spend more of my time
or euroteknik.com/forum

get a life dude ur calling me a forum noob... hahhahahahha

BTEC
08-25-2006, 10:40 AM
wow u have 12,000 post on importatlanta...

YOU ARE SOOOOO COOL...

come over to bimmerforums.com
where i spend more of my time
or euroteknik.com/forum

get a life dude ur calling me a forum noob... hahhahahahha
I WAS JUST SAYING U DNT POST THAT MUCH ON HERE SO THAT IS PROLLY Y U DIDNT REALIZE I WAS JOKING. I DNT MESS WITH BMW'S SO Y WOULD I GO ON A BIMMER FORUM? :rolleyes: I MOST PLAY WITH MATCHBOX CARS (HONDAS) SO I DEFINITELY WOULDNT FIT IN ON EUROTEKNIK. GET A LIFE? LOOKS LIKE WE BOTH NEED TO DO THAT. AS FOR U BEING A FORUM NOOB I DNT KNOW BUT UR ARE A NOOB OR HERE. Y R U GETTING SO DEFENSIVE FOR THOUGH?

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I WAS JUST SAYING U DNT POST THAT MUCH ON HERE SO THAT IS PROLLY Y U DIDNT REALIZE I WAS JOKING. I DNT MESS WITH BMW'S SO Y WOULD I GO ON A BIMMER FORUM? :rolleyes: I MOST PLAY WITH MATCHBOX CARS (HONDAS) SO I DEFINITELY WOULDNT FIT IN ON EUROTEKNIK. GET A LIFE? LOOKS LIKE WE BOTH NEED TO DO THAT. AS FOR U BEING A FORUM NOOB I DNT KNOW BUT UR ARE A NOOB OR HERE. Y R U GETTING SO DEFENSIVE FOR THOUGH?

turn off caps... hurts my eyes
i have a life... there are no track events right this minute so i forum surf :)

BTEC
08-25-2006, 10:54 AM
turn off caps... hurts my eyes
i have a life... there are no track events right this minute so i forum surf :)
no prob. so are do u race for a living or something? that would be cool. i thought u were like the owner of autofab or something. i gather that from the sig and the dude posting about exhaust wrk a while back. i dnt know if it was u or not.

Jaimecbr900
08-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Question:

If a motor makes 1000 HP on an ENGINE dyno, wouldn't it make LESS IN THE CAR????? :thinking:

So how if this BMW engine makes 1000+ HP OUT of the car would it make MORE power than 2jz's IN the car that dyno'd IN the car 1000+ HP to the ground?

BTW, if I'm not mistaken that new NDRA dragster class uses a 2jz motor as well. I think those guys are doing some testing and are running some low numbers so far.

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 11:05 AM
no prob. so are do u race for a living or something? that would be cool. i thought u were like the owner of autofab or something. i gather that from the sig and the dude posting about exhaust wrk a while back. i dnt know if it was u or not.

im a tech/fabricator/welder

but im a driver :) - im working my way into full out just driving... couple years away!!!

Thomas owns autofab

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Question:

If a motor makes 1000 HP on an ENGINE dyno, wouldn't it make LESS IN THE CAR????? :thinking:

So how if this BMW engine makes 1000+ HP OUT of the car would it make MORE power than 2jz's IN the car that dyno'd IN the car 1000+ HP to the ground?

BTW, if I'm not mistaken that new NDRA dragster class uses a 2jz motor as well. I think those guys are doing some testing and are running some low numbers so far.

yes... you are correct... 1422 on the engine dyno... prolly 1250 to the wheels... maybe a little bit more

im not into drag racing.. its kind of lame... i was just posting it because its something

BESIDES a supra with a 2j... ive seen enough supras with single turbos doing this... its old and boring

BTEC
08-25-2006, 11:08 AM
im a tech/fabricator/welder

but im a driver :) - im working my way into full out just driving... couple years away!!!

Thomas owns autofab
ahh, yeah i used to do all of that as well but had to put it on hold for a while. i would like to do the real time touring cup racing like on speed vision with pierre kleinubing (sp). i want to own my own shop, build cars and race. thats all i wnt to do. its alot but im no stranger and am not affraid to wrk. but the reason things are on hold is i cant figure out how to get there. :thinking:

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Ryan Woon put like 1600hp to the ground in a car that is way more of a street car than that BMW.

BTEC
08-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Ryan Woon put like 1600hp to the ground in a car that is way more of a street car than that BMW.
DNT LOOK LIKE THEY BUILT THE BMW TO BE A STREET CAR MR BALLER SIR. :thinking:

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 11:26 AM
DNT LOOK LIKE THEY BUILT THE BMW TO BE A STREET CAR MR BALLER SIR. :thinking:

According to the BMW expert thats a street car.

Which just shows how fucking stupid this post is.

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 11:30 AM

u cant read moron...

i said its "street legal"

not "street car"

wow... read before u post... then u wont sound stupid...

BTEC
08-25-2006, 11:31 AM

WHAT? I DNT THINK THE EXHAUST COMING OUT OF THE DOOR IS LEGAL.

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
WHAT? I DNT THINK THE EXHAUST COMING OUT OF THE DOOR IS LEGAL.

WOW LEARN TO READ...

jesus christ

its street legal in sweden...

for here in the states u need cats and full exhaust...

wow

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Hey dumbfuck, do you actually think that its street legal anywhere?

YES\NO

If you answer yes then you are just as big a fucking idiot as I thought.

skillzilla
08-25-2006, 11:35 AM
This thread has turned ghey with a quickness. Bottom Line: thats one bad ass Bimmer :)

BTEC
08-25-2006, 11:36 AM
WOW LEARN TO READ...

jesus christ

wow
MAN, IM GETTING TIRED OF U GETTING ALL BITCHY AT ME AND SHIT. I DIDT READ WHAT U WROTE ABOUT IT OR HE WOULDNT HAVE TO TELL ME BOUT IT BEING A STREET CAR NE WHERE OBVIOUSLY. EXCUSE ME FOR NOT READING UR ARTICLE FIRST BUT SERIOUSLY QUIT GOING OFF ON ME OVER STUPID SHIT. IM TRYING NOT TO BE AN ASSHOLE RIGHT NOW.

BTEC
08-25-2006, 11:37 AM
This thread has turned ghey with a quickness. Bottom Line: thats one bad ass Bimmer :)
I AGREE

Big Baller
08-25-2006, 11:37 AM
WOW LEARN TO READ...

jesus christ

wow

I assume you are familar with all the laws in Sweden then.

Being street legal would make it a street car and its not a street car.

Tank
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
ill say this i wont go tick for tack on it but this m3 or for tha matter any m3 has yet to produce or come close to what the 2jz produces and accoplishes i could go on all day and name so many supras plus you go tot htink bang for buck it cost so much to build up a m3 or m5 to a standard of a 2jz equipped anything now you feel is boring but damn i think old school BMW's are boring and boxy looking only thing i like is the engine bay cause of cleaniness so id say your aruguement is not solid man. also the bmw is not street legal anywhere i would know i just left from being stationed in europe they got this thing called tufe "i might have spelled it wrong" and the polizie over there definitly wouldnt play the exhaust coming out the side my man trust me

Jaimecbr900
08-25-2006, 11:55 AM
yes... you are correct... 1422 on the engine dyno... prolly 1250 to the wheels... maybe a little bit more

im not into drag racing.. its kind of lame... i was just posting it because its something

BESIDES a supra with a 2j... ive seen enough supras with single turbos doing this... its old and boring

Well then, I'm a little confused as to your statements then. :thinking:

How come the "engine dyno" argument be in mix then? Whomever made it a point to say that it was the most powerful I6 to go on "engine dyno" as if it somehow is the pinacle of performance measurements. We all agree it gives you exact MOTOR power, but doesn't power to the GROUND matter more???? :thinking: You can have 1000 HP coming out of a motor but if you run it thru a parasitic drivetrain and only put down 800 to the ground......how's that any different than any other car putting 800 to the ground? It would seem that ground HP would be more important a number than BHP, wouldn't it? :thinking:

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm genuinely asking.

Besides, you have to also understand that you have to compare apples to apples. The BMW mentioned is far less restricted than professional sanctioned cars here. By a good bit I believe. Here there are weight requirements, displacement requirement, tire size requirements, chassis requirements, etc. I would like to see what the output would be if they were restricted to U.S. sanctioning rules and specs. Then it would be a more even comparison.

BTW, that car is badass regardless of how much HP it does or does not make. Very nice clean underhood install. Nice fabrication work. Impressive 1/4 mi numbers. Very very nice indeed. :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
08-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Well then, I'm a little confused as to your statements then. :thinking:

How come the "engine dyno" argument be in mix then? Whomever made it a point to say that it was the most powerful I6 to go on "engine dyno" as if it somehow is the pinacle of performance measurements. We all agree it gives you exact MOTOR power, but doesn't power to the GROUND matter more???? :thinking: You can have 1000 HP coming out of a motor but if you run it thru a parasitic drivetrain and only put down 800 to the ground......how's that any different than any other car putting 800 to the ground? It would seem that ground HP would be more important a number than BHP, wouldn't it? :thinking:

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm genuinely asking.

Besides, you have to also understand that you have to compare apples to apples. The BMW mentioned is far less restricted than professional sanctioned cars here. By a good bit I believe. Here there are weight requirements, displacement requirement, tire size requirements, chassis requirements, etc. I would like to see what the output would be if they were restricted to U.S. sanctioning rules and specs. Then it would be a more even comparison.

BTW, that car is badass regardless of how much HP it does or does not make. Very nice clean underhood install. Nice fabrication work. Impressive 1/4 mi numbers. Very very nice indeed. :goodjob:

i dunno.. i didnt make the engine dyno post :)
that was my roommate

i just thinks its badass

/end thread

Jaimecbr900
08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
i just thinks its badass

It is a badass car, no doubt.

Just remember that when you make a blanket statement, it will likely put some people on the offensive. Jesse wasn't even trying to be argumentative and you snapped at him pretty hard for no reason IMO. Just be cool about it and you'll likely get a better reception. Just FYI. :goodjob:

kendogg
08-25-2006, 06:41 PM
ill say this i wont go tick for tack on it but this m3 or for tha matter any m3 has yet to produce or come close to what the 2jz produces and accoplishes i could go on all day and name so many supras plus you go tot htink bang for buck it cost so much to build up a m3 or m5 to a standard of a 2jz equipped anything now you feel is boring but damn i think old school BMW's are boring and boxy looking only thing i like is the engine bay cause of cleaniness so id say your aruguement is not solid man. also the bmw is not street legal anywhere i would know i just left from being stationed in europe they got this thing called tufe "i might have spelled it wrong" and the polizie over there definitly wouldnt play the exhaust coming out the side my man trust me

What kind of money does itt ake to make some numbers with a 2jz? I'm genuinly curious, I really have no idea, enver liked toyota anything personally, so, ya know, never cared to research. Can somebody give me a few ballpark figures, like, a few minor bolt-ons with a price, turbo with a price, and maybe crazy turbo with a price?

Just so you guys know, thats not an engine that EVER came in any M3. That engine is from an M5. Vidar Strand uses that engine because it's basically the most bulletproof engine BMW has ever built in recent years that insane power can be built from.

As for the engine dyno thing, idk, it was somethign I read about his eninges. I never meant to say that it was the absolute all-mighty most powerful engine ever, i just meant that not many people put an engine on an engine dyno, and get the true, exact output of the engine for proof. This is the most powerful engine he's built yet from the S38 family, I believe, and I think he's going to keep pushing the envelope. Only problem I forsee is hi running out of engines to build, lmfao. The S38 is slightly rare. there were about 1000 put into the M1 in 1979-1980, somewhere around there, then roughly 3k in the E28 M5, then not sure about the E34 M5.

Vteckidd
08-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Cost of buidling a 2JZ> "M" Anything
Availability of parts for a 2jz>"M" Anything

Supras are somewhat easy to get POWER out of, they do cost money, but its not too bad. with $9000-10,000(you do the labor) you can make 1200-1400 WHP, thats WHEEL HORSE POWER, not FLYWHEEL HORSE POWER.

HANDS DOWN the Supra motor is the BEST IMPORT MOTOR in terms of aftermarket support, reliability, power out put, availability of parts, ease to work on. They are simple motors, i put Turbo Daves Cylinder head together when he was busy , i had never touched a toyota before, but they ahd a similar layout to a honda head so it was easy.

they OWN all IMHO

still a nice BMW

HalfBaked
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Sweet.

In sweden you don't need headlights to be street legal!

kendogg
08-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Cost of buidling a 2JZ> "M" Anything
Availability of parts for a 2jz>"M" Anything

A little biased there, aren't we? and availability, as far as I know for ANYTHING turbo, is about the same, especially when your buying a kit or building yourself there, guy. That answers moot. Just shows your just as biased as others here. I'm trying not to be biased, I want a truthful statement of what it costs somebody to make x HP, be it at wheel or crank.

Vteckidd
08-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Then read my whole post, GO PRICE SHIT OUT.

go price Rods, Pistons, Bearings, Camshafts, valvetrain, Turbo, Turbo manifold, injectors, Intake manifold, Ported cylinder head, Engine managment

go price it all out, i bet its:
1) easier to find 2JZ parts
2) i bet they are somewhat cheaper
3) I bet they last longer LOL

kendogg
08-29-2006, 10:45 PM

go price Rods, Pistons, Bearings, Camshafts, valvetrain, Turbo, Turbo manifold, injectors, Intake manifold, Ported cylinder head, Engine managment

Umm. Your an idiot. Call up JE. I GUARENTEE their wont be more than a $50 difference in price of ANY set of their pistons, with the same amount of work done to them. And the same goes for any performance internals. Custom parts are custom parts, they all cost the same. Its materials and workmanship that your paying for by then, not a damn name. Talk about being on a high horse, christ. And since wheen does engine management costs differ from car to car? Aftermarket engine management is aftermarket engine management there, buddy. And with race aprts, I honestly beleive they all have the same lifespan, juts depends on purpose and how they are used. TCD puts turbo kits on old-school 80s 5 series with over 150k on them, for about $6k in parts, your getting about 350-375 to the wheels, great driveability, and a product thats now been proven to last another 100k mjiles on a base engine that started with over 150k miles WITHOUT a rebuild. GTFO with your useless baseless claims of lasting longer and superiority bullshit.

kendogg
08-29-2006, 10:47 PM

AND, btw, Im pretty sure I said I have no real experience with 2JZ's, so, umm, what wopuld pricing out some parts do for me, possibly give me a list of cool sounding parts with high or low price tags that I could have no earthly clue about weather any of them will work properly even together? Thats ignorant. Why not answer the question or STFU with your again, useless AND baseless claims? kthanxbye.

Jaimecbr900
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't know why you have to be so confrontational. If by your own admission you don't know anything about a 2jz, then why are you trying to compare it to anything????? :thinking:

I know someone that has a 2jz stock block, stock crank, aftermarket pistons, aftermarket valvetrain, performance injectors, stock intake, Greddy Turbo, and I/C, that makes quite a bit of HP. It cost him probably less than $5k to do that. It's in a race car BTW. So it's beaten on week after week after week. That same round about setup lasted an entire racing season w/o a rebuild at all. Even ran nitrous thru it.

I know someone else that has a 2jz, with over 100K miles, T66, DPI nitrous, stock intake, stock crank, stock block, just pistons/valvetrain done that has a weak cylinder yet STILL runs in the 11's and is 100% street legal.

Point is that it is that not every 2jz that is built costs a ton of money to build. Some do, some don't. Maybe they do all their own work. Maybe they let a shop do the work. But it is very true that there are far more performance parts available for the 2jz than the E38 you guys are fighting about. Therefore, it would stand to reason that it is relatively easier and possibly less expensive to build that motor than it would be one where most everything is "custom" made.

Trust me, I know first hand. There aren't many things available on the shelves for a 1uzfe motor like mine here in the states. ;)

Vteckidd
08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
AND, btw, Im pretty sure I said I have no real experience with 2JZ's, so, umm, what wopuld pricing out some parts do for me, possibly give me a list of cool sounding parts with high or low price tags that I could have no earthly clue about weather any of them will work properly even together? Thats ignorant. Why not answer the question or STFU with your again, useless AND baseless claims? kthanxbye.
why do i have to give YOU all the answers? i already know the answer, go do some research yourself.

I know guys that RaCE THEIR BMWS AND WE BUILD 2JZs. i know the cost, power, reliability factor already.

I have never seen a BMW make 750whp on a stock block, but i have a 2JZ here that does

kendogg
08-30-2006, 11:33 AM
why do i have to give YOU all the answers? i already know the answer, go do some research yourself.

I know guys that RaCE THEIR BMWS AND WE BUILD 2JZs. i know the cost, power, reliability factor already.

I have never seen a BMW make 750whp on a stock block, but i have a 2JZ here that does

If you know so much, why cant you just spit out a few numbers then? It's retarted for me to try and do hours or even weeks of research in order fo rme to gain some knowledge about somethign I know I will never own. I"m just trying to do a comparison, and your the one being retarted, k?

DinanM3atl
08-30-2006, 11:34 AM

hahahahah wow... this thread right here... did u watch the video?
STOCK BLOCK
the other thread with the 1025hp street m3....
STOCK BLOCK...

wow...

Vteckidd
08-30-2006, 11:45 AM
hahahahah wow... this thread right here... did u watch the video?
STOCK BLOCK
the other thread with the 1025hp street m3....
STOCK BLOCK...

wow...
yeh for how long?

The Yousef
08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
...honda 4 lyfe!!!!

~leaves quickly~

DinanM3atl
08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
yeh for how long?

ok first you say you have never seen it... but you responded in both post with stock block BMWs
now you want to know for how long...

Ask kendogg... people with M30 motors(e28 5 series) with 150K on the car... will boost 18 pounds daily and drive for another 100K with no rebuild...
You can boost a 100K BMW no problem and drive the piss out of it...

BMW uses cast iron blocks... same shit as the 2jZ i believe...

Vteckidd
08-30-2006, 11:52 AM
well i go by EXPERIEINCE, not what i see online.

In my experieince, i have NEVER seen a BMW roll through here or in ATL for that matter with a turbo an make 750whp

DinanM3atl
08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
well i go by EXPERIEINCE, not what i see online.

In my experieince, i have NEVER seen a BMW roll through here or in ATL for that matter with a turbo an make 750whp

they are around... they dont post on IA...

there is a silver one... it has over 600hp... its just like my car(same chassis and motor)

we are going to build Kendoggs E30 325... it should be able to get 400 no problem and thats not even a very good motor

another guy has about 400... thre are multiple supercharged ones... one has 435 supercharged

Another black one... i dont know his exact specs but he has over 500... Another guy has an e36 325 he has over 400...

Heres the thing with BMWs... most BMW drivers.. COULD GIVE TWO SHITS about racing down 85(which is lame) and drag racing... they want linear power to go fast in twisties...

Vteckidd
08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
none of those are anywhere near 750whp

k thanks bye

HiPSI
08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
At the end of the day if he really wanted to go fast he would have put a V8 in it anyways.

:)

HiPSI
08-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Heres the thing with BMWs... most BMW drivers.. COULD GIVE TWO SHITS about racing down 85(which is lame) and drag racing... they want linear power to go fast in twisties...

in my extensive time spent in the twisties i rarely see these BMW drivers around... the few i've seen are generally somewhere off the side of a mountain or buried in a gorge.

Vteckidd
08-30-2006, 12:55 PM
in my extensive time spent in the twisties i rarely see these BMW drivers around... the few i've seen are generally somewhere off the side of a mountain or buried in a gorge.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

HiPSI
08-30-2006, 01:13 PM
for baller...

the only good BMW
http://hasanmotorsports.com/Images/initialinstall/meanangle.jpg

IndianStig
08-30-2006, 08:24 PM

HOLLY SHIT BTEC TURNS OFF HIS CAPS LOCKS!!!!!!!!!!

On_Her_Face
08-30-2006, 08:26 PM
for baller...

the only good BMW
http://hasanmotorsports.com/Images/initialinstall/meanangle.jpg

that is the only good one besides the m5.. and e30 m3

HiPSI
08-30-2006, 08:31 PM
that is the only good one besides the m5.. and e30 m3

i wasn't saying that based on the car.... look in the engine bay.

HalfBaked
08-30-2006, 09:07 PM
i wasn't saying that based on the car.... look in the engine bay.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8...

HMM that's not stock...

BTW.

Wasn't that drift BMW from a few months back making like insane power?