PDA

View Full Version : THINKING ABOUT BUYING A CAR....

DARLING DARA
08-24-2006, 04:31 AM
So, I wasn't sure where to post. But I'd like some opinions on cars. I'm currently in the process of buying a new car, after almost a year without one.

My car history isn't so great. Never did any mods to either of my old cars.

I had a 03 Mazda 6 before someone ran me off the road. That was a total.
Then I purchased an 00 Toyota Celica GT, and then some punk slammed into me. So that's totaled too.

Both cars drove really nice.

I need a car that I'll be.. "safe" in, all the while be able to have fun with.

I recently looked into the 03 Acura TLs and the newer models. Very very nice cars, however the newer models aren't exactly in my price range.

I'm shooting for 15,000 but willing to go 20,000 if the car is right.
Safe, reliable, roomy. Something "fun" to drive and possibly mod. Nothing too quick because I don't think insurance will agree with me. Hah.

Just looking for opinions on different imports out there. Thanks!

Hektik
08-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Get the new VW Rabbit. it should be right in ur price range. and a very good car and fun to drive. plus u get all the luxuries of a VW. and a cool little rabbit symbol lol

N/A EK
08-24-2006, 06:19 AM
2006 Spec V--4door,cheap insurance,fun to drive...:D

DARLING DARA
08-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys!

Not a big fan of VW, but it's a pretty sweet little ride. However, I've always been a Jetta fan?

Haven't exactly taken a look at the new Spec-V but.. I just might go at the end of this week!

Bruce Leroy
08-24-2006, 01:00 PM
scion tc

dELfONiK
08-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Well, if you like the newer model TL's but can't afford them, how bout a used TSX?

SLow_POke
08-24-2006, 05:30 PM
get a TANK. fuck small cars in your kind of luck you need a TRUCK F-350 FTW!!!!!!

oh wait you said import

NISSAN TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-ERnie

DARLING DARA
08-24-2006, 06:32 PM
hahah, yeah i kind of want an suv.. preferably a toyota 4runner.. iunno why. i've always been a fan.

TCs are nice too -- a lot of room, and you have all those options with them. haven't driven one yet tho.

tsx huh? not a bad idea. i might look into it. i just like the way the TL looks. i might look into the tsx tho.. i love the lights. hahah..