PDA

View Full Version : Misc Nintendo Wii?

Seymour222
08-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Has anyone else seen this? Supposively Nintendo and IBM have worked something out to come out with this...

http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

It looks....unique.

Repost Squintz
08-23-2006, 09:41 PM
yeah, that controller would definately take some getting used too.

Maverick
08-24-2006, 01:04 PM
looks gay as shit, nintendo hasnt had anything good since the 64........the only thing that people can look forward to with that damn thing is zelda, and the new smashbros.........

JITB
08-24-2006, 05:41 PM
looks gay as shit, nintendo hasnt had anything good since the 64........the only thing that people can look forward to with that damn thing is zelda, and the new smashbros.........

u crazy.. nintendo is the only company that has made all its money off videogames. they always do soemthin different, i actually want to playit to see how it is. The ps3 looks prettyboring, just another system nothin new.

98Impreza234
08-24-2006, 07:05 PM
the wii does look pretty bad ass.

dartingd
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
the wii will own all! and all this crap has been out forever...wake the heck up dude!

Stormhammer
08-25-2006, 11:39 PM
yea man welcome to 4 months ago lol

i dunno i'll have to see when it comes to gaming time

chrisdavis
08-26-2006, 08:59 AM

There will be an option to download old NES, SNES, and N64 titles. Which is why I will be purchasing one

08-26-2006, 12:54 PM
^^ im with you.... that will be like the only reason why i'll buy one..... there are a couple games (Mike Tyson Punch Out) that i still haven't beat.... so that will be a little challenge.... but something tells me i still won't be able to beat it ^_^

HyPer50
08-26-2006, 04:50 PM
It seems cool from everything i've heard, but I wouldn't consider it in the same class as the 360/PS3.. I'd consider it more of a Gamecube Retry lmao... looks ok tho, but the remote is still kinda crazy.

chrisdavis
08-27-2006, 10:55 AM
It seems cool from everything i've heard, but I wouldn't consider it in the same class as the 360/PS3.. I'd consider it more of a Gamecube Retry lmao... looks ok tho, but the remote is still kinda crazy.

From what I read it will have an option to plug in a game cube controller. I dont like the looks of that remote controll either

Outphase
08-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Nintendo owns the console / portable gaming world. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit about game history.

SEGA was its only competition , and now they died and went to software only.

Stormhammer
08-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Nintendo USED to own the console world

Outphase
08-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Selling Madden NFL 20XX (enter year where X is) and any random sports game (enter year here) does not make you really innovative/dominative, because it's universal and preference of console.

If you want to bring up any gaming system released vs. and such (Gamecube doesn't count), bring it...I can justify anything. :)

Xbox = POS Computer with a celeron 733 mh/z btw.

HyPer50
08-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Nintendo owns the console / portable gaming world. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit about game history.

SEGA was its only competition , and now they died and went to software only.

That doesn't change the fact that they haven't released a solid/popular console in the last 10 years. The Wii may be different, but Nintendo has been non existent as of late. (not counting handhelds, talking about console systems)

Outphase
08-27-2006, 03:28 PM
N64 was how long ago? Wasn't it popular? Goldeneye anyone?

HyPer50
08-27-2006, 03:37 PM
N64 was how long ago? Wasn't it popular? Goldeneye anyone?

N64 was released in 1996... AKA 10 years ago. Thats the last "popular" console they have released

Stormhammer
08-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Pokemon SNAP!

hmm... pokemon -runs to go find my gameboy advanced-

and even around the age of the N64 - the Playstation was a pretty good contender - then came the Gamecube XBox and PS2 - Xbox was cool with some racing games and Halo, PS2 still had all the kick ass games, and Gamecube I think had Zelda and Super Smash Bros. Melee

JITB
08-27-2006, 04:52 PM
ps2 has been dead for the last 2 years

Outphase
08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Goldeneye was not a release title for the Nintendo 64, it was released mid-64 life.

Gamecube had Animal Crossing, Zelda, Gameboy Advance emulator, Metroid Prime, and Smash Brothers. It was basically an extension of the Nintento 64, which proved to be not worthy enough, and the system was geared towards kids, rather than an older audience.

PS2 has Tekken 5, Beatmania IIDX ( and all Konami Bemani Sims), Guilty Gear XX: Slash, Kaido Battle series, Gran Turismo 5, Street Fighter Series, and thats about it.

HyPer50
08-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Goldeneye was not a release title for the Nintendo 64, it was released mid-64 life.

Gamecube had Animal Crossing, Zelda, Gameboy Advance emulator, Metroid Prime, and Smash Brothers. It was basically an extension of the Nintento 64, which proved to be not worthy enough, and the system was geared towards kids, rather than an older audience.

PS2 has Tekken 5, Beatmania IIDX ( and all Konami Bemani Sims), Guilty Gear XX: Slash, Kaido Battle series, Gran Turismo 5, Street Fighter Series, and thats about it.

I'm not talkin' about games.. I just said they haven't released a truely succesful console system since the N64 (10 years ago). They have been trailing to Microsoft and Sony ever since then.

Outphase
08-27-2006, 09:38 PM
It's depending on what people will buy into, Football games, Halol, and/or RPG's, and Nintendo has lacked plenty of that for Gamecube, but now is making up majorly with the Nintendo Wii. I predict a lot more people will own this Nintendo console by a longshot versus a Gamecube or Xbox combined.

HyPer50
08-27-2006, 09:44 PM
It's depending on what people will buy into, Football games, Halol, and/or RPG's, and Nintendo has lacked plenty of that for Gamecube, but now is making up majorly with the Nintendo Wii. I predict a lot more people will own this Nintendo console by a longshot versus a Gamecube or Xbox combined.

I think the new Wii will be cool for certain game types... but I honestly can't see playing a football game using the remote. I'm sure it'll have its thing it rocks at, but somethings I'm just not sure about.. I'll have to see how this remote works cause it honestly confuses the hell outta me.. no clue how you'd even hold it lmao.

Outphase
08-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Not worried about that, I'm worried about playing the new MMO coming out.

How am I suppose to play an online RPG for 18 hours straight if I have to do hand motions? Haha...

Stormhammer
08-27-2006, 10:22 PM

Animal Cross was okay - Metroid sucked, Smash was good.

You forgot about Metal Gear Solid btw....

Stormhammer
08-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Not worried about that, I'm worried about playing the new MMO coming out.

How am I suppose to play an online RPG for 18 hours straight if I have to do hand motions? Haha...

the one thing I can see that controller has going for it is the sword fighting ones - then I'll really get into it

but even Nintendo stated its going for the adult audience

and fuck PS3 - they said they're not even aiming at the average consumer market :no:

Outphase
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Definetly. I am glad Nintendo is grabbing us 'old school' players, because that's what gaming was all about, right? The Classics, the games that actually were GOOD because of gameplay and the overall...not for bandwagon

Stormhammer
08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
yeah but I can't help but wonder about how big of a gamble they're taking - at least they'll come out on top of the PS3 - Sony's fucked lol

JITB
08-28-2006, 05:18 PM

i think 64 was ahead of its time a little, just like the dreamcast was too. But the only REL games on ps2 u have listed are tekken - GT5, b/c the street figter series are xbox titles also. Sony screwed ppl two times with promises of all this software, and all taht shit went out the window. anything they do with the ps3 online wise will be a shadow of Xbox live.. i almost dont want a ps3..

Outphase
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Nintendo has history, balls, and popular First-party titles. No one can forget the SNES classics at all (FF III, Chrono Trigger, and other games), needless to say the N64 did kill PSX in terms of graphics , but lacked games and I think you're right when you say that they released it slightly too early.

Nintendo is going to attract tons of market and companies interested in their system due to the hardware and price of the system. Companies will only make games for the cheaper systems or whatever is in demand, because they'll be able to make more money.

Sony and Nintendo definetly are switching positions this time.... Sony will be the one with the nice hardware and technology with no games for 5 years...haha.

I think Sony ran out of titles and rights, and they know they're doomed, so that's why they've hiked up the price in attempt to make it seem like something it's not. They're trying to market it as 'more than a console, it's a computer' ... wtf? Consoles are pre-build / non-upgradable (to an extent) computer. Sony has got to be thinking everyone is a god damn idiot and willing to shell out that kind of money for such.

They are going to fake out their sales, too by saying they sold 5 million systems the first day, but in reality everyone knows the numbers such as those are the systems they sold to stores to sell...not the people themselves. SO they will more than likely falsify their claims, just like the N-Gage did, but how many of the 32342342 n-gages have you seen in real life with people walking around and shit? None.

Maverick
08-28-2006, 06:53 PM
nintendo wiiiieeeaakkk...

HyPer50
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
needless to say the N64 did kill PSX in terms of graphics

Dont know if I fully agree with that one... The main thing I liked about the N64 was the quick load times (cartridge) compared the to the loading times of the PS1. I think aside from that, the PS1 rocked.. but both had there great things.. Mario Kart 64 was just awesome.... lmao

Stormhammer
08-28-2006, 11:35 PM
shit - I forgot that N-Gages even existed!

dartingd
08-29-2006, 06:20 AM
virtual boy ftw!

Outphase
08-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Virtual Boy never existed. It's your virtual reality, boy.

dartingd
08-29-2006, 08:12 AM
lol....my friend had one of those tho...was weird, and hard to play (never could find a happy medium on where to sit so you could look in the viewfinder....

Xan
08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
The Wii remote is really interesting IMO. It's supposed to lock together in different ways to form the different controllers or something(i. e. gamecube, n64, etc...). The hands-on reviews say it works really well and adds a new level of depth to the games and such(Sword fighting and gun-play and stuff). At 200$ I'll buy one just to try it out. I'm a die-hard Sony fan, but I can't justify paying $600 for anything that doesn't come with a cup holder or a complimentary blow-job. If PS3 and blu-ray take off like Sony is hoping for, great. It's no doubt that Sony played a large role in expanding the gaming industry to where it is today and I'd hate to see them go. If PS3 bombs, I'll pick it up 2 years from now in the bargain bin at wal-mart like I did my Dreamcast.

dartingd
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
i think the wii is gonna go for 250 now...still cheap tho...

Ran
08-29-2006, 03:59 PM
I wanna see how Mario Party plays with the controller. I'm not a big Nintendo fan, but Mario Party is fun as hell when you're drunk off your @ss.