PDA

View Full Version : DRINKING + DRIVING = FTL!!!

4dmin
08-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Ya so kate was telling me yesterday that after Mercer's 1st day back to school (pharmacy school) alot of the girls who are in a faternity all met at a bar to have some drinks... one of the girls was way too drunk to drive home but she did anyway.

fwd >> today they are considering amputating her arm and she isn't doing well to begin w/ they had to drill her skull to release blood... all b/c she drove drunk and hit a telephone pole.

so now a girl who was a A+ student in grad school getting ready to be a Doctor is fighting for her life. i just wanted to share b/c it can happen to anyone. i + many friends have choosen in the past to drive when we shouldn't have. hopefully this accident will be a wake up call for someone.

Hulud
08-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Ya so kate was telling me yesterday that after Mercer's 1st day back to school (pharmacy school) alot of the girls who are in a faternity all met at a bar to have some drinks... one of the girls was way too drunk to drive home but she did anyway.

fwd >> today they are considering amputating her arm and she isn't doing well to begin w/ they had to drill her skull to release blood... all b/c she drove drunk and hit a telephone pole.

so now a girl who was a A+ student in grad school getting ready to be a Doctor is fighting for her life. i just wanted to share b/c it can happen to anyone. i + many friends have choosen in the past to drive when we shouldn't have. hopefully this accident will be a wake up call for someone.
i have a question for you...... arent girls in sororities? :goodjob:

Ran
08-23-2006, 10:38 AM
I can't help but say that part of the blame falls on her friends. If they knew she was too drunk to drive, they should have stopped her by any means. I hope she has a fast recovery and learns from it.

Slowboy
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Regardless of beeing to drunk or not. Friend dont let freinds drive after drinking. Bad things happen. I'm sorry to hear about this. Another prime example of why not to drink and drive. Is it really worth the drive to possibly change the rest of your life.

Curt

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I've personally drove home drunk and woke up the next morning wondering how in the hell I made it home, not even remembering that I drove. It's a scary feeling to know that I could have taken my own life because I was too stupid to realize how big of a mistake I could be making... Now that girl will probably never know how stupid it was, and that sucks for her.

4dmin
08-23-2006, 11:32 AM
i have a question for you...... arent girls in sororities? :goodjob:

yes but for some reason i recall kate saying they only call them faternities at mercer (grad school)... :thinking:

i completely agree anyone who knew she shouldn't be driving is at fault. its pretty crazy though b/c monday was their 1st day of 3rd year... this would of been her last year of actual classes... crazy her whole life is turned upside down b/c of 1 decision.

The Golden Child
08-23-2006, 03:55 PM
hope she gets well and recovers fast ..

carrascopa
08-23-2006, 04:02 PM
SHE CAN SUE THE BAR SHE WAS AT AND WIN.. ITS THE BARS RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTROL THE CONSUMPTION AND MAKE SURE IF DRIVING, THEY ARE SOBER ENUFF 2 DO SO

Elbow
08-23-2006, 04:04 PM
My ex died drinking and driving...not cool.

1439/2000
08-23-2006, 04:10 PM
I can't help but say that part of the blame falls on her friends. If they knew she was too drunk to drive, they should have stopped her by any means. I hope she has a fast recovery and learns from it.

The other part of the blame goes to Bellsouth for putting a telephone pole there.

You drink, you drive, you lose.

/sonny perdue

{X}Echo419
08-24-2006, 08:28 AM
I blame the parents. :2cents:

when I turned 16 my dad kicked my ass and said, "you think that hurts? drive drunk and it'll hurt 100X that!"

ok not really but they did put the "fear" in me @ a young age.

4dmin
08-24-2006, 08:42 AM
we found out she is in critical but stable condition.... we don't know if they had to take her arm :goodjob:

Allshow97
08-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah when me and my friends go out we normally have a person assigned DD and they take everyones keys once we get to the bar. It is up to them to decide if someone can drive or not. And if they can't drive they take a cab home and we return them to their vehicle in the morning.