PDA

View Full Version : When do I get a attorney???

Princess12
08-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Ok... so some of you know that my dirtbike was stolen out of my garage almost a month ago. The four suspects were seen at my residence the day the bike was stolen. Three out of the four have been located and each have attorneys. The fourth suspect is missing and, according to the other three, had the bike last. The police are unable to talk to the remaining three to find out where the bike and/or the fourth person is because their attorneys must be present. However, even with attorneys present, they refuse to know anything about the theft. I have a witness to their presence on my property the day of the theft and a written statement from one of the suspect's grandmother stating her grandson turned up at her house that day with a bike identical to mine. As of yesterday, a boy told my brother that one of the suspects called him asking if he wanted to buy a dirtbike. He went on to explain that he had stolen it from my residence. When do I get an attorney????

HvyArms
08-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Depends on what you want to do? Gonna let the state deal with it as a theft, or do you want to sue someone? If you decide to try and litigate, then the burden of proof is on the plaintif (you). So you'd need all the evidence you could have, the handwritten note from Grandma helps. Eyewitnesses only help though, if they can testify that they actually saw the theft. Seeing the guy's at your house wont help. Neither will a phone call from one of the guys, trying to sell the bike, unless that guy admits to it. Unfortunately, they're all putting in on the 4th guy who can't be found, and neither can the bike. Call an attorney, and ask for some free counsel.

Princess12
08-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok... thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

MongolPup
08-23-2006, 11:29 AM
If you have anymore questions, PM ruiner for sure. He really helped me out with some shit I had; I tried to find and shake his hand at the next couple meets but he never came http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/frown.gif .

HvyArms
08-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Ok... thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

np:goodjob:

Princess12
08-23-2006, 11:34 AM
If you have anymore questions, PM ruiner for sure. He really helped me out with some shit I had; I tried to find and shake his hand at the next couple meets but he never came http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/frown.gif .

I'll do that... thank you so much for the help as well!!