PDA

View Full Version : Misc Autotech schools in GA?

Tank
08-23-2006, 08:09 AM
well im looking into finally usng my G.I bill for my passion and thats working on cars however since im still in the army i cant go full time to the school of my choice so id have to find a nice school in the local area. so my question is there any schools in GA which teaches the following

Fabrication
all motor and vehicle build ups "such as replacing pistons and stuff like that
Body shop courses like doing basic and advanced body work

please pm me or post up if you know of any schools thanks :goodjob:

Tank
08-23-2006, 08:31 PM
anyone know of a decent school

Decker1.8t
08-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Gwinnett Tech for mechanical shit. Not sure what they have as far as body work goes.

If you wanna get into the nitty gritty, try Southern Polytechnic (in marietta) for mechanical engineering. Then you could just engineer your own engine.

EmminoDaGreat
08-23-2006, 09:23 PM
north metro tech is where i go, its good for knowledge and to get you into all the electronics youll have to deal with, probably not what your lookin for, appalachian tech has a good school but you mostly tinker with shit with no guidance, which will probably end up with you not learning shit... and lanier tech which is supposed to have a good body program

Tank
08-25-2006, 08:48 AM
thanks ill look hose schools up on the net definitly intersted in Southern Polytechnic now that would be kick ass right there

BTEC
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
I GRADUATED FROM NORTH METRO A FEW YEARS AGO.
"MY TEACHER SAYS" NORTH METRO AND GWINETT TECH ARE GOOD FOR REGULAR AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY.

UTI OF COURSE ADVERTISES THEIR HOTROD U PROGRAM WHICH IS THE SAME THING THE U LEAR AT NMT AND GT BUT THEY HAVE A EXTRA PROGRAM THATS SUPPOSED TO TEACH U TURBOS, NITROUS, SUPERCHARGERS AND CHASIS BUILDING.

I WAS GONNA GO TO UTI JUST FOR WHATEVER EXTRA INFO I LEARNED OVER WHAT I LEARNED AT NMT EXCEPT I WOULDVE HAD TO PAY 19K OUT OF POSCKET AND TAKE THE AUTO TECHNOLOGY COUSEES ALL OVER EVEN THOUGH I JUST WANTED THE HOT ROD STUFF.

Tank
08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
hmm can anyone get me some information on these schools like contact info i called soutern polytech and they acted liek a deer in headlights btec hook me up with some info not really worried about pricing the army is paying for me to go whereever i want free so might as well use it you know

BTEC
08-25-2006, 11:55 AM
hmm can anyone get me some information on these schools like contact info i called soutern polytech and they acted liek a deer in headlights btec hook me up with some info not really worried about pricing the army is paying for me to go whereever i want free so might as well use it you know
North Metro Technical Inst
Address: 5198 Ross Rd SE, Acworth, GA 30102
Phone: (770) 975-4000
ASK FOR ALI AFSHAR

http://www.uticorp.com/go/schools/
LINK TO UTI.

Decker1.8t
08-25-2006, 01:47 PM

I went there for about 3 years. What do you wanna know?

brwloco
08-26-2006, 07:15 AM
hey man check out AIT, its a nice place just wut ur looking for

http://www.atlantatech.org/

cyb593
08-27-2006, 10:22 PM
i am going to gwinnett tech for toyota and they have general auto, nissan, gm and diesel and heavy machinery. but they dont have body work.

EmminoDaGreat
08-28-2006, 12:54 AM
BTEC dont tell him to talk to ALI lol you know hell scare him away....

Bishop
08-28-2006, 02:19 PM
check out Lanier tech's MVT (motor vehicle technology) program. They are sponsored by panoz. Great program from what i hear. Its more race oriented. For autobody..ehhh just stay away lol...it sucks. But there aren't too many schools for it...Lanier Tech, North Georgia tech, a school in Atlanta and maybe a couple others.

THATdude
08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Southern poly will not teach you what you want to know went there and you wont learn about what you wanna know.

06BlkBalt
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I attend West Central Technical College. Doug Hulsey and Ben Sundling are AWESOME instructors. You may have Spencer as a Intro class into autmotive...he's awesome.

Great school...low cost. Awesome shop and excessive access to tools provided by Snap-On. Teaching is more towards getting0 you ASE Certified.

I also attend DCA. But that is DaimlerChrysler Academy so your getting certified only in those vehicles.

TaKashi
08-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Body shop courses like doing basic and advanced body work
:goodjob:
Griffin Tech is aite with body work course.

green91
08-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Im a grad t-ten student from gwinnett tech and its a good program. Let me give you a word of advice, if your going into a dealer, they dont care if you went to bumlefuck tech or UTI. t-ten gave me a big head start into the dealer because i had most of my core uot courses done.