PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycles Stolen

gbrookie71
08-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Ok ill try to explain this the best i can.

The deal works like this, for those that have there bike in traders. Someone will call you from a blocked number. They will act like there very interested in your sale.. They will want you to meet them in a big parking lot like a school or walmart. Dont be fooled if its in the middle of the day with hundreds of people around. They will eventually ask to ride it around the parking lot. Once on the bike seeya there gone. Nothing you can do but watch them ride off. The only place i know this has happened is around the Calhoun area. Me living in Dalton a guy called me Saturday asking me these ?'s. But he asked me about riding my bike on the phone and i flat out told him there was no way that would happen. Then last night i got a call from someone (Bo) that happen to meet the guy and sure enough his bike was stolen. Bo knows he made a big mistake about letting the guy ride it in the first place. But just wanted to give everyone heads up i could that it could happen to them. Or if you get this call please Contact me and lets set this guy up. Im sure he is not done with this. And there may be more people out there that has ran into a similar situation. Anyways everyone be on the look out. The guy claims he lives in the adairsville area so if anyone gets this call dont let someone ride you bike first off, Second lets get the fucker somehow...

O and Police say theres nothing they can do but run the vin as stolen.

Halfwit
08-22-2006, 08:00 AM
faggets

speedminded
08-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Sooo, here's a question or two: so they meet you in a public place....how the hell did they get there? Do they stand next to some random persons vehicle saying it's theirs?

Scenerio #1, drive in to the wal-mart parking lot and the prospective "buyer" is already there with helmet in hand. I mean, where's he gonna have it? Sitting on the trunk of an employee or customer's car? Normally you ask the person what they'll be driving so you know who to look for, how's he gonna know what car's are there before even getting there? When i'm in the market to buy something normally looking it over is the first thing on my mind....checking out it's condition, making sure it's a all straight, taken care of, etc....kinda suspicious of someone doing that while holding a helmet bc they have no place to put it.

Ask for their license, i always carry a little camera with me so taking a pic of something like that is an everyday thing. What are they going to say? "i don't have it on me" or are they gonna give a fake id...?

Setup a sting, plain and simple. List 2 or 3 bikes in that same area for sale and go from there...it will be a hassle to weed through the legitimate buyers but from keywords they used in other conversations it can be done, have someone else show up extra early to the meeting spot to catch them off guard....almost guaranteed that their car is sitting someplace in the parking lot...so just look for the person carrying a helmet. Ask for proof of ID when they wanna ride, etc.

There's so many things to be suspicious of, anyone getting their bike taken like that is a complete moron.

gbrookie71
08-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Dont get me wrong the guy that got it stolen was hes own fault, and im sure he knows that. But if it happened to him it can happen to others. Some people just dont pick up on things as easy as others. But yea the guy that had his bike stolen told me he talked to another guy that was contacted as well. That guy meet him but wanted to hold the dudes licence before he could ride it, but of course he left it at home. So the thief walked across the street and got in with his buddy at the store.. Yes this scam want work on everyone, because there are to many ifs involved but im just trying to help all i can.

boostedb16
08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
boy you need to read other threads before posting hahahahaha, sellers beware.