PDA

View Full Version : Overheat problem, help please!

SPL_Jetta
08-21-2006, 10:36 PM
My Jetta 1.8t is overheating. Im not driving the car right now, its up at NADC in nashville getting painted. My buddy thats painting it told me that on the way to school today it started to overheat, but tended to stay nearly the same at idle/neutral. He also told me that he thinks the radiator fan is not turning on, which is making me believe that the radiator fan relay, which if im correct is located under or to the side of the battery, has gone bad. Anyone else had anything simular to this. I really dont think it is the water pump, thermostat, etc because its not really overheating in neutral, he coasted halfway to class with basicly overheating when he was in drive. Any suggestions?

2.0civic
08-21-2006, 10:46 PM
headgasket?? relay?? waterpump staring to crap out??

SPL_Jetta
08-21-2006, 10:49 PM
headgasket?? relay?? waterpump staring to crap out??

but wouldnt the radiator fan be the biggest suspect since it is NOT turning on at all, even with A/C?

4dmin
08-22-2006, 07:34 AM
^ ya i was going to say turn on your ac to see if the fan comes on.

Decker1.8t
08-24-2006, 11:07 PM
ouch dude. get that shit checked b4 it fucks up big time.

supervw
09-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Make sure you check and see if the waterpump is flowing the impeller is well known to break and not flow any water the best way to check is to pull off the return hose on top of the coolant tank and rev the engine and see if a good amount of water flows out.Good luck

SPL_Jetta
09-29-2006, 10:18 PM
already fixed the problem, the radiator fan went out months ago aparently, and the water pump cracked in two