PDA

View Full Version : wheel question

never_finished
08-21-2006, 10:04 PM
hey guys my mom hit a pothole in her 96 jetta GLS. busted the inside of the wheel and its pretty much fucked. I did some quick research and found out the lug pattern is 4x100. This means wheels off of civic and stuff fit right? or is the spacing/offset different?

anyone have a cheap wheel or set of jetta wheels? or some set of 4x100 with tires?

Marta Mike
08-21-2006, 10:26 PM
stock for stock im pretty sure the hub size is smaller on a volkswagen than it is on a honda. But aftermarket u should be fine.

fawk_you
08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
You know how to find me. LEMME KNOW. :)

never_finished
08-21-2006, 10:34 PM
stock for stock im pretty sure the hub size is smaller on a volkswagen than it is on a honda. But aftermarket u should be fine.

oh ok, thanks. Is it a huge difference? or could i bore out the hub some?

4dmin
08-22-2006, 07:36 AM
you need to be carefull buying wheels for dubs, i bought some when i had my cabby that were supposed to fit i then had to grind down my calipers a bit to make them fit w/o tearing up the inside of the wheel. ;)

never_finished
08-22-2006, 03:44 PM
you need to be carefull buying wheels for dubs, i bought some when i had my cabby that were supposed to fit i then had to grind down my calipers a bit to make them fit w/o tearing up the inside of the wheel. ;)

thanks for the info, ive checked all the local junkyards today and couldnt find a matching wheel. hopefully i can just find a stock set of jetta wheels for cheap.

Allstar3.8T
08-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Buy a used Jetta wheel and save the grief of improper fitment....
GC