PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation: Paint/Body Shop in ATL

sl8d2bd1
05-20-2005, 02:33 PM
I want a few parts painted. Who does the best import paint work in ATL? No crazy colors - just want the pieces to match the rest of the car.

Thanx --

speedminded
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I want a few parts painted. Who does the best import paint work in ATL? No crazy colors - just want the pieces to match the rest of the car.

Thanx --no matter how good the shop is they're probably not going to be able to "match" the rest of the car unless it's new paint also.

Bishop
06-08-2005, 04:54 PM
what do you need painted? I may be able to help you.

Bishop
06-08-2005, 04:56 PM
no matter how good the shop is they're probably not going to be able to "match" the rest of the car unless it's new paint also.

If you know the paint code it will match. If not...its a bit harder

SLEEK-CRX-SI
06-12-2005, 08:59 PM
If you want what you can do is got to a nearest Auto Color store they supply body shops with paint and other shop items. They also sell to the public. If you know about how much paint you need you can get them to mix the paint to match right there on the spot. They will usually ask for your VIN number so that they can match the paint to the correct shade if it's factory. if not you can bring a sample of your own and they can do it that way also. It's very inexpensive and they matched my paint perfect. After that you can take that paint to any shop where they will cahrge you labor and a little bit of materials like prime and clear coat ect... but it was a very cheap and good way for me and it worked out great. I recommend Yellow River Collision they have a lot of experience when it comes to paint and extra fabrication for imports. Hope that info helps!!!

oh yeah speedminded had a point if the rest of your paint is older the paint will be a little different even if they did match the original paint code b/c your older paint may be a little faded even if it does not appear to be.