PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lost Dog Finds Home

kittychick
08-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Friday during lunch I was outside with the three dogs cleaning my rims (hey, somebodies got to do it- Trav's been lazy- LOL)
Anyways, the dogs started barking at something... and I looked up and this beautiful dog is standing at the top of the driveway. She didn't seem scared of the dogs so I called her over to me. Her collar said "Dixie Rose." What a sweet name for such a sweet dog! As I was petting her I noticed that she was very thin, so I lead her to the house for some water.

After a quick google check her home address on her tag was 6 miles from the house! So I called the vet's # on her tag and got the owners name and contact #. No one was at the house yet and I didn't want to put her in my car; so I called Trav and asked him to let the owners know we had their dog when we was home from work. He said he'd call when he got in.

So I check out the dog and she really looked like she had traveled 6 miles, her ears were full of black dirty ear wax, her nails looked like they hadn't been trimmed in at least a month and her teeth, after looking at them later, well- half were missing.
Here's the dog- isn't she beautiful?
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j315/cbohuczky/P8180021.jpg

*It turns out she wasn't lost- just wanted to take a walk. Travis called the owners, they actually live two houses down. Her tag was over a year old, they moved into the neighborhood well over a year ago.

2.0civic
08-21-2006, 09:12 AM
so you are saying the dog was malnurished?

kittychick
08-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure- I'm not a vet
she did look like an older dog- so perhaps she has health issues?
But the ears and nails are simple things to take care of as a pet owner

2.0civic
08-21-2006, 09:23 AM
yeah, i hate that shit when i see peoplewho think taking care of their pets consists of food and water