PDA

View Full Version : Misc random question/thought

TonyRSX
08-20-2006, 03:54 PM
just a random question/thought...

like everyone on here along with myself...we all care for our pets very much...like another member of the family...

well...i give my dog a kiss on the head everytime i see him...just wondering if dogs(or any other pet) realize that its a sign of affection and that it shows we really care more than a simple petting would...

kittychick
08-20-2006, 05:24 PM
doggie kisses are so cute!
I just read in a book that dogs are very in tune to our bodies. In fact they can smell hormones we produce. So when we're happy and show them affection they understand that a kiss or hug means extra attention. :)

4GPVR4
08-20-2006, 06:26 PM
I think so. Our communication with dogs is 10% verbal & 90% body language. Just like c boz said ^ their are way more sensitive. That's how they can detect seizures, low blood sugar & cancer.

quickdodgeŽ
08-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I agree. I think, depending on your series of actions around your pet, that they come to recognize and understand what each action means. If you come in from work every day and give your dog a kiss on the head and then play with him/her for a few and give the animal a treat or something, he/she will recognize that as good signs. Later, QD.