PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help on fixing up my LS

FauxReal888
08-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Im just going to go ahead and ask everything that I have had questions about in one post, all responses are appreciated....as long as theyre not smart-ass ones.
About half a year ago i bought a 1997 2 door integra LS for $4000, when i bought it there was already a problem with the ABS (the light was on), there was a sort of grinding or a loud buzzing noise when i started the car, i think it make be comming from the ABS pump but im not 100% sure but if it is i need that replaced. Just recently my air compresser went dead and i need another one of those as well as an expansion valve. The compresser would lock up and not rotate alone with the belt so i simply cut the belt off, no more noise! Once thats taken care of I need to find a place around the Lawrenceville/Buford area that does good paint jobs, any info on where I can find these used parts (good quality of course, but beggars cant be choosers) as well as a good body shop would be great.
Like every other import fan all i see is potential when i look at my car, so naturally I already have all the parts i need lined up (except for taillights) and would have them already if i didnt invest in a $1700 computer:no: . I searched them on Nopi and Andysautosport.com only because i have yet to find other good part sites, any other site to do some price comparison would be nice.
I have a set of Angel Eyes headlights to put on my car but i personally like the 98-01 series lights. Like i said before i have a 97 so the headlight ports on my front bumper arnt large enough. I want to get a new front bumper (not a whole ground effects kit) but not one that is extreme looking. I was thinking before about just getting a lip, but ill still need to replace the entire bumper so my Angel Eyes will fit so why bother getting a 98-01 stock bumper and THEN put a lip on it, too expensive and pointless i feel unless i can get it for next to nothing. Which brings me to my next delema; whats a good website to look for some ground effects and with my car being a 97, will a bumper with headlight ports large enough (bumpers made for 98-01's) actually fit on my LS?
I dont have many friends who are in to import cars so much so its kind of hard to bounce ideas off of them and get a truely useful feedback about under-hood additions. Just so i feel what im going to invest in is absolutly what I want, id like to know what other people think about adding on a Skunk2 Cat Back Exhause, 4-2-1 DC headers and AEM Cold Air intake. Other than those im open to any other underhood parts, Im just not sure (other than those 3) what else will add a decent ammount of hp for the price. As far as the exhaust is concerned, I dont want it freaking highpitched (specially in the high RPMs) like a damn mosquito buzzing around the highway, I want a deep sound and was told by a friend of mine that the Skunk2 Cat Back was the way to go.
So thanks for readin up on all that for me, any info or opinions you can give me will be much appreciated.

EmminoDaGreat
08-20-2006, 01:53 PM
i have skunk 2 , sounds great, or mine did til i broke the damn resonator lol

§treet_§peed
08-20-2006, 05:23 PM
should work go here and ask they can definetly tell you everything oyu need to know... www.honda-tech.com also search on E-bay for oem replace ment parts or just parts in general..lotta good stuff at awesome prices..no matter what other peeps say or think ebay still gotta good stuff on there for cars..:D

Bishop
08-20-2006, 09:22 PM
yes a 98+ front bumper will fit. But you need the 98+ headlights and corner lights too.

silversol
08-21-2006, 12:39 AM
yes a 98+ front bumper will fit. But you need the 98+ headlights and corner lights too.
+!