PDA

View Full Version : I saw a bad accident on 85 south towards downtown

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 02:50 AM
I saw an srt 4 and a silver or grey civic on the shoulder. The accident involved two cars, one car t-boned the other car. The car that t-boned the other car went through the passenger side door and ended up on the driver side. I only posted b/c the srt4 and civic look familiar from a earlier meet. There was at least 1 fatality in the crash from what I could tell and I hope it didn’t involve anybody from IA

silversol
08-20-2006, 02:57 AM
so the civic or the srt got t boned what style civic? eg or ek It might have been some one leaving bp tonight!

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 02:58 AM
I looked like a red civic that got tboned. The civic and srt4 were on the shoulder, I guess it was there friend. The civic and srt4 could just been witnesses to the accident

silversol
08-20-2006, 03:05 AM
like a stock civic or a moded hatch details!

ohm4life911
08-20-2006, 03:06 AM
damnnnnnnnn that shit was crazy i saw this too, all lanes blocked besides the HOV and the one next to it.........i think the civic hit other car not sure it was a red civic with altezza tail lights

silversol
08-20-2006, 03:06 AM
details!!!!

ohm4life911
08-20-2006, 03:07 AM
lol couldn't see much it was dark but 11 Alive news team was out there recording it.

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 03:08 AM
idk, I was trying to pay attention to the car in front of me. It looked like it was some ppl from project motorsports and I really hope is wasnt them

ohm4life911
08-20-2006, 03:11 AM
http://www.georgianavigator.com/cameras/85

go down to GDOT-42 you can see the reflection of the cop lights so the accident happend right by the camera so iono can't get a look at the accident

£G2♣
08-20-2006, 03:22 AM
it was me

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 03:24 AM
I just talked to halfwit and he said it was a civic hatch and a altima were involed in the wreck. And that they both may have been at the gnet meet and that the civic driver is dead (rip) and the altima driver ran away form the accident on foot. I saw tyler from project motorsports on the side of the orad and he was a withnesse i think

Flip
08-20-2006, 03:31 AM
Street racing?

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Street racing?

I dont know, but how in the hell do u t-bone a car on the highway.

The Youngn
08-20-2006, 03:39 AM
I dont know, but how in the hell do u t-bone a car on the highway.
mayb he accidentally brushed the quarter panel...put him sideways and hit him...that could b a reason y he ran away on foot. juss 1 of the many possibilities

Stormhammer
08-20-2006, 03:56 AM
shit - prayers go out to the family of the dude who was killed

Keebs ð¿ð
08-20-2006, 04:13 AM
I was the srt4 and Talyor was the gray civic. We didn't witness the wreck but almost slammed into the altima on our way back from gwinnett. The 2 cars were sitting in the middle of 85 with no lights on. We both pulled over to check if they were alright. We couldn't even get up to the car because other cars were swerving and losing control. The police told us after sitting on the side for about 4 hours that the guy in the red civic was killed and most likely died on impact. The witness who saw the wreck said a hispanic guy fled from the black altima. The cops caught him about 2 hours after we had been sitting and brought him back to the wreck. They said they can't tell if the red civic had a passenger until they pull the altima out of it. 11alive news was there and gave me an interview about the whole thing. I took 2 pics with a camera phone but you can't see much becuase the ambulance was right there with flashing lights. I just want to say that my prayers are with the family of the guy in the red civic and that the guy who ran from the altima needs to rot in jail. He should've stepped up and took responsibility for his stupidity. not to mention the cops ran the tag and vin as soon as they got there...

I have never seen such a bad wreck in person before. And I hope the family is strong enough to make it through this

JITB
08-20-2006, 04:13 AM
i hope they werent racing..

Keebs ð¿ð
08-20-2006, 04:15 AM
i hope they werent racing..

They were both tuner cars and the witness who saw the wreck told the police they were racing and both flew by her. She said the civic lost control and slid into the far left wall then flew back across the interstate and the altima slammed into him

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 04:16 AM
I was the srt4 and Talyor was the gray civic. We didn't witness the wreck but almost slammed into the altima on our way back from gwinnett. The 2 cars were sitting in the middle of 85 with no lights on. We both pulled over to check if they were alright. We couldn't even get up to the car because other cars were swerving and losing control. The police told us after sitting on the side for about 4 hours that the guy in the red civic was killed and most likely died on impact. The witness who saw the wreck said a hispanic guy fled from the black altima. The cops caught him about 2 hours after we had been sitting and brought him back to the wreck. They said they can't tell if the red civic had a passenger until they pull the altima out of it. 11alive news was there and gave me an interview about the whole thing. I took 2 pics with a camera phone but you can't see much becuase the ambulance was right there with flashing lights. I just want to say that my prayers are with the family of the guy in the red civic and that the guy who ran from the altima needs to rot in jail. He should've stepped up and took responsibility for his stupidity. not to mention the cops ran the tag and vin as soon as they got there...

I have never seen such a bad wreck in person before. And I hope the family is strong enough to make it through this

Thanks for clearing everything up. I was going to pull over to see if you guys were ok, but I wasnt for sure it was you guys. It looked bad, the car went almost all the way through the other car

Keebs ð¿ð
08-20-2006, 04:19 AM
The front crash bar on the altima was touching the steering wheel on the civic. One sec, I'm loading the pics from my phone to the computer

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 04:19 AM
They were both tuner cars and the witness who saw the wreck told the police they were racing and both flew by her. She said the civic lost control and slid into the far left wall then flew back across the interstate and the altima slammed into him

The guy in the altima was scaried and thats why he ran. I personally wouldnt blame the person that didnt cause the accident, he was just scaried. :(

Keebs ð¿ð
08-20-2006, 04:20 AM
http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/noname.jpg
http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/noname1.jpg

SilverDC5
08-20-2006, 04:28 AM
I also passed this terrible accident. They had a sheet over the drivers side window, but you could still see through the rear window...sent chills through my body. I just hate the thought of the parents getting that call :(

Stormhammer
08-20-2006, 04:42 AM
man i dunno if i wanted to see those pics... i dunno, i guess i just hate seeing an accident where someone died - tomorrow is gonna suck

Flip
08-20-2006, 06:29 AM
sucks :( thats what the drag strip is for tho... don't street race!!!

§treet_§peed
08-20-2006, 06:35 AM
all i gots to say is dude couldn't drive i don't think

fight club
08-20-2006, 07:38 AM
all i gots to say is dude couldn't drive i don't think

your a dumbass. still no reason for him to die. i saw the wreck, drove by it to see if we knew anyone involved. it was horrible. :(

The Ren
08-20-2006, 07:46 AM
my condolences to the driver.. shit like this is what fucks it up for everyone else.. we will be seeing alot about street racing in the coming days from this..

quickdodge®
08-20-2006, 08:12 AM
shit - prayers go out to the family of the dude who was killed

And only to the family. Better him than someone that gives a shit about living. And the driver that ran should end up with the same fate as the driver. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
08-20-2006, 08:16 AM
my condolences to the driver.

Just wondering, but why?

shit like this is what fucks it up for everyone else.

How? This why "shit like this" needs to be taken to a track and not on public roads.

. we will be seeing alot about street racing in the coming days from this..

Good. Later, QD.

BlkCD5
08-20-2006, 08:23 AM
With NOPI soon approaching, sadly, there might be more accidents. The guy should of just stayed there instead of running like a bitch. They would of found his info anyways and now he faces more charges.

2.0civic
08-20-2006, 08:38 AM
sad part is, if they link these two people to the gwinnett meet, we can all kiss BP and petco goodbye...

if the wreck happened the way the witness said, then the person driving the civic is dumbass(not saying he deserved to die though). How the hell(other than blowing a tire) can you lose control like that and obviously for him to get hit in the side, he had to be pulling on the altima or else the altima driver might be dead and not him

Bruce Leroy
08-20-2006, 08:42 AM
was the civic a coupe or hatch?? what kinda wheels??

05Tib
08-20-2006, 08:50 AM
sad part is, if they link these two people to the gwinnett meet, we can all kiss BP and petco goodbye...

if the wreck happened the way the witness said, then the person driving the civic is dumbass(not saying he deserved to die though). How the hell(other than blowing a tire) can you lose control like that and obviously for him to get hit in the side, he had to be pulling on the altima or else the altima driver might be dead and not him

Given to location i would say its safe to assume they are going to just say it was kids from BP. Gives them a really good reason to kick us out now

silversol
08-20-2006, 11:13 AM
http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/noname.jpg
http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/noname1.jpg
The only red hatch I remember seeing there I meet the guy a few times but I can not remember his name. but he had two other people with him and in had silver bbs wheels on it! I hope this is not the guy because I know he had two other people with him! what kind of wheels did it have?

The BUCKY
08-20-2006, 11:16 AM
really sad

Vteckidd
08-20-2006, 11:30 AM
No one has said it, but maybe the altima guy was drunk and ran to sober u? maybe he freaked out when he saw the other kid was dead.

If they were racing, that sucks, but thats what happens. Im glad no one else was hurt. No one is invincible

ohm4life911
08-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Here is the link to the news story, its pretty short but the other guy was charged with a DUI.

DeKalb police plan to charge two men seen running from a fatal accident early Sunday morning.

Investigators say the two men were in a black Nissan that plowed into a red Chevy Lumina on Interstate 85 southbound between the Shallowford Road and Clairmont Road exits at around 2 a.m.

The Lumina had struck the median and veered back into traffic. The driver of the Lumina was killed instantly.

The driver of the Nissan will be charged with vehicular homicide and possibly, DUI.

Link: http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83572

The Golden Child
08-20-2006, 11:57 AM
daymmm ..

Julio
08-20-2006, 12:01 PM
11 alive said it was a red lumina? and may charge the Nissan drivers with vehicular homicide and DUI

Bruce Leroy
08-20-2006, 12:04 PM
that is not a lumina. Its clearly a red eg.

TIGERJC
08-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Here is the link to the news story, its pretty short but the other guy was charged with a DUI.

Link: http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83572

I am really surprise that nothing was said about the possibility that they may have been racing

2.0civic
08-20-2006, 01:34 PM
weird how it changes from a civic to a lumina

Repost Squintz
08-20-2006, 01:52 PM
damn....

The Youngn
08-20-2006, 01:54 PM
damn....i was at the bp meet and i live rite in between shallowford and clairemont too. i take shallowford to get to my house tho....i saw the postin on the lighted sign shit and thought i was gonna c some lights wen i was gettin off the exit but saw nothing.

GsrTurbo320
08-20-2006, 01:55 PM
:ttiwwp: . .

TeeJay
08-20-2006, 01:58 PM
:ttiwwp: . .
here ya go...

Doppelgänger
08-20-2006, 02:14 PM
i saw this lastnight too on my way to Buckhead. Came over the hill and there were cops everywhere.

I saw that it was a civic and a altima and already supposed the civic lost control/swerved and the altima slammed into the side of the civic. I didnt get a good look but saw the sheet over the drivers window :( It was bad.... usualyl cars bounce off eachother, but to be imbedded in the side of another car is amazing. I wasnt going to be much of a rubbernecker and slow waaay down. But wow........

On my way back up 85 they had southbound lanes shut down.. guess they were removing the body.

JITB
08-20-2006, 02:18 PM
dudes about to get fucked up with charges for running, what a idiot.

CHADbee
08-20-2006, 02:21 PM
damn.

RUFFIAN
08-20-2006, 03:21 PM
I have never seen a car go almost thru the other side of another car before. the altima must have been flying. the civic was definetly lowered and it had some 16 or 17 in. rims. it didn't look like there was any damage to the drivers side of the civic though, I couldn't figure out how he got SO sideways it the middle of the freeway.
I hope that they didn't suffer. that scene was in my head all morning.

91DSM
08-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Wow RIP. I dont know why ppl have to pull the fast and furios stunts. I bet that was the whole reason why dat happen.its still sad how one minute ur out having fun and the next your dead. i saw that guy when he was leaving. :no:

The Golden Child
08-20-2006, 04:08 PM
who cares on what the car is the kid died racing or what not ..

§treet_§peed
08-20-2006, 05:05 PM
your a dumbass. still no reason for him to die. i saw the wreck, drove by it to see if we knew anyone involved. it was horrible. :( no i am not a dumb ass for the following reasons..yes i don't like the fact that someone had to die...that's not kool by allm means...but the reson i said looks like dude can't drive is cause if you don't know what the fuck to do when you are driving at high speeds, then don't be a stupid ass and try to..and if they were racing, which would go along the same lines as my previous statment if you get scared or too nervous while your doing it then you don't need to attempt it..and if the guy was drunk and caused it then that's another reason why he can't drive...PHUC DRIVING DRUNK....if you wanna get drunk sit at home, have a DD, or just don't leave where ever the hell you get drunk at until you sober up well unless oyu walk to the next place..but hell i sen people that almost caused wrecks walking down the road drunk..but yeah RIP......

SL33P3R
08-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Ya it was horrible. We were running( me and keebler) toward the cars, but staying in the emergency lane, and then this camry comes right as us losing control, there wouldve been no where to go, if i jumped the concrete wall it was a HUGE drop off into concrete. Ive never seen anything like that last night, was horrible, i was gonna go out there and check on him before police got there(I didnt know he was dead yet) but i almost got hit by the camry and didnt want to take any chances of getting hit by anything else. AND that wouldve been in my head for a while, ifi wouldve seen a dead guy, especially i can only imagine the condition he was in

RIP bro

-Taylor

OUTLAW
08-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Sad to hear what happend to this guy my heart and prayers go out to his family. An to all ia members please be safe on the road leave the racing to the tracks.

91DSM
08-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Ya it was horrible. We were running( me and keebler) toward the cars, but staying in the emergency lane, and then this camry comes right as us losing control, there wouldve been no where to go, if i jumped the concrete wall it was a HUGE drop off into concrete. Ive never seen anything like that last night, was horrible, i was gonna go out there and check on him before police got there(I didnt know he was dead yet) but i almost got hit by the camry and didnt want to take any chances of getting hit by anything else. AND that wouldve been in my head for a while, ifi wouldve seen a dead guy, especially i can only imagine the condition he was in

RIP bro

-Taylor

its real sad. but u said camry? how many more cars where involved?

91DSM
08-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Any body knows the guys name?

JDMJAYDC2
08-20-2006, 05:47 PM
damn that kinda stuff just lets you know you can never be too careful i know we all have done some stupid shit out there on the roads man this really sucks rip to his family for real man.

SL33P3R
08-20-2006, 05:51 PM
its real sad. but u said camry? how many more cars where involved?

The ones involved inthe wreck were the altima and the eg civic

the camry didnt see the 2 wrecked cars til last second and swerved and was sliding all over the interstate, and spun out, but was coming right at me and keebler but he didnt hit any other cars or anything just stopped facing traffic.

Crazy night

-Taylor

quickdodge®
08-20-2006, 05:52 PM
An to all ia members please be safe on the road leave the racing to the tracks.

That's why I have no regrets about my feelings towards the deceased. He'd probably be driving right now had he just left that shit on the track.

Reps to the great post. Later, QD.

an0therh22
08-20-2006, 06:15 PM
blessings to the guys family

twinj
08-20-2006, 07:13 PM
RIP to the dude in the EG even if it was stupid acts everyone has done it. It isn't worth that man life and the grief his family has to go through now hope they can make it through

quickdodge®
08-20-2006, 07:16 PM
It isn't worth that man life

Welllll............ I do feel for his parents. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
08-20-2006, 07:22 PM
prayers to him and his family. Very sad, very sad.

91DSM
08-20-2006, 07:35 PM
it was his time to go

R3RUN
08-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Ive seen a car get tboned before but not like that. Crazy shit. Rest in Peace.

Makes me think twice about the way I drive sometimes.

Keebs ð¿ð
08-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Ya, I mean when we were actually able to walk up to the car, the front crash bar on the altima was touching the steering wheel on the civic. And the altima hit it from the passenger side. The whole front of the altima was inside the civic. it was brutal, I actually got sick to my stomach just thinking about the driver of the civic. Atleast the cops caught the driver and passenger of the altima. One was at the marriot hotel on clairmont and the other was in the apartment complex close to the wreck

R3RUN
08-21-2006, 12:32 AM
They must have been flying for that to happen. The tbone I saw was a late 80's dodge van (the ones that are built like a tank) hitting a taurus and that didnt even happen. At least they caught the other guys. Isnt there a curve in the highway right there? Thats probably why he lost control.

Keebs ð¿ð
08-21-2006, 12:41 AM
They must have been flying for that to happen. The tbone I saw was a late 80's dodge van (the ones that are built like a tank) hitting a taurus and that didnt even happen. At least they caught the other guys. Isnt there a curve in the highway right there? Thats probably why he lost control.

It was actually a straight away. The civic was pretty much destroyed so there is no way to tell if it had a blow out or not. All we know is the 2 cars slid almost 100 yards after impact (from where the shattered glass was to where they were stopped)

R3RUN
08-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Crazy, I cant imagine coming up on something like that.

GIXXERDK
08-21-2006, 12:58 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/hahaomgwtf/1accident93.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/hahaomgwtf/1accident67.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/hahaomgwtf/1accident30.jpg

Tarzanman
08-21-2006, 01:00 AM
The one time I saw a civic in an accident (I saw the entire accident...medium speed... maybe 40-45 mph), it hit another car, and the civic got totaled. (other car had some fender/bumper damage). Driver was ok (was his fault, driving too fast), but the frame of the civic got all bent up.

Those things are cheap, plastic cars, yo. Racing without a roll cage is not smart. Racing on the street is stupid. Racing on the street in a civic is an invitation for the worst to happen.

I feel bad that those kids had to find out the hard way. Its a waste :-(

civicracer5000
08-21-2006, 01:07 AM
any information about the guy?
RIP

Keebs ð¿ð
08-21-2006, 01:16 AM
we didn't get any info on him, we just know the guy from the altima was hispanic and so was his passenger, they both ran from the scene and were caught. We do know the driver of the civic was a white male around 18-20 years old. We couldn't tell if he had a passenger, the cops said there is no way to tell until the pull the altima out of the civic (they kept calling it a lumina despite how many times we told them it was a honda civic)

TIGERJC
08-21-2006, 02:26 AM
The one time I saw a civic in an accident (I saw the entire accident...medium speed... maybe 40-45 mph), it hit another car, and the civic got totaled. (other car had some fender/bumper damage). Driver was ok (was his fault, driving too fast), but the frame of the civic got all bent up.

Those things are cheap, plastic cars, yo. Racing without a roll cage is not smart. Racing on the street is stupid. Racing on the street in a civic is an invitation for the worst to happen.

I feel bad that those kids had to find out the hard way. Its a waste :-(

Channel 2 and 11alive are not saying this accident is race related. The civic driver could had simple lost control and swerve in front of the altima

JennB
08-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Ugh... still have that vision engrained in my head from seeing this. I've been in wrecks and seen plenty and I have never seen anything like this. It was like those pics above with the bike inside the car, but it was a car inside the car. Not pretty at all.

I don't know how it happened... but it's natual to make the conclusion that racing was involved when you think of how much force had to have been present to do that.

Doppelgänger
08-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Judging by the impact, the civic had to be either in the process of slowing down (was way ahead of the altima, if they were racing) or wasn't going that fast when he lost control and crossed the path of the altima. I say that because if the civic was still doing a high speed and the altima was too, the impact would not have been so great. To put it in perspective, if 2 cars are doing 120 mph and one car rearended the other... the difference in speed isnt much different so the damage from rearending wouldnt be so great.... given it would be likely the cars would loose control then (beside the point). Now slow one car down to 50-60mph and have it get rearended by a car going 120mph.. the damage would be devisating. So i think the civic wasnt going fast at the time of impact. Altima was clearly hauling ass.dumbfucks.

ShooterMcGavin
08-21-2006, 10:45 AM
street racing is retarded enough but to do it after you've been drinking? get the fuck outta here...

§treet_§peed
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
the thing is that the guy that ran i think i meet him one night racing at Old Peachtree Industrial at the QT right off the exit..there's a business park we would go do digs at..last time i was up there he was drunk and trying to race everybody...there was usually al lot of srunk fucks up there doin that alos everytime i went there. well amost every time...but there also was that tem call Seventh Gear...lame ass cars with shitty swaps....

ahmonrah
08-22-2006, 12:08 AM
that a foul way to go.

ahmonrah
08-22-2006, 12:09 AM
regardless of what happened before his death. eating a grill THROUGH the passenger side of the car is a foul exit point.

2.0civic
08-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Judging by the impact, the civic had to be either in the process of slowing down (was way ahead of the altima, if they were racing) or wasn't going that fast when he lost control and crossed the path of the altima. I say that because if the civic was still doing a high speed and the altima was too, the impact would not have been so great. To put it in perspective, if 2 cars are doing 120 mph and one car rearended the other... the difference in speed isnt much different so the damage from rearending wouldnt be so great.... given it would be likely the cars would loose control then (beside the point). Now slow one car down to 50-60mph and have it get rearended by a car going 120mph.. the damage would be devisating. So i think the civic wasnt going fast at the time of impact. Altima was clearly hauling ass.dumbfucks.

i was thinking the same....if (theory) the civic is doing 120 and crossed over the highway, he would have still been doing eh....60+?? no way that would have happened that way. altima from the looks of it, had to be doing well over 100

91DSM
08-22-2006, 12:36 AM
the thing is that the guy that ran i think i meet him one night racing at Old Peachtree Industrial at the QT right off the exit..there's a business park we would go do digs at..last time i was up there he was drunk and trying to race everybody...there was usually al lot of srunk fucks up there doin that alos everytime i went there. well amost every time...but there also was that tem call Seventh Gear...lame ass cars with shitty swaps....

He was from seventh gear?

SNapper
08-22-2006, 01:07 AM
He was from seventh gear?
dude he never said that at all