PDA

View Full Version : Misc Found this...while browsing..

JITB
05-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Here are some facts you can ponder.

First off lets start with Killzone 2- It is not real time. all of Sonys videos except the stuff from Epic and EA was all CGI.

and i quote:

"Is the Killzone sequence a fair example of what people can expect from realtime gameplay on PLAYSTATION 3?

Jan-Bart: Yeah, it's basically a representation of the look and feel of the game we're trying to make."

http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml?storyId=106796_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=NT3

Now some of you are trying to find any possible way to diss out MS.. Like saying how they didnt show any tech demos... MS displayed their techdemos at last years gamer conferance... duuuhh..
LINK> http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/5579/XNA-Video-Demos
oh there was atleast 1 known tech demo at e3 - The Garden by Digital Reality.

Now lets go to the Cell - oh heres a nice little article > http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT022805234129

A Nice little piece by Master Killa
"First you have to understand before you debate about the 360, that there is a rogue element within the industry (always has been) against Microsoft. They will twist and warp data and the truth until you succumb to their wishes, which is to denounce Microsoft. [Jeez, I sound like some movie ;P ]

Case in point; look at ALL the negative publicity MS gets about Xbox. If there wasn't a dam thing good about it, MS wouldn't be a contender at all. In contrast , there is absolutely NO bad publicity about Sony. No one elaborates (goes into detail, kiddies) about Sony's outright lies pertaining to it's PS2 launch--it will have "Toy Story graphics". It wasn't public news that the first-gen PS2's were defective AND that Sony wasn't paying to fix 'em. Heck, it's not public news that many of the peripherals that PS2 owners have for the orig. PS2 DOES NOT fit the newer/slimmer PS2. When they first mention the Cell going in the PS3, they said it would be 4.6Ghz--now it's 3.2 yet the media doesn't harp on Sony pertaining to the power drop.

More recently, there was an small but noteable article in GAMEINFORMER issue 145 May 2005 Pg.26; which states that PS3 was expected to be shown at E3 (yet people seem surprised!) The same article goes on to state that you'll be seeing alot of movies from MS 360 because no beta kits went out yet.--->Hmmmm??!!! We've seen a lot of movies from Sony! We've seen game play on ALPHA kits from MS! Heck! We know MS has shipped alpha kits-the media surely tracks that! But what about Sony? Do they even have Alpha kits? Does anyone find it peculiar that we see 360's boot sequence but with Sony, they just show the game (console on-past the boot sequence). That's why many fools have been led to believe that that was actually the PS3 in action---NOT! Hello??? McFly! Sony owns movie studios-get the hint!

Then G4--OMG--G4 must be Sony's ****! Velocity girl qoute--"I wouldn't want anyone making maps for me who never picked up a skateboard" Well, since when did Tony Hawk start coding games?? Who at Ubisoft works for the US Army or is a Splinter Cell? They then go on to say that they should pull the hardcore gamers! It was a hardcore gamer who created Counter-Strike from modding Half-Life! I'm pretty hardcore and would LOVE the opportunity to create and sell content of games online, What!!!!

Then they mention PSP can connect to PS3 yet FAIL TO MENTION that it can ALSO connect to 360!!!! And if that wasn't enough, they didn't breathe not ONE WORD about Final Fantasy coming to 360!

Some other tidbits:
Sony's VIAO is the manufacturer of most of the Windows Media Edition PCs needed to download movies, music and TV with Tivo like features.
PS3 has a Gigabit ethernet card-this doesn't increase your upload nor download when connecting to the internet.
PS3 DOES NOT support 802.11a--good for wi-fi streaming of tv/video
If you have a Windows Media PC, you can still watch HD movies AND TV WITHOUT a BLU-RAY DVD player!!!!!"

oh another little nice link making the cell look stupid > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1768416,00.asp

amlunmimnulma -
"Sony is supposedly using 7 SPUs in their vaporware. Tthey had to chop one off supposedly for yield, and theirs are a bit dumbed down compared to the MS versions- there can't do real double precision math- what's that? fuzzy math? The real reason they have seven is becasue that's how many would fit on the die IBM offered, along with room for 1 PPE.

MS used 3 PPE's, which are bigger by quite a bit than the SPUs and 3 better built full VMX SPUs. It also looks like the ATI GPU is going to have the equivalent of 32 pixel pipes and best the Nvidia offering in Flops.

But back to the point. Mips are what has driven the computer and even the gaming industry in a pretty fundamental way. That is why a company called MIPS became heavily involved with SGI the graphics company and it was based on their cores the reference was made for the first version of NT which ran on many different chip design. It was through mips that Intel (with weak fp) managed to beat out moto in the days of the 386 and 486, the 68's were stronger in FP. In scientific and visualization and even in graphics cards its all about FP, but don't under estimate the Int or mips side of things. Mips are so much of what made the Xbox easy to program especially to the incredibly impoverished 1 mips PS2 (literally 1 mips!!!!.) And FP doesn't convert to mips in any efficent way. And mips are what you need to go after convincing AI, logic and comand an control. It is the Int or mips side that drives the desk top. FP is all about ALU. And surprise surprise there are Pentium 4 with internal ALU's running at something
4.7-5 ghz right now on desk tops. Guess the PS3 when the hype fades is going to be a lot more like the PS2 after all."

Now lets look at some xbox360 exclussive games(not incl PC):
Gears Of War (holy ****)
Project Gotham Racing 3
Call of Duty 2
Halo 3 (Halo series has been awsome so far)
Fable 2 (Fable 1 was just a warm up)
Kameo: Elements of Power
Dead or Alive 4
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (man oh man)
Quake IV (quake series is always cool)
Lost Oddyssey
Blue Dragon
Ninety Nine Nights (sequal to kingdom under fire)
Prey
Perfect Dark Zero
Huxley (one of the most impressive games of E3 and is MMO)

JITB
05-20-2005, 01:09 AM
BTW...i didnt write any of this...it was from someone else.

soul
05-20-2005, 05:29 AM
cant say shit till they both come out

ill be getting both though :D

but PS3 has some exclusive titles im looking forward to along with xbox's like fable2, but dont mention halo3 cause previous ones are just horrible, FPS on console is ghey

Brett
05-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Fuck Sony!! :D

Danny
05-20-2005, 09:06 AM
but dont mention halo3 cause previous ones are just horrible, FPS on console is ghey

amen! bout time someone mentioned how crappy FPS' are on consoles..lol..

i will be tryin to get PS3 and Xbox360 :D

ISAtlanta300
05-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Fuck Sony!! :D
Fuck XBox ! :)))0

Brett
05-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Dont make me come over there!! HA HA HA HA HA

Danny
05-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Screw Sony!!!! Hoes!!!!!

soul
05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Oh as of E3 check on KILLZONE 2

it was all real gameplay!

JITB
05-20-2005, 10:10 PM
man they asked the guy at e3 if it was game play and he said

"its how they are going to make the game" And he wouldnt never say yes or no...it was hillarious

soul
05-21-2005, 10:09 AM
check out www.pbnation.com go to small talk then check comp/game forumn

they have some great threads going on. Also check out the Nintendo Revolution/ON thread that shit is getting crazy

JustinSane110™
05-22-2005, 02:51 AM
cant say shit till they both come out

ill be getting both though :D

but PS3 has some exclusive titles im looking forward to along with xbox's like fable2, but dont mention halo3 cause previous ones are just horrible, FPS on console is ghey
Same here, I gotta get both haha.

Damn, I thought I was the only one sick of hearing everybody trying to ride the hell out of Halo. All the shit about "360 is gonna win because of Halo!!!!"....Fuck Halo, if they wanna place whether they're gonna hold Sony or not on one game then they're stupid. I'm looking forward to Gears of War though the shots of that so far look amazing, and also that game thats like Twisted Metal and Burnout combined I forget what it's called. Oh shit, and next-gen Madden!!!!

Yeah, but Halo is kinda like Star Wars in the sense that its got it's hardcore following and people who couldn't give two shits about it, there's really not very much gray area there.

bigb996
05-22-2005, 03:26 PM
well both systems are looking very impressive, however bill gates has really stepped it up this time. Im not so sure they dont have some more surprises comign with the 360. I mean look at all the extra features the original xbox had happen over time. PS3 i think might take longer than they are saying to come out because they are going to want to make it the best htey can and they only have "ideas" at this point. Alot of people dont understand how good this new nintendo is gonna be either. I think the fact that you can get any game ever made for a nintendo system to dl on to it is a pretty sweet feature. I mean great titles we all grew up with Excite bike, mario, ninja turtles! i mean theres tons.......Its gonna be a battle for all of these none the less..