PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Stupid Morning

ATK_Designs
08-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Just a stupid way to start a day.

My gf got a ticket this morning for having 29% tint (my G35C). Freaking cop didn't know the law which clearly said that I should not have it lower than 32% (+/- 3%). I wasn't there with her. She was on her way to my place (we carpool to work).

To make it worse, I was so upset that I curbed one of my 19" staggered Maya STMs this morning as well.

I know I did the legal tint. I had 35% tint on my car. It just happened that my interior is dark and it's in early morning where there weren't too much light at all. He should calibrated his unit before measured.

arggggggggggggggggggggggg./end rant.

Halfwit
08-18-2006, 08:03 AM
blah..sorry..curbs ftl.

LiL PaKi
08-18-2006, 08:04 AM
mornin... I hope your day gets better... as far as the tint goes.. see if you can get it measured from somewhere else and get them to write it down to show in court.

Nemesis
08-18-2006, 08:04 AM
You also have to take into account factory tint. It may not seem like it, but a lot of factory glass has a very slight tint already on it which will take 32 percent below the legal limit.

Sorry about your morning though man :( Ive had mornings like that before

EclipsEvo8
08-18-2006, 08:07 AM
well, sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but bad things usually happen in 3's, so just be careful the rest of today! g35? nice car!

ATK_Designs
08-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys,

George,

We did take that into account when we did the tint.

Also, according to this, section I.2.b

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/search/hb20.htm

the min is 32% - 3% which is 29% right? Which is exactly where I'm right at.

I have a friend who's in the force. I'll try to get him measure it for me. Regardless, even at 29%, It should still be legal since they did have the 3% tolerance because of cops who doesn't calibrate their meters & early morning/evening light..

Nemesis
08-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Oh gotcha. I think that tint law is gay as shit anyways.

Halfwit
08-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Oh gotcha. I think that tint law is gay as shit anyways.
the law itself is not gay, tell me why u think it is?

say a cop pulls someone over, he cant see inside, he walks to there door they shoot him in hte head, beacause he couldnt see what they were doing.

i thinkthe way it is inforced and cited is wrong, but not the law.

rickgiblin
08-18-2006, 09:16 AM
dam, i would say sorry about the tint but once i read that you curbed your rim.. the rim took over of the tint. hope your rim is ok, sorry for the curbage

ATK_Designs
08-18-2006, 09:17 AM
now I'd need to find how to fix it or where to fix it for a good price. Wheel wizart is overly expensive though.