PDA

View Full Version : Question to Those that know about Alpharetta

sk8phaze
05-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Okay, back on March 12th I got pulled over for speeding, had a half full bottle of vodka in the back seat and was 20 at the time, cop emptied the alcohol out and ask me to take a breathalizer test, I refused. then they searched me and the car and didnt find anything else, about 10 min later they pick up this sandwhich bag from the ground(we were in a movie theater parking lot that was completely full at the time) and say it has weed and it and they never show me it, so im arrested for underage alcohol(misd) and marijuana less than an oz(misd). I spend 2 days in roswell jail(cause the alpharetta jail is under construction or something). But heres the really weird part, i go to court last tuesday hoping to get a plea bargin so i can plea no contest or guilty, but Im called up and they re-set the court date saying that cause i was under 21 at the time, i was a minor and i have to have one of my parents come with me and to hire an laywer. I dont want to hire a lawyer(well i do but i dont have the money for it), i just wanted to make a plea, get my probation and drug tests and get on with it. this is so much bullshit, its my first arrest (as of being 18) and their totally screwing me over, anyone else have any experience with alpharetta??? or some advice?

Chris Mazda
05-19-2005, 10:33 PM
cop emptied the alcohol out and ask me to take a breathalizer test, I refused.

since you refused they should have automatically suspended your licence for one year. Its part of the implied consent law.

Deaf Pimp
05-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Do you think you should be let off for having alcohol in the car and denying your breathalizer? So your saying you did have marijuana in your posession at some time? If you had nothing to hide, why didn't you take the breathalizer? You obviously were drinking and you deserve the consequences. I think what you went through is fair enough... I hope they don't let you off easy to be quite honest.

Scrappy
05-19-2005, 10:57 PM
you make no sense... was the weed yours? if it wasnt, then why hell let that go like you did and just not say shit, and why be the dumbass and have alcohol in your car in the first place, its against the law to have opened container with any gone.

get what you deserve...

SaraX5
05-19-2005, 11:57 PM
about 10 min later they pick up this sandwhich bag from the ground(we were in a movie theater parking lot that was completely full at the time) and say it has weed
i don't get it either... the weed wasn't yours? What does the movie theater parking lot being full have to do with you having weed in the car? I doubt someone just threw a bag of weed into ur car if thats what ur implying.

civic95
05-20-2005, 08:13 AM
well my advice is to get a lawyer. If the weed was on the ground, they can't prove it was yours. So a good lawyer will get you down to minor in possession of alcohol. You actually did the right thing by not taking the breathalizer test if you were drinking. Breath test, field sobriety tests will prove your guilt in court. So unless you know for a fact you would of passed them it's best to refuse them. Seriously if your in court, hearing he blew a 0.09/he was stumbling around, is worse than he refused to take it. Being under 21, if you blew anything you would of got arrested. Refusing the test will automatically get you arrested too, but leaves them with no convicting evidence. Just cause you were in possession does not mean your were drinking it that day (even though I'm sure you were). You can't fight the possession of alcohol charge, but the others can be fought and won unless your fingerprints are on the bag of weed. They would need that as evidence to convict your for that. They won't test it for prints, but if it really was not yours I would demand it be tested for prints to prove your inocence. You'll need a lawyer to file the motion to have the evidence tested for prints.

noclue119
05-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Well let's see

bend over, you are about to get shifted by a lawyer or shifted by the court/government.

Personally I'd rather take the lawyer. At least you are networking...

5thgcelica
05-20-2005, 09:20 AM
so since you refused. with logical thinking this must mean you must have been drinking and driving. good job!

unless you werent drinking and just decided to be retarded and say no, im not going to take a test, even though im not drinking, i just dont feel like it and feel like going through all this shit and jail for a few days sounds good.

ruah_23
05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
well my advice is to get a lawyer. If the weed was on the ground, they can't prove it was yours. So a good lawyer will get you down to minor in possession of alcohol. You actually did the right thing by not taking the breathalizer test if you were drinking. Breath test, field sobriety tests will prove your guilt in court. So unless you know for a fact you would of passed them it's best to refuse them. Seriously if your in court, hearing he blew a 0.09/he was stumbling around, is worse than he refused to take it. Being under 21, if you blew anything you would of got arrested. Refusing the test will automatically get you arrested too, but leaves them with no convicting evidence.

Are you aware that if u refused to take the test ur licence will be suspended immediately?

Like everyone said, if u didn't drink, why should you be afraid to take the test? If you are drinking and driving and u are 18, than what the PD did is the right thing.

Face the consequences of your actions;you break the laws, you pay for it.

99SI
05-20-2005, 09:28 AM
If you think that taking a breathalizer test when you've been drinking is a good idea you are a moron. Ask George Stein. You will be arrested but with much less evidence against you. When I read this I was relieved to see someone was ready to take the consequences of wrong behavior and plead guilty instead of doing what most people post about and whining about getting off. He says very plainly that he wanted to get his probation, fine, drug tests and move on. Maybe some of you people need to reread the paragraph. As for the marijuana I can't make a judgement based on the info given, it was not clear. My advise would be to talk to the solicitor with your parent(s) and see if you can work something out. Most of the time they have more important shit to work on and if you accept you screwed up and are reasonable about what you expect your punishment should be then they will generally cut you some slack and not waste court time.

speedracer41
05-20-2005, 09:33 AM
GOOD JOB! Dum Bass

Chris Mazda
05-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Are you aware that if u refused to take the test ur licence will be suspended immediately?

thats what i said in the second post

trythefly
05-20-2005, 11:54 AM
doh! lesson learned? I hope so.........

B16a2 Civic
05-20-2005, 11:56 AM
who had the weed?
just remember what T.I said " even if i sold drugs, you cant get an OZ"

BufordŽ
05-20-2005, 09:48 PM
The road-side breathalizers are rigged. My lawyer said they are. He told me to refuse it, and to be taken to the hospital and be giving a blood test. Was the weed not yours? If it's not, then demand a print test.