PDA

View Full Version : 96-00 civic tranny questions

JDMef88
08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
I was jsut woundering if anyone has ever had problem with there civic tranny from these years, or has strange noises. My friend has a 98 dx and i have a 99 ex, and our reverse gear is hard as hell to put into sometime and it never really catches right, takes some time...anyone ever had this problem...might because they have over 100k on them..but i dont know, its just strange we have the same problem...

§treet_§peed
08-17-2006, 12:08 PM
are these auto's or manuals??

JDMef88
08-17-2006, 03:21 PM
both 5 speed

§treet_§peed
08-17-2006, 05:29 PM
well form my experience and getting told i have always heard taht some times civics are a bitch to get in reverse sometimes..and wel yeah i gotta agree cause i drive a civic and my shit is some times stuborn when putting it into revesre..but hell is it making like a rattling sound? cause it could possible be a new time for clutch assembly, you know the whole nine including the fly wheel..also i don't know if this counts or is of subject lol, but one time i was running a buddy of mine and well there are the extra holes in my high flow cat where sensors can be plugged, well one of the bolts had worked it's way loose when i was running him, shit had broke the threads on the bolt itself..at first when i heard it i thought my flywheel had finnally said fuck you and all this abuse you give me bitch i'm broke, cause that shit was rattling and everything, loud, but anyways i fixed it when i crawled up under my car and saw what it was the next morning..lol i don't know if anyhting i said wil help but good luck...:goodjob:

JDMef88
08-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for getting back

§treet_§peed
08-20-2006, 02:33 AM
no problem dude