PDA

View Full Version : Does lowjack work?

edstorm
08-16-2006, 09:12 PM
anyone get their ride back with lowjack and anyone hasn't?

trying to figure out the best ways to keep my ride from being stolen. Any suggestions from you guys and gals?

thanks ahead of time

R3RUN
08-16-2006, 10:24 PM
It wont keep it from getting stolen, nothing really will, but it will most likely get you your car back. My dad put it on his Porsche and got the early warning option which sends you an email if the car is moved without your gps key thing's presence. Hell I cant move it out of my garage and into the driveway with the spare key without him knowing. I would definately say its a worth while investment.

5thgcelica
08-16-2006, 10:46 PM
you can also put a killswitch in there.

an0therh22
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
you can also put a killswitch in there.
ima get like 10 kill switches lol:goodjob:

§treet_§peed
08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
also you can get this relay type deal installed...it's like a giant fuse that you unplug from any set location under your car and it can't be started without...it's really really small so i mean it don't take a bunch of room to carry around.. my aunt had it on a car she used to have...shit was actually pretty pimp i thought...my friend used to have the dead wire plug on his old car..the wire didn't go nor connect to anything any where, but the car wouldn't run or crank with out plugged in..

SOHC MONSTER
08-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I manufacture GPS systems and Lojack is not all its cracked up to be. Any GPS system if used in the event of a stolen vehicle is considered a "vehicle recovery system". Although GPS systems do have more advanced features such as Geo fencing (a set perimeter sensing which alerts you once the vehicle is moved outside of the set perimeter) In my opinion, its the best option for recovering a vehicle in the event of theft. They can also be intergrated into a car alarm for extra protection.