PDA

View Full Version : Members with "real" jobs

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Just graduated, I was looking over my resume and it NEEDS MAJOR help.

Anyone have or know of any good resume templates to follow?

I put it in W/L b/c of the traffic

Tarzanman
08-16-2006, 11:38 AM
What did you study?

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Criminal Justice

HvyArms
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Criminal Justice

What type of job are you looking for? Something in Crim Jus? If so, what county?

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
UPS is hirin

deffro
08-16-2006, 11:42 AM
I just used Microsoft Word. If you click on "get templates" it will send you to their website where they have probably a hundred resume templates specific for your field.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
What type of job are you looking for? Something in Crim Jus? If so, what county?

I was looking at usajobs.gov
but I'm open to all possibilities and career fields associated with my degree, if I don't get where I want to be, I may end up joining the police force, which is the last option for me to do.

but I live in Henry County, I know its far fetched, but I want to atleast start in the mid 30's for salary.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I just used Microsoft Word. If you click on "get templates" it will send you to their website where they have probably a hundred resume templates specific for your field.

I used microsoft too, but it never gave me the option for adding references and such, like, my resume looks BLAND

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 11:45 AM
mid 30s, and you studied criminal justice?

go back to school

civic95
08-16-2006, 11:48 AM
http://www.careerowlresources.ca/Resumes/Res_Frame.htm?res_references.htm~right

HvyArms
08-16-2006, 11:51 AM

go back to school

I hate to say it, but you might wanna consider this. It's what I did. masters in poli sci, gets you mid 70s right out of school.

Consider looking in fulton, or better yet dekalb.

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-16-2006, 11:52 AM
I used microsoft too, but it never gave me the option for adding references and such, like, my resume looks BLAND

it's got that option... here are the steps to follow...

On the File menu, click New
While in the New Document task pane under Templates click On My Computer
Click on the Other Documents tab
Double click on Resume Wizard

If that doesn't work, let me know... You can build it however you want.:goodjob:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:53 AM
http://www.careerowlresources.ca/Resumes/Res_Frame.htm?res_references.htm~right

thanks, but I need a good template for a new resume

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:54 AM

go back to school

its possible.. hell, police start at $33xxx, so $36ish isn't hard to obtain

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I hate to say it, but you might wanna consider this. It's what I did. masters in poli sci, gets you mid 70s right out of school.

Consider looking in fulton, or better yet dekalb.

I was looking into those counties, I'm not limiting myself to where I live, but into Atlanta...

I looked at the Human Resource sites for Dekalb/Fulton

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 11:59 AM
it's got that option... here are the steps to follow...

On the File menu, click New
While in the New Document task pane under Templates click On My Computer
Click on the Other Documents tab
Double click on Resume Wizard

If that doesn't work, let me know... You can build it however you want.:goodjob:

awesome.. thanks +1

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
now the real chunk of it..

is a cover letter that neccessary?

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
tiff comin through w/ the How To haha

yo tiff how you fit socks on your hands and make it so stylish, you crazy

The Golden Child
08-16-2006, 12:06 PM
good luck on finding a " REAL JOB " ..

B16a2 Civic
08-16-2006, 12:07 PM
WWW.KINKOS.COM

The Golden Child
08-16-2006, 12:12 PM
www.comegetajob.com

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-16-2006, 01:11 PM
tiff comin through w/ the How To haha

yo tiff how you fit socks on your hands and make it so stylish, you crazy

You crack me up.. How you doin Ricky?;)

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 01:13 PM
aay, I cant call it, just keepin my head up, tryin to stay outta trouble.. u?

p.s THE WEST COAST ROCKS

RandomGuy
08-16-2006, 01:16 PM
so what are you callin MCdonalds not a real job? wtf

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
so what are you callin MCdonalds not a real job? wtf

:lmfao:

and Ricky, doing good here, just trying to stay awake and away from the toliet... but i'm good other than that, lol!:thinking:

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 01:25 PM
um, thats good I guess, hmm... yo so I was on the toilet the other nite for a while too, my "friend" made me some spaghetti that gave me "chorro" aka "bubble guts" I told her in my "sleep" like this "mmmmmmmmmm bitch get out"

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-16-2006, 01:29 PM
um, thats good I guess, hmm... yo so I was on the toilet the other nite for a while too, my "friend" made me some spaghetti that gave me "chorro" aka "bubble guts" I told her in my "sleep" like this "mmmmmmmmmm bitch get out"

bubble guts!? :lmfao:hahaha! I meant morning sickness, bubble guts doesn't happen very often!

B16a2 Civic
08-16-2006, 01:31 PM
tiff got a big bubble in her gut

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
yea, she bout to have that itis for a few more months LIRL

The Golden Child
08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
swamp ass ..

B16a2 Civic
bwahah.
" that hair on ya head is corse nigga, you walkin around with pubic on ya head son!"

thinkfast®
bubble guts!? :lmfao:hahaha! I meant morning sickness, bubble guts doesn't happen very often!

yea if you in a mexican restaurant and you want something non-irritant, just tell em you dont want "chorro"

we call it the gringo special hahah

The Golden Child
08-16-2006, 01:34 PM
its gunna get muddy down souf ..

xaznstylegrlx
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
i am offended by u callin' out that my job is "fake" :ninja:

The Golden Child
08-16-2006, 01:36 PM
WTH DO YOU DO KRISTY ??

xaznstylegrlx
08-16-2006, 01:40 PM
WTH DO YOU DO KRISTY ??
school? lmao... and gaming?...
and i applied for blockbuster... free movies FTW!

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 01:42 PM
what blockbuster, I want movies girl

IA hookup, you better quit trippin

xaznstylegrlx
08-16-2006, 01:46 PM
what blockbuster, I want movies girl

IA hookup, you better quit trippin
uh.. *dips* :bump:

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
oohohoho I'll remember that next time I have shrimp chips fresh from Vietnam

B16a2 Civic
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
hahahah@ shrimp chips

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
yea if you in a mexican restaurant and you want something non-irritant, just tell em you dont want "chorro"

we call it the gringo special hahah

no mexican food for me... the baby doesn't like that AT ALL!!! :(

xaznstylegrlx
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
oohohoho I'll remember that next time I have shrimp chips fresh from Vietnam
lmao... u actually remembered?

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
lmao... u actually remembered?

just cause I smoked a bob marley blunt before you got there, and I cant usually remember what I wore yesterday, that dont mean I cant remember fine vietnamese cuisine :lmfao:

xaznstylegrlx
08-16-2006, 01:59 PM
just cause I smoked a bob marley blunt before you got there, and I cant usually remember what I wore yesterday, that dont mean I cant remember fine vietnamese cuisine :lmfao:
before and while being there... :yes:

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 02:06 PM
really? now see thats somethin I dont remember, wow thats crazy

you sure it wasnt that black dude mark that was there? I think I saw him drinking a 40 ounce too, hes wild

xaznstylegrlx
08-16-2006, 02:08 PM
really? now see thats somethin I dont remember, wow thats crazy

you sure it wasnt that black dude mark that was there? I think I saw him drinking a 40 ounce too, hes wild

and then it makes u wonder what else u did or was done to u that u can't remember.... :bump:

Julio
08-16-2006, 02:44 PM
So whats a real job? Im confused.. Theres no such thing. A job is a Job.. or is it because you got a little paper saying you grad with a criminal justice degree that makes you think if some dont have a degree then there jobs are fake?

Hate to break it to you.. you are not going to do jack with that peace of paper... ...
That degree is lame. I mean, if you will be happy with the income they pull in, then you are in good shape. For the degree , the income is lame.. But if it makes you happy then is all gravy.

Now, if you continue to study with that one already, then you will be in good shape.

Not bashing at all, just curious.

BTW, how I know Criminal justice is lame? I went to school for it, Never finished. I did alot of reasearch and figured out that field is lame.

=]

4dmin
08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
basic template this is what i use and it works fine \/ a nice cover letter works as well. pay to have someone make that. :goodjob:

----------------------------------------------------------

name
address
city,st zip
phone

OBJECTIVE:

WORK HISTORY:
employer:
date employed:
job title:
job type:
job details:

(repeat for employers)

OTHER INFOMATION:

References available upon request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

thinkfast®
08-16-2006, 02:49 PM
So whats a real job? Im confused.. Theres no such thing. A job is a Job.. or is it because you got a little paper saying you grad with a criminal justice degree that makes you think if some dont have a degree then there jobs are fake?

Hate to break it to you.. you are not going to do jack with that peace of paper... ...
That degree is lame. I mean, if you will be happy with the income they pull in, then you are in good shape. For the degree , the income is lame.. But if it makes you happy then is all gravy.

Now, if you continue to study with that one already, then you will be in good shape.

BTW, how I know Criminal justice is lame? I went to school for it, Never finished. I did alot of reasearch and figured out that field is lame.

=]

yea, same shit I was tellin him, homeboy need to go back to school, hes talkin about bein happy w/ mid-30s, what are you gonna do with that man? honestly you can't do a whole lot, live paycheck to paycheck and take your little beach vacations once a year, but cmon man, people wanna live..

I think registration is still open, think about it :D

CALIWEST
08-16-2006, 09:44 PM
i have my resume...itz basic and all if you want to see it hit me up on pm i e-mail it to ya

~The_Duke~
08-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I have just been using the MSWord one...that is the one that I gave my current employeer (State Farm Insurance Co.).

ironchef
08-16-2006, 10:15 PM

=]I think by real job he meant more than something along the lines of flipping burgers or bringing people their food or cashiering, not those type of jobs, but something where some education and experience is required, like managing for example.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-17-2006, 12:48 AM
I think by real job he meant more than something along the lines of flipping burgers or bringing people their food or cashiering, not those type of jobs, but something where some education and experience is required, like managing for example.

thats exactly what I meant, I didn't mean to "bash" anyone on their job.. I was looking at something more along the lines of being salaried, when most jobs that people are hired under are HOURLY. More of trying to get out of the "service" industry.

I'm aware that my degree is very broad when it comes to the job market and what it has to offer in pay grades. But it has a lot of potential when you apply of the federal level, there is alot of money out there, I've done the research. Its gonna be a hard and long road to find that job, but its attainable.

These days, Bachelor degrees come a dime a dozen, Masters are the way to go, which I wouldn't mind trying to get one, but I've been in school way too long and its time to make some decent money.

And if your single, mid $30xxx is good. No kids and no real bills, so you can live off of it and take nice vacations. :) but I've never been the vacationing type, if you call 3 days a vacation.

thanks for the constructive criticism though..

ironchef
08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
$30xxx isnt too bad, if you got decent rent/mortgage and not a shitload of debt and no car payment. But if you do, then it would suck balls.

95stangs
08-17-2006, 09:19 AM
yeah dif ive got no car payment and not a whole lot of debt and i live off a part time at best buy so not 2 bad