http://spoonfed.typepad.com/spoon3.jpg

^ what it's easier to swallow if your spoonfed :lmao:
bwahahahahahahahahaha +1

and remember, there is no spoon

4dmin
08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
bwahahahahahahahahaha +1

and remember, there is no spoon

lol thats my fav quote when someone can't give a straight answer in this forum... :lmfao:

Hulud
08-15-2006, 12:20 PM
lol thats my fav quote when someone can't give a straight answer in this forum... :lmfao:
werd LOL

AWD OWNZ U
08-15-2006, 04:30 PM
What the hell is organized science? Is there a science church I don't know about?

Hulud
08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
What the hell is organized science? Is there a science church I don't know about?
there is but thats not what im referring to and since when is something organized does it have to be church related? :???:

theres scientology and theres church of religious science

man
08-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Scientology :lmfao:

Hulud
08-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Scientology :lmfao:
repost :lmfao:

man
08-15-2006, 04:39 PM
repost :lmfao:
:2up: Mine's capitalized

AWD OWNZ U
08-15-2006, 04:47 PM
there is but thats not what im referring to and since when is something organized does it have to be church related? :???:

theres scientology and theres church of religious science

Haha, scientology has nothing to do with science. I just meant that you make it seem like there is some scientific community out there with a singular objective, when that doesn't exist.

Hulud
08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
:2up: Mine's capitalized
lol

Hulud
08-15-2006, 05:17 PM
I just meant that you make it seem like there is some scientific community out there with a singular objective, when that doesn't exist.
your kidding, right?

Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences
Christians in Science
Swiss National Science Foundation
CERN
there are plenty more

these places are all going to be searching for a common objective that is relevant to their organization

AWD OWNZ U
08-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Ok well ya. haha

{X}Echo419
08-16-2006, 07:18 AM
your kidding, right?

Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences
Christians in Science
Swiss National Science Foundation
CERN
there are plenty more

these places are all going to be searching for a common objective that is relevant to their organization

you forgot the Global Assoiation of Star Trek & Star Wars Scientists.

Hulud
08-17-2006, 12:47 PM
why dont you actually post something useful for once? :eye:

{X}Echo419
08-17-2006, 01:27 PM
why dont you actually post something useful for once? :eye:
and the boards are a much better place because of this thread :goodjob:

Hulud
08-17-2006, 01:46 PM
and the boards are a much better place because of this thread :goodjob:
got that right

plus you dont actually have any valid points in teh religion forum.

all you post is "why are islams terrorists" and "why does everyone hate christians" :lmfao:

{X}Echo419
08-17-2006, 02:31 PM
got that right

plus you dont actually have any valid points in teh religion forum.

all you post is "why are islams terrorists" and "why does everyone hate christians" :lmfao:

islams? what's an islam? I think you mean muslim. and no I don't think all muslim are terrorists. I'm not as narrow minded as you. but 99% of terrorists are muslim.
when did I say everyone hates chrsitians? :goodjob:

Hulud
08-17-2006, 02:41 PM
islams? what's an islam? I think you mean muslim. and no I don't think all muslim are terrorists. I'm not as narrow minded as you. but 99% of terrorists are muslim.
when did I say everyone hates chrsitians? :goodjob:
im more opened minded than you will ever be buddy :goodjob:

im not the one saying that terrorists are muslims and trying to downplay the fact that there are othere terrorists out there

{X}Echo419
08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
im more opened minded than you will ever be buddy :goodjob:

im not the one saying that terrorists are muslims and trying to downplay the fact that there are othere terrorists out there
I'm not downplaying anything. I'm simply pointing out the fact that you are blind to who's wants to kill US. it just so happens that all of the terrorists attacks in recent years against the US were muslim. :cheers:

Hulud
08-17-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not downplaying anything. I'm simply pointing out the fact that you are blind to who's wants to kill US. it just so happens that all of the terrorists attacks in recent years against the US were muslim. :cheers:
i agree with you there that in recent years yes, but my whole point is in teh other thread you didnt say the terrorists who want to attack the US, you just said terrorists

{X}Echo419
08-17-2006, 03:12 PM
i agree with you there that in recent years yes, but my whole point is in teh other thread you didnt say the terrorists who want to attack the US, you just said terrorists
well, I thought that was implyed. honestly, who would think All terrorists are muslim. that would be like saying All pitchers are right handed.

Hulud
08-17-2006, 03:15 PM
well, I thought that was implyed. honestly, who would think All terrorists are muslim.
ok then there was just a misunderstanding there

that would be like saying All pitchers are right handed.
well you never know, i havent met you so it was just a misunderstanding

{X}Echo419
08-17-2006, 03:16 PM
ok then there was just a misunderstanding there

ok. I was about to rip my hair out... :lmfao:

Hulud
08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
LOL

Jaimecbr900
08-21-2006, 11:18 AM
What you guys are failing to see is that organized religion as you call it or churches do far more than have service on Sunday and pass the collection plate around.

I totally agree that SOME churches are very materialistic and very money hungry. I've personally been to a church just like that. As a matter of fact, when my wife and I were looking around to find a church we wanted to be members of when we got married (two different backgrounds) we ran across a church just like that. They literally sent us a letter shortly after going there that basically said we weren't "giving" enough to support the church. I'd never had that happen to me before, and I never went back to that church again.

So I understand where some of you guys are coming from, but I want to assure you that is NOT the mold MOST churches follow. MOST churches do indeed help out their own community and help out their own parishoners and even help out other churches. I have personally seen that happen, so it's not a sales pitch. I've done my share of "service projects" that helped out total strangers that had nothing to do with our church. My church has our "great day of service" coming up in Sept. It is 32 individual projects that people signed up to help with. It could be anything from helping indigent people with their homes or chores to public works in the community to soup kitchens (which we have one that we run on a regular basis BTW) etc, etc. It is totally volunteer. It is totally up to you to do it. It is something our church has been doing for the last 4 years as a way for us to help not just ''us", but our surrounding community as well REGARDLESS of their religious belief or affiliation.

I've painted a very frail little old lady's house during one these "projects" before. She heated her house via an old school pot belly stove. Needless to say her entire house was soot riden inside and out. We took out everybit of her furniture outside and repainted it and the entire house. We repaired shingles that were long over due to be fixed. Fixed her plumbing which had rags wrapped around it and a bucket to keep from leaking on the floor. It was a very fullfilling 3 day project for me. The kicker was......the lady was an Atheist. She didn't believe in God at all.

I'm not going to make up a story and say that it was a hollywood ending to that. She was still just as Atheist the day we left as she was when we arrived. Her son was the contact person who asked for help thru his BAPTIST church (I'm not baptist) but they decided to contact us since we were already going to be doing this type work.

So you see, none of what we did sunk in to her as religious. None of what we did changed her point of view. None of what we did was done for either of those two purposes. It was done because it was the right thing to do for another human being in need, period. I'm sure she's happy the ceiling in her house is now NOT black and leaking. I'm sure she's happy her sink doesn't overflow on the floor. Personally, I'm glad I did it because it gave me far more in the long run than I ever gave her.

I'm a lay pastor at my church. One of the things I do is visit sick people in the hospital. Not to preach to them, I'm no preacher. Not to ask them for money or to join our church. I go there simply to ask them if there is anything I can do for them. Sometimes it's just mere companionship. People get really lonely when they're sick you know. Sometimes it's just physical chores.....get them up out of the bed into the bathroom, or go to their house and feed their animals or cut the grass or get their prescriptions. Sometimes it is spiritual. They want you to pray with them or for them, surprisingly the sick usually worry more about others than they do about themselves. The point is that about 1/2 of the people I visit are NOT members of our church. They could be a relative or a friend of one of our members, but that doesn't matter. Someone needs something, big or small, so we try and help. Their religious belief or status is never even considered.

:2cents:

Hulud
08-24-2006, 11:22 AM
What you guys are failing to see is that organized religion as you call it or churches do far more than have service on Sunday and pass the collection plate around.

I totally agree that SOME churches are very materialistic and very money hungry. I've personally been to a church just like that. As a matter of fact, when my wife and I were looking around to find a church we wanted to be members of when we got married (two different backgrounds) we ran across a church just like that. They literally sent us a letter shortly after going there that basically said we weren't "giving" enough to support the church. I'd never had that happen to me before, and I never went back to that church again.

So I understand where some of you guys are coming from, but I want to assure you that is NOT the mold MOST churches follow. MOST churches do indeed help out their own community and help out their own parishoners and even help out other churches. I have personally seen that happen, so it's not a sales pitch. I've done my share of "service projects" that helped out total strangers that had nothing to do with our church. My church has our "great day of service" coming up in Sept. It is 32 individual projects that people signed up to help with. It could be anything from helping indigent people with their homes or chores to public works in the community to soup kitchens (which we have one that we run on a regular basis BTW) etc, etc. It is totally volunteer. It is totally up to you to do it. It is something our church has been doing for the last 4 years as a way for us to help not just ''us", but our surrounding community as well REGARDLESS of their religious belief or affiliation.

I've painted a very frail little old lady's house during one these "projects" before. She heated her house via an old school pot belly stove. Needless to say her entire house was soot riden inside and out. We took out everybit of her furniture outside and repainted it and the entire house. We repaired shingles that were long over due to be fixed. Fixed her plumbing which had rags wrapped around it and a bucket to keep from leaking on the floor. It was a very fullfilling 3 day project for me. The kicker was......the lady was an Atheist. She didn't believe in God at all.

I'm not going to make up a story and say that it was a hollywood ending to that. She was still just as Atheist the day we left as she was when we arrived. Her son was the contact person who asked for help thru his BAPTIST church (I'm not baptist) but they decided to contact us since we were already going to be doing this type work.

So you see, none of what we did sunk in to her as religious. None of what we did changed her point of view. None of what we did was done for either of those two purposes. It was done because it was the right thing to do for another human being in need, period. I'm sure she's happy the ceiling in her house is now NOT black and leaking. I'm sure she's happy her sink doesn't overflow on the floor. Personally, I'm glad I did it because it gave me far more in the long run than I ever gave her.

I'm a lay pastor at my church. One of the things I do is visit sick people in the hospital. Not to preach to them, I'm no preacher. Not to ask them for money or to join our church. I go there simply to ask them if there is anything I can do for them. Sometimes it's just mere companionship. People get really lonely when they're sick you know. Sometimes it's just physical chores.....get them up out of the bed into the bathroom, or go to their house and feed their animals or cut the grass or get their prescriptions. Sometimes it is spiritual. They want you to pray with them or for them, surprisingly the sick usually worry more about others than they do about themselves. The point is that about 1/2 of the people I visit are NOT members of our church. They could be a relative or a friend of one of our members, but that doesn't matter. Someone needs something, big or small, so we try and help. Their religious belief or status is never even considered.

just saw this, will respond later tonite, cause im in class right now

Hulud
08-25-2006, 01:31 PM

my point is not necessarily church its just the principle of believing in something (whether it be god, science or nothing) in a group, similar to mob mentality. its just that people will go to these places and just get support for how they feel, its like they want others to say hey yes your right. and thats not what believing is about, its about how you feel. also with organized beliefs is like an elite group that you cant join unless you feel the same way as everyone else, which i feel is dumb.

hows that a "kicker"?
i thought that in the christian faith people were supposed to help others no matter their personal beliefs. so it shouldnt matter one bit who you are helping as long as you are helping someone in need, right?

So you see, none of what we did sunk in to her as religious. None of what we did changed her point of view.
why would it? faith cnat be changed on good acts of humans

None of what we did was done for either of those two purposes. It was done because it was the right thing to do for another human being in need, period. I'm sure she's happy the ceiling in her house is now NOT black and leaking. I'm sure she's happy her sink doesn't overflow on the floor. Personally, I'm glad I did it because it gave me far more in the long run than I ever gave her.

and thats how people should act, but unfortunatly most people dont (this was in reference to people in general and not solely to religious people)

ISAtlanta300
08-25-2006, 02:05 PM
my point is not necessarily church its just the principle of believing in something (whether it be god, science or nothing) in a group, similar to mob mentality. its just that people will go to these places and just get support for how they feel, its like they want others to say hey yes your right. and thats not what believing is about, its about how you feel. also with organized beliefs is like an elite group that you cant join unless you feel the same way as everyone else, which i feel is dumb.

I don't get it? So when a group of scientist get together to discuss something in a group and come to a group conclusion.... that is dumb?

Of course you are always, ALWAYS going to have a group of people that believe in the same thing. True, it is about how you FEEL, but are you saying that no two person can feel the same thing? Or believe the same thing??

And if you don't believe in something, what would you be doing there? It is not about being an "elite group", but honestly.. if you don't believe in God why would you want to go to Church? Or bash it for being for "elitist dumb people?" I mean the doors are open. You can walk in. So I don't think your definition of being an elite group really applies.

It would be like me joining a car club with my bicycle. I mean.. yea you are welcome to come on in.. but seriously.. would talking about modding cars, headers and turbo's mean anything to you?