PDA

View Full Version : Gas Needle..

B16a2 Civic
08-15-2006, 07:49 AM
my friend just got her fuel pump switched on her neon, and now her gas needle dont work.....well anyway, do you know why this could be? how can this be fixed?

BTEC
08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
THEY EITHER DIDNT HOOK THE SENDING UNIT BACK UP OR THEY PUT THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY IN WRONG CAUSING THE FLOAT NOT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE EITHER CAUSING THE GAUGE TO READ EMPTY OR FULL ALL THE TIME. USUALLY IT STAY EMPTY BC ITS JAMMED AGAINST THE BAFFLES IN THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK.

B16a2 Civic
08-15-2006, 08:19 AM
ahhh okay.

B16a2 Civic
08-15-2006, 08:25 AM
she said her needle stops at the 1/4 tank cause she ran out of gas

BTEC
08-15-2006, 08:42 AM
so her sending unit doesnt go all the way dwn which would allow her gauge to show empty? well then her sending unit float must to sitting ontop of the baffle in the bottow of her tank or they bent it putting the assembly back in which is very possible.

B16a2 Civic
08-15-2006, 08:55 AM
ppreciate the info, how would i be able to pin point which one of the problems itw ill be, she dont want to take it back to that half ass shop.
OH YEAH, that shop ( here in columbus) left her intake tube loose and her motor kept sucking in too much air and she was gettin too much power, she almost crashed trying to park, what kind of motor damage could that possibly cause? i screwed her intake tube back on

Evil Goat
08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
lmao...she would probably actually lose power w/ the intake tube coming off....wouldnt cause any engine damage that i know of, ive run down the track and had the intake tube seperate from the IM due to a faulty coupler and never had a problem with it