PDA

View Full Version : Speed Cameras!?!?!

R3RUN
08-15-2006, 01:27 AM
I was headed south on 141 tonight and was almost to the boarder of gwinnett and fulton when I looked up and saw a red light flashing. It looked like it was attached to some kind of box on a telephone pole. It seemed to flash pretty damn fast to. I hope I didnt get owned by a damn camera, I wasnt even going that fast, 65 tops. Anybody know about this? I hope they dont have these things here yet that would be :gay:

God
08-15-2006, 01:28 AM
hhaha

R3RUN
08-15-2006, 01:30 AM
I know, this sucks. I cant afford another ticket right now. I at least hope they give me a cool picture if I get a picture.

Deaf Pimp
08-15-2006, 01:49 AM
According to this site there are no speed cameras in Atlanta.

http://www.photoenforced.com/

R3RUN
08-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Well I hope thats right, I really dont want to get a ticket from a damn camera. What ever happened to hiring people to police people.

Deaf Pimp
08-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Do you realize these traffic cams are just revenue producers. It's good for the city and the manufacture who makes these cams. They both come out ahead with money. Luckily in Atlanta, most traffic light cam fines are $70. Meanwhile, in CA most people will pay up to $400 after all fines and costs included.

Thank these guys for coming up with such an innovative solution:

http://www.QUIXOTECORP.com/

Speed cams are a reality, but I'm not sure what you saw tonight. I'm pretty sure I haven't heard of any speed cameras in GA yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they come soon enough.

R3RUN
08-15-2006, 02:03 AM
Damn money, always screwing up everything.

I see how they help the state create revenue and what not but I think that traffic cameras take things to far. On an empty road it should not be a big deal if I go 10mph over the speed limit, and a human cop would most likely realize that. Also I heard on the news that there are actually more accidents caused by redlight cameras than prevented by them because in a desperate move not to get a ticket people stop to quickly and get rearended.

On a lighter note, its kind of funny that that one real estate lady from cali, I think, got like 14 tickets in a week or something like that.

Stormhammer
08-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Speed cams are a reality, but I'm not sure what you saw tonight. I'm pretty sure I haven't heard of any speed cameras in GA yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they come soon enough.

there are at least 2 of them at the intersection of Satellite and Lawrenceville Suwannee - there's even signs stating its photo enforced :goodjob: for a good reason - I witness my friend in front of me get broadsided - so we pulled off to the side of the road and the cop was writing the stuff down, and guess what? another accident due to speeding through intersections occured

R3RUN
08-15-2006, 02:15 AM
Those are redlight cameras though. I was on an open road with no intersections in sight.

Stormhammer
08-15-2006, 02:17 AM
whoops, my bad :D

R3RUN
Worst case scenario I buy a faster car and go much faster. Top Gear did a test and apparently at 173mph speed cameras dont even register youve gone by. :D

In all seriousness though, am I the only one who feels violated by these kinds of devices?

R3RUN
whoops, my bad :D

Its all good.

Btw if thats your car in your sig its really badass looking.

Keebs ð¿ð
08-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Worst case scenario I buy a faster car and go much faster. Top Gear did a test and apparently at 173mph speed cameras dont even register youve gone by. :D

In all seriousness though, am I the only one who feels violated by these kinds of devices?

Nah, just drive without a tag... Solves the speed camera problem lol

Stormhammer
08-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Btw if thats your car in your sig its really badass looking.

its a bit photoshopped (headpanel and bumper cleaned up of rust specs, lower airdam (note that its silver lol) as well as the rims being painted and polished)... but thats my desired stage at the moment for daily driving - keeps me inspired for what my goal is :goodjob:

R3RUN
08-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Nah, just drive without a tag... Solves the speed camera problem lol

I did that for about 3 weeks once, got out of a red light camera because of it.

its a bit photoshopped (headpanel and bumper cleaned up of rust specs, lower airdam (note that its silver lol) as well as the rims being painted and polished)... but thats my desired stage at the moment for daily driving - keeps me inspired for what my goal is

Well then I wish you well on completing it soon.

quickdodge®
08-15-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I haven't heard of any speed cameras in GA yet.

Holy shit, ASSHOLE!! There fucking everywhere, man. Lolol. Later, QD.

Julio
08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.laserveil.com

Crazy Asian
08-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Fudge run across the street and see if they catch you.

§treet_§peed
08-15-2006, 05:45 PM
they got that suff that you can put on your tag that when a camera trys to take a picture of it it blurs in the pic so that way your tag number is hidden..:D

HyPer50
08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
dunno man, and dunno how it is in the rest of GA, but on I-75 between Windy Hill and the south loop there is a traffic camera literally ever 500ft or so... so if they wanted to they could have 75 on lockdown lmao.

GsrTurbo320
08-15-2006, 09:32 PM
They're are red light camera's at some locations.

but havent heard or seen of any speed cameras here yet

B18c-rex
08-15-2006, 09:37 PM
There are two of them on peachtree street in atlanta. Oh and the spray for license plate to block the picture doesn't work btw... :lmfao:

HyPer50
08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I pass 3 of the traffic light cameras many times a day, Allgood Rd/41, Windy Hill/41, W Paces Ferry Rd/41. By far the worst one is Windy HIll lmao.

CLR-NISSAN
08-15-2006, 10:35 PM
i got three of those damn $70 tickets they dont go on your record if theats what you are worried about......i dont think Ga has those speed cameras yet

Dominic49
08-16-2006, 09:14 AM
red light on the box is not a speed camera... its some tamper proof system for the cable companys if i rember correctly...