PDA

View Full Version : New lower control arm question...

lost
08-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I just installed SPC rear lower control arms and a DC sports rear lower tie bar. Seemed pretty easy. But the test drive felt kind of weird. almost like the ass end was moving around alot. I think it's just really responsive now when i touch the steering wheel. Every little movement of the steering wheel, seemed like the ass end of the car was following with the front. Is this normal? anyone else feel this? Is it something im just going to get use too? Is it just because the rear is stiff now? Do i need to go have the camber and toe checked?? any help would be appreciated.. thanks.

lost
08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Nothing huh?

§treet_§peed
08-23-2006, 04:26 PM
i would say it's jsut cause it's really stiff now....i installed same stuff on my civic, but i haven't got to test drive it cause my Dl's are suspended...but it's prolly just cause it's stuffed....

cardesignz
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
After doing just about any suspension work, you should have an allignment. It probably needs the toe or camber or both adjusted. The control arms probably affected both, as they are a different size from stock.

lost
08-28-2006, 08:40 PM
i believe your correct. i talked to a shop, and they said my camber is probably what's doing it. I had zero camber before i put the arms on, and they are suppose to be a little shorter than stock, so i probably have positive camber now.

cardesignz
08-28-2006, 09:18 PM
That sounds right, as the aftermarket control arms are generally used with a camber kit to correct negative camber that occurs when lowering a car. So, if you used them with 0 camber, you would end up with positive camber so from the rear of the car your tires would look like \ /. This could definitly make the rear of the car unstable since the rear wheels would tend to dart in either direction rather easily as you discribed. It can also wear the outside edge of your tire in the same way that negative camber wears the inside edge.