PDA

View Full Version : Misc Watching preseason football

tony
08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
And just saw Reggie Bush make a 40 yard run.. its not so much the run but how slow he made the defense look. The NFC south is going to be unreal this year.

{X}Echo419
08-12-2006, 10:01 PM
replace Vick with Shockley! :2cents:

tony
08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Shockley did look strong last night.. Falcons still had trouble stopping the run though.

Some things from watching the games tonight:

Lendale White got his ass kicked by a team mate in training camp.. literally. (they showed it on the nfl network)

Vince Young may be injured, they have not said for sure yet

Reggie Bush will be exciting to watch

Favre is still getting sacked like last year, and this is only the preseason

David Carr did not get sacked once

Big Baller
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

Hell yes, I was at the game and the place went nuts when they put Shockley in. It was fucking great.

HyPer50
08-13-2006, 11:17 AM

Ermm.... he did good, but that was against 3rd stringers and backups. He's impressive but ughhhh ya, lil too early to start the replace Vick with Shockley chants lmao.... And just to be fair, Bryan Randall had a better showing/numbers than Shockley did. He threw for more, more accuratly, in fewer throws, and ran for more lol... oh well, not my job to decide who stays and who goes, i wish we could keep all 4 QB's lol.

{X}Echo419
08-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Ermm.... he did good, but that was against 3rd stringers and backups. He's impressive but ughhhh ya, lil too early to start the replace Vick with Shockley chants lmao.... And just to be fair, Bryan Randall had a better showing/numbers than Shockley did. He threw for more, more accuratly, in fewer throws, and ran for more lol... oh well, not my job to decide who stays and who goes, i wish we could keep all 4 QB's lol.

Shockley did good. it was the recievers that couldn't catch that Bullet when it hit them IN THE HANDS! a QB can't help that. :2cents:

HyPer50
08-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Shockley did good. it was the recievers that couldn't catch that Bullet when it hit them IN THE HANDS! a QB can't help that. :2cents:

3rd string or lower QB's get to throw to the lowest skill recievers lol... they are gonna let him play in the 3rd quarter next game, so we'll see if they fare better, i'm not downing him either way.

Xrated O.G.
08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL......:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :cheers:

Mchnhead2k5
08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Trade Vick and move Matt Schaub up to starter. I think he's a better all around QB than Vick. Plus Vick sits out when he's 85%, hockey players are 85% after the first month and still have 60-70games left. Vick has a total of 16 games. I think he is a wuss to some degree.

efman
08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
okay we dont have a offensive line to drop back and pass so when shockley can run a 4.3 , make people miss, and can throw the ball as far as vick then fine, the only thing vick is really bad at is he has know touch

Xrated O.G.
08-14-2006, 08:11 PM
okay we dont have a offensive line to drop back and pass so when shockley can run a 4.3 , make people miss, and can throw the ball as far as vick then fine, the only thing vick is really bad at is he has know touch

LMAO.... Aint that the truth...

HyPer50
08-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Trade Vick and move Matt Schaub up to starter. I think he's a better all around QB than Vick. Plus Vick sits out when he's 85%, hockey players are 85% after the first month and still have 60-70games left. Vick has a total of 16 games. I think he is a wuss to some degree.

Lookin for a valid point in this entire nonsense.... Nope... not seeing a single one. Vick sat out ONE game (patriots) last season, and it was due to his hamstring. And when your a mobile QB like Vick is, you need your legs to be in good shape and not tensed up. Schaub is a good QB, and will be a starter for some team eventually, but NEVER will he take Vicks place in atlanta. You people are insane who insist on benching Mike. He's getting better at passing, and his legs have been good always. Not to mention he's our $110,000,000 man. Vick is staying, get used to it. Lets see you run around all game in full pads and take the hits he has and not miss a game. lol.... Very few players are worthy of bein' called a "wuss", Vick nor any of the current Falcons are one of em.

Xrated O.G.
08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
^^^^^ UH OH the tension is rising........ MMMUUUUWWWAAAHHHHH

HyPer50
08-14-2006, 08:27 PM
^^^^^ UH OH the tension is rising........ MMMUUUUWWWAAAHHHHH

lol nahhhhh no tension, just gotta bring some of the Atlanta Falcons messageboard drama to the IA drama.

{X}Echo419
08-15-2006, 07:06 AM
running backs run, QB's throw. running for a QB should be secondary to him, not primary.
this isn't a highschool pick up game. Vick can't do it all.
we can all just sit back and watch Schaub or Shockley get traded and become the next Brett Farve. :2cents:

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm not a Falcons fan one bit. I just enjoy football. I'm a diehard Steelers fan. I grew up in Pittsburgh and had to deal with disappointment many years under the helm of Bubby Brister and Mike Tomzack and Kordell Stewart. FYI Vick was following Kordell and you can see where that got Kordell. I just don't think that Vick is all that good, sure he can run, he does amazing things (MN Vikings game in OT) but as XEcho said QBs are there to throw and RBs to run. Falcons fan should be mad that their franchise player who makes more than $100mil has only won one playoff game. Where as Big Ben has won a superbowl in his 2nd season and makes "very little" compared to Vick's contract. Even Tom Brady doesn't make the money like Vick and he's delivered 3 rings to New England.

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 07:31 AM

Aren't quarterback supposed to have touch? Then what's the use of having Vick back there if he has no touch? You never saw Joe Montana or Elway win by just slingin' the ball around. Favre even has touch for a guy that loves to hurl the ball at his receivers and he's got a ring to show for it. I just don't see the infatuation with Mike Vick. Sure Vick is exciting to watch so is Reggie Bush but Vick is not going to get you wins. Blank just keeps Vick around so the Dome remains at least 85% full for games.

tony
08-15-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm not a Falcons fan one bit. I just enjoy football. I'm a diehard Steelers fan. I grew up in Pittsburgh and had to deal with disappointment many years under the helm of Bubby Brister and Mike Tomzack and Kordell Stewart. FYI Vick was following Kordell and you can see where that got Kordell. I just don't think that Vick is all that good, sure he can run, he does amazing things (MN Vikings game in OT) but as XEcho said QBs are there to throw and RBs to run. Falcons fan should be mad that their franchise player who makes more than $100mil has only won one playoff game. Where as Big Ben has won a superbowl in his 2nd season and makes "very little" compared to Vick's contract. Even Tom Brady doesn't make the money like Vick and he's delivered 3 rings to New England.

Man are you serious? I would type out a response but I doubt the point would get across. Vick is not a traditional quarterback, and that one playoff win was at Lambeau field.. which had never been done before. The offense puts points on the board, the defense has not been holding up their end and that has been the problem.

candy2082002
08-15-2006, 10:37 AM
I never really understood the big deal about Vick, but after watching some of his past performances and the preseason game. I think that he is a great QB, Schaub also did great on friday and I am sure he will have many chances to prove himself this year as yet another good maybe great QB. Just my thoughts on that:D Go Falcons

ShooterMcGavin
08-15-2006, 11:49 AM
vick is an athlete, he's exciting to watch, but his QB skills aren't exactly all that.

Xrated O.G.
08-15-2006, 12:01 PM
vick is an athlete, he's exciting to watch, but his QB skills aren't exactly all that.

UH OH.... That should get the natives restless....

NEWS FLASH :

You heard it here folks... Not all residents of the Atlanta area are swinging from the Ron Mexico ball sack....:duel:

{X}Echo419
08-15-2006, 12:04 PM

NEWS FLASH :

You heard it here folks... Not all residents of the Atlanta area are riding the Ron Mexico ball sack....
indeed :cheers:

B16a2 Civic
08-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Cardinals lookin strong

Xrated O.G.
08-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Cardinals lookin strong

Well hello there from way out in left field.... I just dont know if your boy was worth 6 yrs for 51 million..... But let the talks begin...

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 12:26 PM

i agree 100%. As for the cards they have a very good looking young nucleus on the offensive side. I don't know too much about their defense though. Take the Chicago D and Cards O and you have yourself a damn good football team.

candy2082002
08-15-2006, 12:27 PM

I am just starting to get into football and I realize that Vick may not have the best QB skills, but I know that one of the only reasons I would go to a Falcons game is to see Vick play. From my point of view it would be exciting to see him whip down the field and get a touchdown rather then see him passing the ball to others that dont give quite the show Vick can.I also know that football is a team sport, but thats how I feel. I know that I dont know much about football, but he is one of the reasons I have grown to like the sport so thats pretty much it just how I feel

Xrated O.G.
08-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I am just starting to get into football and I realize that Vick may not have the best QB skills, but I know that one of the only reasons I would go to a Falcons game is to see Vick play. From my point of view it would be exciting to see him whip down the field and get a touchdown rather then see him passing the ball to others that dont give quite the show Vick can.I also know that football is a team sport, but thats how I feel. I know that I dont know much about football, but he is one of the reasons I have grown to like the sport so thats pretty much it just how I feel

You should hang out with my wife and some of the other cackling hens during the football season. She is a die hard Cowboys fan but she loves to get into the hipe just like the guys do. I would suggest getting into a fantasy football league if at all possible just cause you will learn so much from following all the stats and starters and all of that other jazz....

Xrated O.G.
08-15-2006, 12:33 PM
i agree 100%. As for the cards they have a very good looking young nucleus on the offensive side. I don't know too much about their defense though. Take the Chicago D and Cards O and you have yourself a damn good football team.

Interesting perspective...:2cents:

candy2082002
08-15-2006, 12:35 PM
You should hang out with my wife and some of the other cackling hens during the football season. She is a die hard Cowboys fan but she loves to get into the hipe just like the guys do. I would suggest getting into a fantasy football league if at all possible just cause you will learn so much from following all the stats and starters and all of that other jazz....

see the thing is I did the fantasy football thing........I drafted players.......and like two are retired...I didnt know that so I am still going to follow it and see where it goes from there. Thanks for the much needed advice!!!:yes:

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 12:44 PM

this is why i think Arthur Blank keeps Vick around. With Vick around he can put butts into seats, get a new fanbase, and people won't worry too much about wins b/c they can see a good show every home game. Pittsburgh tried this strategy with the "First Vick" Kordell Stewart and all it got us was 2 Lost AFC Championship games.

Xrated O.G.
08-15-2006, 12:57 PM
this is why i think Arthur Blank keeps Vick around. With Vick around he can put butts into seats, get a new fanbase, and people won't worry too much about wins b/c they can see a good show every home game. Pittsburgh tried this strategy with the "First Vick" Kordell Stewart and all it got us was 2 Lost AFC Championship games.

Wow sir, you do speak the truth even when its not a good point for your boys. My question is do you think that Bill Coward will be back after this season with the Steelers? I havent really formed an opinion on this one yet but I would think that he would have wanted to go out "on top". Which means he would have been done after last year. So then that means that maybe he is going to stay a while longer? Any thoughts on this one?

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Wow sir, you do speak the truth even when its not a good point for your boys. My question is do you think that Bill Coward will be back after this season with the Steelers? I havent really formed an opinion on this one yet but I would think that he would have wanted to go out "on top". Which means he would have been done after last year. So then that means that maybe he is going to stay a while longer? Any thoughts on this one?

Bill Coward (i've heard that one many a time). I'll speak the truth even if my team looks bad (brister, tomczak, maddox, every other stewart years). I'll admit to my team sucking. But yeah Cowher is building a home in Raleigh this past offseason and i'm pretty sure it has already been built. He's still a pretty young coach, he turns 50 next year. But I see him leaving the Steelers within the next couple of years, I'll go with when Hines retires Cowher will go with him.

Xrated O.G.
08-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Bill Coward (i've heard that one many a time). I'll go with when Hines retires Cowher will go with him.

I had to try and slide it in there of course. I could see that happening with Hines. Ususally when I pose a question like that to other steeler fans they usually go straight for the "Steele Curtain Years"...

ShooterMcGavin
08-15-2006, 01:57 PM

NEWS FLASH :

You heard it here folks... Not all residents of the Atlanta area are swinging from the Ron Mexico ball sack....:duel:
damn skippy, i'm a bucs fan first and foremost and a pretty big fan of the saints as well. falcons and panthers ftl :D

Xrated O.G.
08-15-2006, 02:02 PM
damn skippy, i'm a bucs fan first and foremost and a pretty big fan of the saints as well. falcons and panthers ftl :D

You sir have been positive repped....

ShooterMcGavin
08-15-2006, 02:30 PM
right back at ya :goodjob:

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 04:54 PM
NFL Predictions first four are div winners then WildCard:
NFC: Dallas, Chicago, Carolina, Seattle...Giants Falcons..darkhorse Cards
AFC: New England, Steelers, Jags, Chargers...Colts, Bengals, and Denver fight for the WC a darkhorse would be the Ravens and or Miami if they can get their acts together.

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Hall vs. Crumpler Lehr vs. Milloy wow your falcons players can't get along.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5873396

tony
08-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Thats the kind of aggression we want to see

HyPer50
08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
The cardinals have a offensive dream come true as far as recievers/rb go... but I have never liked Leinart, and I seriously doubt he's going to be anything more than a middle grade QB, even with Larry Fitzgerald and Edge on his side.

As for Vick not havin' QB skills... You dont play a single game in the NFL at QB if you dont have skills. He has an insane arm strength, 2nd only to maybe Brett Favre, his accuracy is pretty top notch to, it's just (as yall have said) his touch on the ball, he rifles it when he doesn't neccesarily have to. But fuck it... I'd rather have an exciting QB that can run for 700+yds a season rather than a perfect pocket passer.

And to the point about comparing Rothlisberger to Vick, and him winning a superbowl. LUCK and supporting cast is all I have to say about that. Vick has got us to the playoffs twice in the 4 complete seasons he's played, thats pretty friggin' good for Atlanta. And as Tony said, the points have been on the board, it's just a matter of keepin' our D healthy AND STOPPING THE FRIGGIN" RUN... can't except the offense to score 20+ every game.

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 07:49 PM
big ben in two seasons one with a broken throwing hand thumb got the steelers to the playoffs both years.

HyPer50
08-15-2006, 08:01 PM
big ben in two seasons one with a broken throwing hand thumb got the steelers to the playoffs both years.

"big ben" had hines ward, bettis, randel el, and a helluva defense lol. like i said, if the defense can hold there side down, the falcons are just as good if not better than the steelers heh.

mp5o
08-15-2006, 09:20 PM
The cardinals have a offensive dream come true as far as recievers/rb go... but I have never liked Leinart, and I seriously doubt he's going to be anything more than a middle grade QB, even with Larry Fitzgerald and Edge on his side.

As for Vick not havin' QB skills... You dont play a single game in the NFL at QB if you dont have skills. He has an insane arm strength, 2nd only to maybe Brett Favre, his accuracy is pretty top notch to, it's just (as yall have said) his touch on the ball, he rifles it when he doesn't neccesarily have to. But fuck it... I'd rather have an exciting QB that can run for 700+yds a season rather than a perfect pocket passer.

And to the point about comparing Rothlisberger to Vick, and him winning a superbowl. LUCK and supporting cast is all I have to say about that. Vick has got us to the playoffs twice in the 4 complete seasons he's played, thats pretty friggin' good for Atlanta. And as Tony said, the points have been on the board, it's just a matter of keepin' our D healthy AND STOPPING THE FRIGGIN" RUN... can't except the offense to score 20+ every game.

A trip to the superbowl is all the excitement I would need....

HyPer50
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
A trip to the superbowl is all the excitement I would need....

Well, the Falcons were one game away from it in the 04 season. If we can keep our defense healthy I see no reason why they can't make it back there again. the NFC south maybe the toughest division in football at the moment tho, but I believe the Falcons can win the division without any real difficulty. Anyways... one game at a time and I'm just lookin' forward to the next preseason game lol.

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 11:47 PM
we'll find out who has the better team come Oct 22 in the Jawja Dome.

Mchnhead2k5
08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2549750

Interesting article about NCAA vs. NFL

9. Ticket prices
The highest cost of a ticket at Georgia this season is $32. The Bulldogs are the defending SEC champion. The highest cost of a ticket at the Atlanta Falcons this season is $104. The Falcons went 8-8. Where would you rather be?

ShooterMcGavin
08-16-2006, 12:30 AM
haha just read that today at work, college fb ftw! :D

ShooterMcGavin
08-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Hall vs. Crumpler Lehr vs. Milloy wow your falcons players can't get along.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5873396
coulda sworn it was hall vs. jennings? :thinking:

Mchnhead2k5
08-16-2006, 12:40 AM

maybe it was. I just know i was at D&Bs in Cobb and saw Hall and the other guy swing for the fences. They landed a lot of punches on each others helmets though.

ShooterMcGavin
08-16-2006, 12:50 AM
yeah it was hall and jennings cuz hall knocked off jennings' helmet before they got broken up.

HyPer50
08-16-2006, 07:20 AM

There were a couple fights. Hall vs. Crumpler, Lehr vs. Milloy, and then Hall vs. Jennings was the last one.

Xrated O.G.
08-16-2006, 06:48 PM
There were a couple fights. Hall vs. Crumpler, Lehr vs. Milloy, and then Hall vs. Jennings was the last one.

Payed Professional Athletes fighting while at work.... How many jobs have you had that you could get away with that shit...I think its ridiculous the shit they get away with...

HyPer50
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Payed Professional Athletes fighting while at work.... How many jobs have you had that you could get away with that shit...I think its ridiculous the shit they get away with...

It's football. it happens every day, no big deal. as long as it doesn't carry over to other practices i dont care. You try hanging out in the hot ass Georgia heat all day and hitting other guys, eventually tempers will flare lol. The only fight I've seen so far in training camp that I dont agree with is where Ed Hartwell tried to kick one of the rookies when they were down after a fight, thats just thugish, but oh well, thats his reputation.

Xrated O.G.
08-17-2006, 02:31 PM
^^^I hear ya man....

TeeJay
08-17-2006, 04:15 PM
hyper50, whats your id on the falocns message boards?? i lurk there every once in a while but never post LOL

HyPer50
08-17-2006, 08:06 PM
chrisc1982 or somethin' like that. i've only got like 200 somethin' posts in the 3 years i've been a member lol, so ya, i dont post much. waaaaay too much drama over there heh, it's makes IA look like heaven.