PDA

View Full Version : Misc best spyware-adaware/AV/firewall prog?

lilmanx01
08-12-2006, 02:55 PM
so ive been using ad-aware se pro 1.06 i believe....it does a good job. but im thinking if there is nething better out there? i use to use spysweeper...but it has a 1 yr subscription bs thing so i switched. and i use NOD32 for AV....doesnt use much resources to run and it has a lot of options. for a firewall i have nvidia...it came stock with my computer its not bad but i dont know as much about firewalls. opinion/comments?

4dmin
08-12-2006, 03:50 PM
sp2 + spybot + mcafee online scan + router = perfect

on a home pc firewall is only going to go so far and there is no real need for one; you need to be more worried about spyware/virus's

ClipseGST
08-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Zone Alarm Security Suite hands down. Prompts you about programs, etc. It's the cheapest yet best AV/Spyware solution.

nunyadamnbiz
08-12-2006, 04:48 PM
there was a write up in the newest consumer reports on all the best spyware\virus\adware etc programs out there...check it out if you really wanna know

Stormhammer
08-13-2006, 04:02 AM
AVG ( type AVG free in google ) free anti-virus thats as good as Norton if not better
Ad Aware by Lavasoft ( also free )
Spybot S&D ( free too lol )

also look on www.majorgeeks.com ;)

Stormhammer
08-13-2006, 04:02 AM
Zone Alarm Security Suite hands down. Prompts you about programs, etc. It's the cheapest yet best AV/Spyware solution.

hm, its not bad, but that shit is so annoying - it never remembers

Mchnhead2k5
08-13-2006, 10:16 AM
hm, its not bad, but that shit is so annoying - it never remembers

do you ever click the remember this action?? i rarely get popups from the ZA program asking me about access to internet.

lilmanx01
08-13-2006, 01:04 PM
AVG ( type AVG free in google ) free anti-virus thats as good as Norton if not better
Ad Aware by Lavasoft ( also free )
Spybot S&D ( free too lol )

also look on www.majorgeeks.com ;)

yeaa i use lavasofts ad-aware but i have the pro version. if you need it, ill hook it up. and avg...yea ive heard a good amt about it. but i really do like NOD32 it freaking does everything and takes no resources to run so you can do whatever else you want with no lag

ever heard of Ewido or something like that?

and ZA...i duno i jst wasnt feelin it compared to some of the other things ive tried. I hate norton though...takes up so many resources laggs down your computer and doesnt do half as much as NOD32

Allshow97
08-14-2006, 09:27 AM
so ive been using ad-aware se pro 1.06 i believe....it does a good job. but im thinking if there is nething better out there? i use to use spysweeper...but it has a 1 yr subscription bs thing so i switched. and i use NOD32 for AV....doesnt use much resources to run and it has a lot of options. for a firewall i have nvidia...it came stock with my computer its not bad but i dont know as much about firewalls. opinion/comments?

If your lookin for an all in one package I HIGHLY recommend Panda Titanium 2006 it has all the features that others offer and better protection. Alot of people in my field swear by this product and so do I. It's definately worth lookin in to.

lilmanx01
08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
hmm ill look into that. but my effing computer crashed the other day now i need an xp pro cd key..........!!!