PDA

View Full Version : Is it true

Maniaç
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
I have heard from a couple of forums that wrx/sti's can raise our psi by fucking with our wastegate. I think thay said that we have to.................... well I don't really know. Anyways is this true and if so does any one have a link to the thread were it shows you how to do it???

calmnothing
08-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Hmm not sure....

but you can get cooler intake temps if you do the coolant bypass mod....this way hot coolant isn't flowing through your throttlebody to heat up the intercooled air...which is retarded

NoPainT
08-11-2006, 02:28 PM
disconnect the hose..... hehe

Maniaç
08-11-2006, 02:34 PM
^ I was only asking people WITH an Impreza.

Thanks for nothing though.LoL

GTScoob
08-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Yes, you can tighten down the wastegate arm for quicker spool. It wont raise your boost but merely keep it shut for longer so that you get boost quicker. It can cause serious compressor surge or compressor stall on the turbo if you dont adjust it right.

Not sure how it would work without tuning either.

Maniaç
08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Yes, you can tighten down the wastegate arm for quicker spool. It wont raise your boost but merely keep it shut for longer so that you get boost quicker. It can cause serious compressor surge or compressor stall on the turbo if you dont adjust it right.

Oh I see, do you think it would be dangerous if I did it???? My max psi is 16.5, but I wouldn't mind being at 18psi. I have the AP so I don't think I would get any fuel cuts right. If its not do you think you can link me to a website were it can show me how to do it.

.:Zero:.
08-12-2006, 03:21 AM
::sigh:: You owe me your life for this, Alex.
Waste Gate Actuator Arm Adjustment (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=824323)
You actually do gain boost from this mod, but you gotta be careful. I heard this mod is very cobb accessport friendly.

08-12-2006, 03:27 AM

If the wastegate actuator is tightened, more boost will be required to open the wastegate. Thus the turbo will build more boost before it is relieved. I haven't heard about surge, but I do know some people who occasionally get spikes on cold days.

Maniaç
08-12-2006, 12:55 PM
::sigh:: You owe me your life for this, Alex.
Waste Gate Actuator Arm Adjustment (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=824323)
You actually do gain boost from this mod, but you gotta be careful. I heard this mod is very cobb accessport friendly.

Thanks Thomas

+1 for that

GTScoob
08-12-2006, 03:08 PM
If the wastegate actuator is tightened, more boost will be required to open the wastegate. Thus the turbo will build more boost before it is relieved. I haven't heard about surge, but I do know some people who occasionally get spikes on cold days.

Yup. Holding it closed will make it spike and if you adjust it too far you'll get surge when you're tooling around town at half throttle.

You could always do the GM boost solenoid mod, for $15 you'll get slightly quicker spool and much better boost response.

08-14-2006, 02:17 AM
nah, I'd rather do the 3/16 mod for like $1.25, same results.

Nemesis
08-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Some wastegate arms need to be adjusted. But it most cases it doesnt. I still need to the 3/16s mod. However, on a really cool night, Im having an issue where I sometimes hit fuel cut in third gear. Scares the fuck outta me.

Im getting ProTuned in the coming month so all should be well.

Maniaç
08-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Some wastegate arms need to be adjusted. But it most cases it doesnt. I still need to the 3/16s mod. However, on a really cool night, Im having an issue where I sometimes hit fuel cut in third gear. Scares the fuck outta me.

Im getting ProTuned in the coming month so all should be well.

What is a 3/16s mod????? I don't know how you still get fuel cuts, you do only have a turboback and em right.

Nemesis
08-17-2006, 11:57 AM
What is a 3/16s mod????? I don't know how you still get fuel cuts, you do only have a turboback and em right.

3/16 mod replaces the stock restrictive connector between lines. Check scoobymods for the info. Its really cheap and easy to do.

I have UP/ TBE/ and Stage II. Ive only hit cut twice, both times it was cool outside, but I think I know what caused it.

Maniaç
08-17-2006, 12:36 PM
3/16 mod replaces the stock restrictive connector between lines. Check scoobymods for the info. Its really cheap and easy to do.

I have UP/ TBE/ and Stage II. Ive only hit cut twice, both times it was cool outside, but I think I know what caused it.

Oh, I have had my AP for months now and I haven't gotten any fuel cuts, how many pounds are you pushing? Wait do yoy have a boost gauge? I do :D well I boost 16.5, but since I deleted my intake silincer(spelling??) my boost sometimes jumps to 18.

GTScoob
10-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Didnt realize people were still doing the 3/16" mod, I though that went the way of the buffalo, unichips, and MBCs on WRXs. I remember reading about it back when I got my WRX but thought that with the newer technology people would quit using ghetto mods like that.

Partial throttle, full boost FTL.