PDA

View Full Version : Misc Weight gainer for pit?

FrankenSTI
08-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I have a 5 month old pit, I need some advice on what to add to his dog food to help him put on some muscle mass. Any suggestions?

devin
08-10-2006, 01:03 PM
get a harness and have your dog pull you around the neighborhood, my dog loves that shit, i have a 2yr old female.

kittychick
08-10-2006, 01:13 PM
^but at 5 months... not a good idea, you'll hurt his bone growth or tear a muscle

long walks by the lake sound nice ;)
or how about going for swim
when he gets older you can learn to bike ride with him- I find it tons of fun to do with my dog!

but if all you're looking to do is beef him up with weight- puppy food itself is high in calories; it will help, are you feeding him 'large breed' puppy food? b/c that makes a difference too

1439/2000
08-10-2006, 01:15 PM
When he goes to dog prison he will lift tons of weights. Probably pick up a nose candy habit while he's in there too.

St0lenR
08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a 5 month old pit, I need some advice on what to add to his dog food to help him put on some muscle mass. Any suggestions?

what's his weigh????

FrankenSTI
08-10-2006, 01:27 PM
He weighs about 20 - 25 pounds I guess ive never weighd him.

devin
08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
dont worry man, pits dont stop growing until they got a lot older, so he will hit a couple growth spurts and fill out

FrankenSTI
08-10-2006, 01:55 PM
That is true, ill just let it runits course i guess. i will put up pics soon

{X}Echo419
08-10-2006, 02:53 PM
babies

St0lenR
08-10-2006, 03:03 PM
He weighs about 20 - 25 pounds I guess ive never weighd him.

Whoa that's kinda light for him...what are you feeding him???

Mine weighs 52lbs and he's only 4 1/2 mos..

FrankenSTI
08-10-2006, 03:34 PM
ALPO dog food its the only thing he likes. He could weigh more like I said I have never weighed him.

The Ren
08-10-2006, 03:37 PM
what food do you have him on?

FrankenSTI
08-10-2006, 03:40 PM
ALPO, I had him on purina but he didnt like it.

kittychick
08-10-2006, 03:46 PM
maybe ALPO is not the best food to feed him?
see futher....

By saving a pocket change on a cheaper dog food every month, you are exponentially increasing the chance that a few years down the road you will be faced with the choice of spending thousands in veterinary bills or euthanizing your dog. Want to avoid that choice? Inform yourself about dog foods! Dogs were designed to eat meat, gnaw on bones, and occasionally eat grass. What’s in Alpo dog food?

Top 3 ingredients:
ground yellow corn, soybean meal, and poultry byproduct meal

#1. Corn: The largest ingredient in Alpo Dog Food is a high energy, largely indigestible grain. A corn-based food makes a dog hyper and, because their body can’t digest the corn completely, makes their poop up to 60% larger. Believe it or not, you end up picking the top ingredient in Alpo dog foods up out of your yard.

#2. Soybean Meal: the lowest quality protein available to dog food manufacturers. Some veterinarians allege that soybeans are the #1 allergy of dogs- this can manifest itself in itching, gas, vomiting, skin irritations, and worse.

#3. Poultry Byproduct Meal: In other words, poultry unfit for human consumption. Either the remains (heads, feet, feathers) or ground carcasses of chicken killed by disease.

No wonder pets fed Alpo Dog Food are likely to develop health problems. But here’s the good news:

By switching to a higher quality food you can save on veterinary bills and decrease the amount of waste in your yard. Dogs on higher quality diets live longer, healthier lives. To learn more about healthier alternatives to Alpo dogs foods google the phrase “what's in dog food” (not in quotes) or visit our links.

The Ren
08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
alpo is horrible.. not something id reccomend using for your dog.. to help my pit-mutt gain weight I used nutro high energy food... and man she has gained 5 lbs in 4 months... thats amazing for a dog.. Try using a better quality food.. although it costs more.. it will be more beneficial to your dog in the long run..

devin
08-10-2006, 03:54 PM
i feed mine nothing but eukanuba and nutro, you can only get nutro at specialty dog food shops.

The Ren
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
^ very true.. nutro you get at petsmart, petco.. ect but believe me.. its worth the extra few bucks.. if you really care about your dog..

A1EX
08-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Whoa that's kinda light for him...what are you feeding him???

Mine weighs 52lbs and he's only 4 1/2 mos..
you cant even compare you have a presa

A1EX
08-10-2006, 04:06 PM
mine is 14 weeks and weighs exactly 26 pounds i feed him steak now

kittychick
08-10-2006, 04:09 PM
mine is 14 weeks and weighs exactly 26 pounds i feed him steak now

mmmm steak- I love steak- can I come to dinner with him? I like mine med rare/medium :goodjob:

A1EX
08-10-2006, 04:12 PM
mmmm steak- I love steak- can I come to dinner with him? I like mine med rare/medium :goodjob:
lol sure

thecrazyone
08-10-2006, 05:13 PM
go buy a tub of protein power, like kreyotein(SP) and mix a cup of it in his food everyday, for the first week only put a little bit in and then after he has had it run through his sytem a few times u can add more an he will buff up quick, then take him for a jog lol it wont harm the dog at all plus its a pit they have industructible stomachs i watch pits eat sticks, chicken bones, all the time they dont care, pits will eat everything there invincible, but yea my freind has done it to about 5 of his dogs and well here is the result....his names tiger, hes a beast but freindly as can be, unless u wanna jump into his yard in the middle of the night ha, you can see all his muslce in the second pic, we play with him like that all day, he likes the stick more than what he put on it

St0lenR
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
you cant even compare you have a presa

Oh yeah....I forget that sometimes :headslap:

The Ren
08-10-2006, 07:10 PM
alex.. thats not too smart... are you trying to give your dog pancreatitis? There is a reason its called dog food... and bones is even more stupid even if you watch your dog...specially considering the fact if they ate the whole bone.. and it gets stuck it can cut their throat, get stuck in their intestines and cut them up, and cause massive vomiting and diarrhea. I see it allll the time. The ONLY kind of bone that is acceptable is a cow hock bone, and as soon as it cracks you should toss itl.. if you wanna keep your dog.. steak is not the way to go.

nunyadamnbiz
08-10-2006, 07:16 PM
as soon as it gets to be about 8-9 months old take a nice size chain and put it around its neck, then find a nice huge padlock, like the size of your fist, put that at the end of the chain, like a necklace, the weight plus the lock hitting its chest will beef up the front mass of your dog...

A1EX
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
alex.. thats not too smart... are you trying to give your dog pancreatitis? There is a reason its called dog food... and bones is even more stupid even if you watch your dog...specially considering the fact if they ate the whole bone.. and it gets stuck it can cut their throat, get stuck in their intestines and cut them up, and cause massive vomiting and diarrhea. I see it allll the time. The ONLY kind of bone that is acceptable is a cow hock bone, and as soon as it cracks you should toss itl.. if you wanna keep your dog.. steak is not the way to go.
ok i only did it once so ill stop while im ahead

The Ren
08-10-2006, 07:59 PM
:D good.. I saw a dog the other day with a 2 inch bone stuck in his intestine.. we had to do emergency surgury.. and then his intestines twisted on themselves, so we had to do surgury again...to cut out a foot of intestines..

thecrazyone
08-10-2006, 09:16 PM
i had a lab that died from getting a splinter in his stomach, but i watch pits eat entire sticks just cause they can, bones to, everyone should know that you dont feed chicken bones to dogs, but ive put a plate of 50 wings bones down and watched 4 pits crunch them up in like 3 minutes, im not a proffesional but i do know pitbulls are unique in the way that they dont really get sick, and nothing really effects the dietary track at all.

kittychick
08-10-2006, 09:20 PM
LOL my poodle certainly didn't come from the woods of France... but he (and the cats) have such a preference to real meat

I wouldn't want to eat the same dry food day after day; but we give our pet(s) dry kibble day after day, isn't it unfair?

The Ren
08-10-2006, 09:31 PM
LOL my poodle certainly didn't come from the woods of France... but he (and the cats) have such a preference to real meat

I wouldn't want to eat the same dry food day after day; but we give our pet(s) dry kibble day after day, isn't it unfair?

not really.. thei digestive track isnt the same as ours.. we can handle a hell of alot more than they can.. ever notice if you switch your dog food they get diarrhea? Its cause their systems cant handle it.. Dogs have lasted years on dog food.... thats why its called dog food... and believe me pits can have the same problems any other dogs can.. Working at vets for almost 6 years I have seen it all...

kittychick
08-10-2006, 10:16 PM
we'll just have to agree to disagree... there's plenty of supporting materials for both sides

there's certain "people foods" my dog can't eat or he'll get sick...
we changed from one dry food to the other b/c he was having poop problems (too much corn in Pedigree)... etc.

everyone should simpy learn what their dog can/ cannot eat-- you know your dog best

dm1995
08-12-2006, 06:16 PM
i have a female ad she eats nutro it does wonders for them and there coat but a 5 dollar bag is 10 buck versus perdigree pro plan for puppys which is 15$ for 20lbs. nutro is a lot better but any suggestion on how to make them gain more weight other then protein and creatine? i she 2.5 months and only weighs like 15 lbs.? thats her dad on the top of the page jumping for the stick.

KMDX
08-12-2006, 06:23 PM
My female pit is 11 months old and she is only 40#, you have to realize all pits are not going to be huge and they usually don't fill out until 1 1/2 to 2 years old, You don't want to rush them putting on weight as it will compromise their joints...i.e hip problems...

I feed my pit all natural dog food. Canidae, you can get it at natural food stores it costs the same as Nutro and Eukanuba, but it is all natural. All three of my dogs love the food...It is also high in protein which will help put on weight in moderation...you can get the food @ Pets, Etc in Duluth.. :goodjob:

Rican219
08-12-2006, 07:38 PM
FUCK PITS Get a real dog like my Rat Terrior!!

She can be a mean bitch LIRL!!

These were taken while cutting her nails she hates it.

Dragonfly5338
08-12-2006, 11:51 PM
as soon as it gets to be about 8-9 months old take a nice size chain and put it around its neck, then find a nice huge padlock, like the size of your fist, put that at the end of the chain, like a necklace, the weight plus the lock hitting its chest will beef up the front mass of your dog...

that's the gayest thing i've ever heard. i hope you don't, and never will, own a dog. next you'll be suggesting tying a string and a dumbbell to the head of your dick to make it longer.

FrankenSTI
08-14-2006, 08:00 AM
RICAN Bring your rat terrior over to my house and will see whats up!

Rican219
08-14-2006, 09:14 PM
RICAN Bring your rat terrior over to my house and will see whats up!

You don't want none of dis!!!!

She has a rage in her!!! :taun:

FrankenSTI
08-15-2006, 07:17 AM

She has a rage in her!!!

devin
08-15-2006, 07:59 AM

are you kidding??

devin
08-15-2006, 08:01 AM
i had a lab that died from getting a splinter in his stomach, but i watch pits eat entire sticks just cause they can, bones to, everyone should know that you dont feed chicken bones to dogs, but ive put a plate of 50 wings bones down and watched 4 pits crunch them up in like 3 minutes, im not a proffesional but i do know pitbulls are unique in the way that they dont really get sick, and nothing really effects the dietary track at all.

thats true, my dog(female pit) i gave her a baseball to play with, and within 20min she had the leather off and ripping tp pieces the thread and completely destroy that baseball, she will eat sticks, pinecones, anything. and it doesnt even faze her.

kittychick
08-15-2006, 10:43 AM
^crazy dogs!

2.2EG
08-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I would say wait till your dog is atleast a Year old before trying to bulk it up the sudden weight gain could do more harm then good but I would say use redcell which is a liquid vitamin you add into your dogs food

atl300zx
08-15-2006, 03:14 PM
wait until it is older, then feed it Biljac (high in protein) and have it drag around chains and weights from a harness for 20-30 minutes a day.

Rican219
08-16-2006, 07:25 PM

She has a rage in her!!!

BWAHAHAHA WATCH YO ANKLES BISH!!! :lmfao: